2017 NFL Mock Drafts & Top Prospects

26CornerBlitz

I love me some Land Sharks. They seem to produce well coached and fundamentally sound DB's every year.

Mike Hilton was my favourite. Scrappy little bastard.

I think Conner is going to be this year's Karl Joseph--a guy that comes back from injury and goes a lot higher in the draft than most expect at this time of year.

I also think that Josh Harvey-Clemons is going to be this year's Jayron Kearse.

I need to get more into the OL at this point, but there are a few mid-round OTs I like enough to follow.

I'm thinking that Casey Tucker from Stanford could be a R4/R5 option at RT if he can clean up some of his handwork issues.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking that Casey Tucker from Stanford could be a R4/R5 option at RT if he can clean up some of his handwork issues.

Not watched him yet (focus is on seniors) but I like any bio that includes former HS wrestler.

If Miller really bombs in 2016, this thread will be 100% just me shouting for Danny Isidora from the rooftops. Dude is a stud.

EDIT: If you're glutton for punishment, DraftBreakdown put up a buttload (technical term) more videos of Chad Kelly. Up to 10 now.

http://draftbreakdown.com/players/chad-kelly/

Edited by Blokestradamus

Not watched him yet (focus is on seniors) but I like any bio that includes former HS wrestler.

If Miller really bombs in 2016, this thread will be 100% just me shouting for Danny Isidora from the rooftops. Dude is a stud.

EDIT: If you're glutton for punishment, DraftBreakdown put up a buttload (technical term) more videos of Chad Kelly. Up to 10 now.

My only problem with Danny Isidora is that he can get overly aggressive at the POA and whiff on guys.

Other than that, you're right, he's got it all. Low center of gravity, solid base, great power, nimble footwork. That he held his own against Walker and the rest of that FSU D-line in the slopfest game last year was all I needed to see from him.

My only problem with Danny Isidora is that he can get overly aggressive at the POA and whiff on guys.

Other than that, you're right, he's got it all. Low center of gravity, solid base, great power, nimble footwork. That he held his own against Walker and the rest of that FSU D-line in the slopfest game last year was all I needed to see from him.

Yeah, it's just a case of being more patient. I can appreciate being eager but he's good enough to win without always beating his man to the punch.

I especially enjoy him pulling, looks really good on the move. Just avoid the VT game. They had him playing RT for half the game, that was ugly.

Yeah, it's just a case of being more patient. I can appreciate being eager but he's good enough to win without always beating his man to the punch.

I especially enjoy him pulling, looks really good on the move. Just avoid the VT game. They had him playing RT for half the game, that was ugly.

Hah! Go figure that a guy playing out of position would look like it :lol:

The only ugly moment I've seen from Isidora was when Demarcus Walker swam around him for a sack/fumble on Kaaya, but let's face it, Walker is going to do that to a lot of really good players (plus Danny recovered the fumble, so bonus points).

The other interior guy I've watched a bit and liked was Kyle Kalis from Michigan. He's not the most refined technician, but he's extremely quick out of his stance, stays aware in space, and shows a real nasty streak.

Hah! Go figure that a guy playing out of position would look like it :lol:

The only ugly moment I've seen from Isidora was when Demarcus Walker swam around him for a sack/fumble on Kaaya, but let's face it, Walker is going to do that to a lot of really good players (plus Danny recovered the fumble, so bonus points).

The other interior guy I've watched a bit and liked was Kyle Kalis from Michigan. He's not the most refined technician, but he's extremely quick out of his stance, stays aware in space, and shows a real nasty streak.

I think Kalis might actually fit better at RT like he was recruited to play (and Erik Magnuson needs to kick in to guard).

Chad Wheeler (USC) is my senior OT1 (provided that he's not a complete loony bin candidate). Elflein is my IOL1 and I'm pretty sure he's not being surpassed.

I think Kalis might actually fit better at RT like he was recruited to play (and Erik Magnuson needs to kick in to guard).

Chad Wheeler (USC) is my senior OT1 (provided that he's not a complete loony bin candidate). Elflein is my IOL1 and I'm pretty sure he's not being surpassed.

I haven't seen enough of Wheeler yet to form an opinion, but I'll need to shelf my bias against overly tall OTs before I can actually grade him :lol:

Elflein is also my top interior guy; he's a stud.

So is Kelly better now or worse? (ain't got time for all that)

Just got done watching a bunch of Patrick Mahomes, and I'll call my shot: if this kid can clean up his delivery he's going to be a top-10 pick.

He's an exceptional athlete, has a rocket arm, and can get the ball out quickly and in rhythm.

He seems to be this year's Wentz. Everyone is intrigued by him and he should light it up in that system.

Just got done watching a bunch of Patrick Mahomes, and I'll call my shot: if this kid can clean up his delivery he's going to be a top-10 pick.

He's an exceptional athlete, has a rocket arm, and can get the ball out quickly and in rhythm.

I heart him so much. Biggest plus is keeping his eyes downfield when he's running for his life.

I heart him so much. Biggest plus is keeping his eyes downfield when he's running for his life.

Yes; excellent observation! That LSU game told me a lot about his ability to stay with a play.

I think he's going to go into the season as my QB1...just so much skill.

Hopefully focusing solely on football sports-wise will clean up his delivery and mechanics, because I feel like he could be special.

Edited by thebandit27

Yes; excellent observation! That LSU game told me a lot about his ability to stay with a play.

I think he's going to go into the season as my QB1...just so much skill.

Hopefully focusing solely on football sports-wise will clean up his delivery and mechanics, because I feel like he could be special.

He's definitely in that 1st round discussion with a good year. There's a bunch of decent QB prospects that could be top 64 picks.

Erik Turner has afforded me the opportunity to fire off a few scolding hot preseason draft takes for Cover1.net, focusing on areas of perceived future need for the Bills. The first of which focuses on the offensive tackle position. It's just seniors at this point, hopefully I can dig into some promising juniors at some point. If you have any ideas/suggestions for players/positions to dig into, let me know.

http://www.cover1.net/2016/07/2017-nfl-draft-preseason-ot-rankings/

He's still not good. :lol:

Kinda like with Wentz, the sample size was small before his senior year. 2016 is make or break for him.

Had to bring up Wentz, I still wish we could have gotten this kid,

Air raid :thumbdown:

Air raid :thumbdown:

I know, but I'm not basing it on his numbers.

I'm looking purely at his skillset, and it's far, far different from the Kliff Kingsbury-types that inflated their numbers without the pro-style passing skills.

Mahomes has more than the quick trigger. He's a terrific athlete who can buy himself time. He knows how to keep his eyes downfield; he can drop a deep pattern in the bucket, but he's also got the mid-range accuracy and velocity to hit the money throws.

He's definitely got some work to do to clean up his footwork and re-point his delivery (he's got some residual baseball mechanics that he's got to eliminate--Blokes and I talked about that a ways back, but I guess he quit baseball this year, so we'll see), but if he can do so, he's got the makeup to be a franchise QB IMO.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.