2/3 of US would struggle to cover $1,000 crisis

Could you cover a $1,000 Emergency Expense  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Could you cover a $1,000 Emergency Expense

• Yes
    • No

I know this because you told us you stopped contributing to your 401k and went with an IRA.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/185364-dol-fiduciary-ruling/?p=3914048

I do think the 401k is Bull Sh it

How much do you lose in fees and in bad investments made by crooked brokers? No thanks

Oh, and retirement for me will be fine, barring a disaster

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do think the 401k is Bull Sh it

How much do you lose in fees and in bad investments made by crooked brokers? No thanks

Oh, and retirement for me will be fine, barring a disaster

So your 401k is bull ****. Do something about it you lazy bastard!

LOL

That is pretty much what I should have "said".

I thinks what's going on here is when you're only making $10 and hour babysitting 10 hours a week it's impossible to max out your 401k So based on that I think his actions are sound.

Edited by Chef Jim

(Please, no questions answered with a question, so ignorant)

What do you call refusing to answer any direct questions about your positions? Cowardly or ignorant or both?

Oh, that's right. Fascists don't permit questions. I forgot where your politics truly lie for a second.

So you completely gave up on your ability contribute and deduct $18k? Good job!

No, still have the ability but no need or ambition to waste my money. Once I found out they would not let me invest in vanguard and after trying to get them to let me, I just went to IRA and regular. Why should I invest with something I don't trust?

No, still have the ability but no need or ambition to waste my money. Once I found out they would not let me invest in vanguard and after trying to get them to let me, I just went to IRA and regular. Why should I invest with something I don't trust?

I think the most amazing thing about your idiocy is that it never ceases to amaze.

Ahhhh so to you Vanguard is the gold standard of investing. So based on the fact that you don't have access to Vanguard in your 401k you'll likely have $1m less in your retirement. Once again. Good job. :thumbsup:

I love how you consider an $18k annual investment in a tax deductible/tax deferred vehicle as a waste of your money. :lol:

Edited by Chef Jim

Ahhhh so to you Vanguard is the gold standard of investing. So based on the fact that you don't have access to Vanguard in your 401k you'll likely have $1m less in your retirement. Once again. Good job. :thumbsup:

Why not make it two million?!? Lol, sure sure

I saw another article where the figure was $400. That's plain scary. I can remember when $400 seemed like a lot of money, and to judge by some of what I read in these forums many of you weren't even born then :nana: .

Seriously my mom taught all us kids to "pay ourselves" first, meaning bank money, pay bills and THEN have fun with what's left over, if anything. Sage advice. My kid started contributing to retirement with the first job at age 16. If my rainy-day fund drops below one year's mortgage, taxes and insurance (happens every year when the boat goes in for service) I have chest pains.

The fact is that wages have not kept up with the cost of living in many areas, so those who are starting out or are in their early years working full-time aren't seeing the same trajectory of income growth that many of us older folks did.

I saw another article where the figure was $400. That's plain scary. I can remember when $400 seemed like a lot of money, and to judge by some of what I read in these forums many of you weren't even born then :nana: .

I know how you feel...