LB ELIJAH LEE

KANSAS STATE

5: R5P27

S TEDRIC THOMPSON

COLORADO

6: R6P11

OT JERRY UGOKWE

WILLIAM & MARY

What as your thoughts on Polian not having Mahomes in his top 5 QBs? I found that interesting

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying the Bills will win every game they play, but I do believe they want to put a competitive product on the field that will also set a foundation for years to come. QB is a MUST in this league, but I feel the Bills are going to take their shot next year if ole' TT fails to deliver in this new system. It would just be too damaging for the rest of the team to know that they are tanking the season, or trying to "just get by" until next season so a new QB can start. Kyle Williams would not have returned if that were the case.

So, QB at 10 is a definite NO in my book, and a definite NO within the first several picks of the draft.

So we are going to be competitive, win games, and be in position to take one of the better QB prospects next year?

No one thinks they are tanking or trying to "just get by", regardless of where they go at 10. I think Kyle is pretty realistic, he knows he likely isn't winning a ring this year regardless of who gets picked at 10 (or in the 2nd or 3rd). These are grown men competing for their careers, they aren't going to just mail in the season because the team takes a QB early and hurts their feelings.

What as your thoughts on Polian not having Mahomes in his top 5 QBs? I found that interesting

Polian is an old man who the game has left behind

So we are going to be competitive, win games, and be in position to take one of the better QB prospects next year?

No one thinks they are tanking or trying to "just get by", regardless of where they go at 10. I think Kyle is pretty realistic, he knows he likely isn't winning a ring this year regardless of who gets picked at 10 (or in the 2nd or 3rd). These are grown men competing for their careers, they aren't going to just mail in the season because the team takes a QB early and hurts their feelings.

i realize he's old but... not even in the top 5? Has to be a reason. He typically knows player evaluation, still. Edited by YoloinOhio

You have a few weeks to stay on this "We're getting a new QB" high, so soak it up as much as you can big guy.

You have a few weeks to stay on this "We're getting a new QB" high, so soak it up as much as you can big guy.

Never said we are going to and I could easily see them passing or the value not falling to them. But to completely rule it out? That doesn't seem realistic.

Never said we are going to and I could easily see them passing or the value not falling to them. But to completely rule it out? That doesn't seem realistic.

This is very true. You can never say never in this league. I watched too many teams make crazier decisions than this, but I don't see them taking a QB with this crop of guys unless Peterman falls to them in the 5th which most likely won't happen. He could be a day 2 pick, and maybe move to day 1 if the Texans really like him.

Edited by ROONDOGG55

Sign me up right now:

YOUR PICKS
1: R1P10
QB PATRICK MAHOMES II
TEXAS TECH
2: R2P12
WR CHRIS GODWIN
PENN STATE
3: R3P11
CB RASUL DOUGLAS
WEST VIRGINIA
4: R5P12
LB ELIJAH LEE
KANSAS STATE
S TEDRIC THOMPSON
COLORADO
OT JERRY UGOKWE
WILLIAM & MARY

Looks good to me.

:thumbsup:

The Bills need bodies and cheap labor to avoid having to the fill the roster with free agents every year. There are a lot of roster holes to fill. It seems to me that there is depth in the draft at WR, CB and S. They might get very productive functional guys in the 3-4 round range. I personally hope they trade down as often as it is feasible and possible to do so and acquire picks throughout the entire draft. If people think we need an OT (Right side) as I do, I don't think there is much beyond round 2 that would qualify as starter material (we already have a backup level player starting). To fill this hole, they would have to prioritize it over WR, S, CB and DL/LB and hope to fill those other slots with acquired picks further down. In a draft deep in these positions that might be doable. Under no circumstances am I drafting a QB in round 1. I just do not see the necessary talent there to justify it. That player is NOT starting this year with TT here at his salary. Trade down early and often would be my motto throughout.

Edited by norton20

Sign me up right now:

YOUR PICKS
1: R1P10
QB PATRICK MAHOMES II
TEXAS TECH
2: R2P12
WR CHRIS GODWIN
PENN STATE
3: R3P11
CB RASUL DOUGLAS
WEST VIRGINIA
4: R5P12
LB ELIJAH LEE
KANSAS STATE
S TEDRIC THOMPSON
COLORADO
OT JERRY UGOKWE
WILLIAM & MARY

If the above happened I would entice Beerball to come back to the room in order to give you back the penalty points that he unfairly assessed you. :thumbsup: The sad reality is that your recommendation doesn't fall within the parameters of how the Bills conduct their business. It's a major challenge for an unimaginative organization to take an imaginative act. It goes against their stolid nature. :thumbdown:

Edited by JohnC

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.