2016 NFL Draft--The "What Would You Have Done?" Thread

Here's your chance to go on the record.

This thread exists for one purpose only: for you to tell the world what you would've done at each Bills pick. Here are the rules:

- You cannot make up trades, despite any "reports" that have been out there. Plain and simple: you're picking where the Bills picked

- You have to use the simple knowledge of who's on the board at the time you pick--I know it's difficult, but do not use the benefit of foresight; draft who you want at that pick, at that time

In the future, we'll come back to this thread and look at the results.

Here's mine:

19 - Myles Jack - LB/UCLA

41 - Kamalei Correa - EDGE/BYU

80 - Adolphus Washington - DL/Ohio State (no change)

139 - Kyle Murphy - OT/Stanford

156 - KJ Dillon - S/West Virginia

192 - Kolby Listenbee - WR/TCU (no change)

218 - Brandon Doughty - QB/Western Kentucky

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread exists for one purpose only: for you to tell the world what you would've done at each Bills pick. Here are the rules:

- You cannot make up trades, despite any "reports" that have been out there. Plain and simple: you're picking where the Bills picked

- You have to use the simple knowledge of who's on the board at the time you pick--I know it's difficult, but do not use the benefit of foresight; draft who you want at that pick, at that time

Here's mine:

Is it wrong in this scenario to point out Correa would not have been there?

Is it wrong in this scenario to point out Correa would not have been there?

Correa was picked at 42 by Baltimore

Bandit, are you ok with Elandon Roberts getting abducted by the Pats***. Just checking on you :lol:

Back to the thread

I'll live...NE actually had a really, really nice draft.

Cyrus Jones, Malcolm Mitchell, and Roberts were terrific picks. I liked Vincent Valentine a lot, but I liked him as a 6th round pick; they took him in the 3rd

Cyrus Jones, Malcolm Mitchell, and Roberts were terrific picks. I liked Vincent Valentine a lot, but I liked him as a 6th round pick; they took him in the 3rd

when I saw them take both Mitchell and Roberts I thought that if somehow they took Doughty too there was no doubt they had a spy following your scouting on TBD. Edited by YoloinOhio

when I saw them take both Mitchell and Roberts I thought that if somehow they took Doughty too there was no doubt they had a spy following your scouting on TBD.

:lol:

You gonna get in on this or what?

We need more opinions than mine.

Here's mine:

Here is the problem I have with this...the ONLY pick you can do this for is the first pick. The Draft would have been completely different once we changed our first round pick. Someone else takes Shaq, meaning who ever they took went somewhere else, and so on and so on. Not to mention, the guy you have us taking in the first was acquired through a trade up by Jax in the 2nd which also further tweaks the draft.

So, being on record for this already means so little, but its even more worthless beyond the first round because none of it would have even been possible had we taken Jack in the first.

Here is the problem I have with this...the ONLY pick you can do this for is the first pick. The Draft would have been completely different once we changed our first round pick. Someone else takes Shaq, meaning who ever they took went somewhere else, and so on and so on. Not to mention, the guy you have us taking in the first was acquired through a trade up by Jax in the 2nd which also further tweaks the draft.

So, being on record for this already means so little, but its even more worthless beyond the first round because none of it would have even been possible had we taken Jack in the first.

Obviously things would be slightly different, but I think you're missing the point. The point is to give people a chance to voice their opinions regarding who we passed on; if you don't have one, that's fine. I'll assume we won't hear from you regarding who the team should or shouldn't have picked in the future.

Rd1 (19) - Shaq Lawson, DE, Clemson (Unchanged)

Rd2 (41) - Reggie Ragland, ILB, Alabama (Unchanged)

Rd3 (80) - Braxton Miller, WR, OSU/Pharoh Cooper, WR, South Carolina - If pushed I'd take Braxton here, but I could make an argument for either.

Rd4 (139) - Cardale Jones, QB, OSU (Unchanged)

Rd5 (156) - D.J. Reader, NT, Clemson

Rd6 (192) - Kyle Murphy, OT, Stanford

Rd6 (218) - Jalen Mills, S, LSU

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

OK....but we did not pick with our original pick we had to trade up in front of Baltimore.....

Does that matter?

OK....but we did not pick with our original pick we had to trade up in front of Baltimore.....

Does that matter?

See below:

Here's mine:

Can't say that I would have done anything much differently. I liked each pick and thought it made good sense based on position in the draft and talent level as well as need. I am very happy with this draft. Some of the UDFA look pretty interesting as well.

41 - Su'a Cravens - LB/USC

80 - Braxton Miller- WR/Ohio State

139 - Cardale Jones - QB/OSU no change

156 - DJ Reader - DT/Clemson

192 - Kyle Murphy - OT/Stanford

218 - Kevin Seymour - CB/USC no change

That took longer than I thought.

Edited by FireChan

So let me caveat this by saying that I don't know what Jack's medical report said, but I am presuming by all 32 passing on him that it was serious enough to create some genuine doubt about his long term future. If you feel good about Jack he is the pick, no question. So on that basis:

#19 - Shaq Lawson - Edge/Clemson (no change);

#41 - Reggie Ragland - LB/Alabama (no change);

#80 - Connor Cook - QB/Michigan State;

#139 - Kyle Murphy - OT/Stanford;

#156 - DJ Reader - DT/Clemson;

#192 - Jeremy Cash - S/Duke;

#218 - Robby Anderson - WR/Temple;

Lynch at 19. I don't care about the rest.

2016 QB rotation and beyond

1. Taylor

2. Dumb

3. Dumber

Whaley makes me want to puke and eat it !

17, 18, 19, 20 and counting.

Can't wait to re-visit this thread down the road a ways.

On a side note Bandit; Great thread idea.

Many kudos.

Lou

19- Shaq Lawson

41- Mackensie Alexander

80- Josh Perry

139- Cardale Jones

156- KJ Dillon

192 - Rico Gathers

218- Kenny Lawler

Everything is self explanatory besides Gathers and Cardale, with both picks I'd be prospecting for Gold at that right price. Lawler just for his size and mitts, possible viable RZ target. Dillon offers a ton of value and would fit with a team lacking true cover guys down the middle.