Jordan Reed Just Got Paid

H2o

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which TE's do you think are better playmakers in a non-fantasy world?

I think if you are just talking about receiving it is Gronk #1, Jimmy Graham #2, and I think Jordan Reed is right there with Julius Thomas competing for #3.

If I am talking all round tight ends, then Greg Olsen is higher, Jason Witten is higher and Clay is higher (just off the top of my head).

EDIT: Eifert is up there in both categories for me too. His blocking has really come on a bunch and he was dynamic in the pass game last year. I'd have him over Reed and Thomas.

Edited by GunnerBill

I look for a TE that creates mismatches. They're too fast to be covered by DEs and LBs, and too big to be handled by lone CB's. They exist to create space for the offense - whether it's blocking to seal the corner, drawing a double to let someone else get free, etc.

When you watch Washington, the offense runs through Reed, similar to Olsen in Carolina.

I'll slide off of Top 3 and put him top 5 with Olsen and Julius Thomas ahead of him. I'd take Reed (when healthy) over Clay, Kelsay, Witten (at this point), Graham (at this point), Gates (at this point).

Edited by DasNootz

I look for a TE that creates mismatches. They're too fast to be covered by DEs and LBs, and too big to be handled by lone CB's. They exist to create space for the offense - whether it's blocking to seal the corner, drawing a double to let someone else get free, etc.

So...Clay?

Reed is younger, faster, gets more yards after reception, sees more red zone activity, catches more contested balls, has a better catch rate, more yards/target.... is just more productive.

...in the receiving game. Without question.