Vacation - who is going where

Got thinking during lunch what am I going to do for a vacation this year. Life change has me able to do what I want, when I want.

Saw a show on PBS recently about Mt Rushmore and I thought that would be a cool 1 week road trip from Cbus OH. Thinking late Aug / early Sep.

I'm also tossing around a road trip to Manitoulin ONT to North Bay (where my family had a cottage for 25+ years) ONT, to Buffalo.

Thoughts?

What are your vacation plans?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to China. I'm attending a wedding in Beijing and then its on to Huangshan to "climb" a mountain that conveniently enough has stairs and gondolas, and then a few days of stuffing face and getting drunk in Shanghai.

I've heard good things about Rushmore. Do you have young kids? Would be great for them.

For us it's British Virgin Islands next month. Five days Virgin Gorda five days Tortola.

No kids. It's me, myself, and I.

Leaving for Vegas in 10 days for a week

Then spending a week in Cape cod early August. Want to squeeze in a few weekend trips this summer as well.

No kids. It's me, myself, and I.

Vacationing alone can be awesome. That's what I usually do.

I may just have to put those into consideration. :w00t:

Put those into consideration??? What on earth is there to consider?!?!

Coke, booze and hookers or staring at a rock? :blink:

EDIT: Oh I get it. You're considering whether to go with the cheap booze, hookers and coke right?

Edited by Chef Jim

Got thinking during lunch what am I going to do for a vacation this year. Life change has me able to do what I want, when I want.

Saw a show on PBS recently about Mt Rushmore and I thought that would be a cool 1 week road trip from Cbus OH. Thinking late Aug / early Sep.

I'm also tossing around a road trip to Manitoulin ONT to North Bay (where my family had a cottage for 25+ years) ONT, to Buffalo.

Thoughts?

What are your vacation plans?

Nice! Gotta love the bay! My family moved to North Bay when I was 2 years old. Been here ever since (43 years)

Great place to grow up and now raise a family. Enjoy! :thumbsup:

I went to Sioux city for work a few years ago, and took a side trip to Mount Rushmore by myself. I thought it was a pretty cool experience. But what made it great was it was the tourist offseason and there was no one else there-- had a real haunting feel to it.

Its scary to think that these mountains formed millions of years ago basically predicted the architects of America and our most influential presidents and also Roosevelt. I'm normally not one to believe in the supernatural and all that, but...this one makes you think.

Nice! Gotta love the bay! My family moved to North Bay when I was 2 years old. Been here ever since (43 years)

Great place to grow up and now raise a family. Enjoy! :thumbsup:

Family owned Lonely Island off Hinchberger Bay. No running water, no phone, no tv.

Put those into consideration??? What on earth is there to consider?!?!

Coke, booze and hookers or staring at a rock? :blink:

EDIT: Oh I get it. You're considering whether to go with the cheap booze, hookers and coke right?

You got it!! I can use the money saved on better hookers and coke.

Good topic! Wife and I have been tossing around several ideas but have not cemented plans yet which is very unusual for us. I think we are actually headed to the Bay Area for a week or so. Will definitely spend 3 or 4 days in SF. Deciding between other nearby areas (Tahoe, Yosemite, Napa, etc) for the balance. Also will be actively trying to avoid Chef's "advice". Also will be doing our annual visit to see our daughter in Maine, which is always wonderful.

Its scary to think that these mountains formed millions of years ago basically predicted the architects of America and our most influential presidents and also Roosevelt. I'm normally not one to believe in the supernatural and all that, but...this one makes you think.

Imagine if Roosevelt had lost that election.

Even the national media thought Dewey had it in the bag, but the mountains knew best much to Panama's chagrin.

you really think the mountains had any kind of foreknowledge about some insignificant carbon based life forms that would one day inhabit a place thousands of miles away? That's just crazy talk.

Everybody knows those mountains were formed by

ancient-aliens-guy.jpg

Good topic! Wife and I have been tossing around several ideas but have not cemented plans yet which is very unusual for us. I think we are actually headed to the Bay Area for a week or so. Will definitely spend 3 or 4 days in SF. Deciding between other nearby areas (Tahoe, Yosemite, Napa, etc) for the balance. Also will be actively trying to avoid Chef's "advice". Also will be doing our annual visit to see our daughter in Maine, which is always wonderful.

Actually you should be avoiding everyone's advice here.

You got it!! I can use the money saved on better hookers and coke.

:thumbsup: