UFA Center Fernando Velasco Visited & Signed with Bills

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@AaronWilson_NFL 57m57 minutes ago

Fernando Velasco Bills deal; $965,000, $885,000 salary, $80,000 signing bonus, $453,000 preseason split

nice

Thank Jim Monos and his Pro Personnel scouting staff.

in the other thread i mentioned that Whaley has done a fine job of shaping his staff. I find that to be his finest asset, the team in the scouting dept

Upgrade over Urbik for a reduced price. What's not to like?

urbik was serviceable. For several years. maybe watch him play some games first

before calling him an upgrade. there is a reason he was snagged on the cheap.

But, he may be a decent 2nd stringer. usually better to wait with the upgrade tag until the guy plays.

A one year deal has me thinking the Bills with salary constraints aside feel the same way.

urbik was serviceable. For several years. maybe watch him play some games first

before calling him an upgrade. there is a reason he was snagged on the cheap.

But, he may be a decent 2nd stringer. usually better to wait with the upgrade tag until the guy plays.

A one year deal has me thinking the Bills with salary constraints aside feel the same way.

Uh.....I liked Urbik to but we found him on the scrap heap.....so lets not act like that didnt happen

This new OG is a legit center who can play guard....because of that he is much more versitile then Craig was.....

Oh and I have watched him play....played well for his previous teams to.....

I was just impressed with the interview - he sounds fired up. Murph asked him if he was going to go back to Charlotte when they have the ceremony for the NFC champ rings and he was so ready to just move on and play for the bills, just seemed very committed to the team and talked about how he always prepares as a starter, etc. and how excited he was. just seemed so genuinely pumped about football and about the Bills. He also knows Cordy from UGA and said he talked to him before he signed and said how much Cordy talked up the OL and the coaching staff, and he met with Kromer and immediately felt it was a great opportunity.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I was just impressed with the interview - he sounds fired up. Murph asked him if he was going to go back to Charlotte when they have the ceremony for the NFC champ rings and he was so ready to just move on and play for the bills, just seemed very committed to the team and talked about how he always prepares as a starter, etc. and how excited he was. just seemed so genuinely pumped about football and about the Bills. He also knows Cordy from UGA and said he talked to him before he signed and said how much Cordy talked up the OL and the coaching staff, and he met with Kromer and immediately felt it was a great opportunity.

thanks for the info Yolo !