Preston Brown: "I Need to Take Charge in 2016"

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

“Last year, I was trying to stay away from confrontation a little bit with some of the older guys,” said Brown, who finished with 120 tackles, two interceptions and one forced fumble last year. “But we’re all grown men and we can deal with it. So I need to take charge. If people get their feelings hurt — and we’re winning games — I’d rather win games with people running around with their feelings hurt.

Let's focus all our attention on this quote. Shall we?

“Last year, I was trying to stay away from confrontation a little bit with some of the older guys,” said Brown, who finished with 120 tackles, two interceptions and one forced fumble last year. “But we’re all grown men and we can deal with it. So I need to take charge. If people get their feelings hurt — and we’re winning games — I’d rather win games with people running around with their feelings hurt.

Sounds like a reference to MW94...am I right?

Why?

I bet its not Manny.....who excelled at running this defense

I am going to say Mario and Leodis

Doesn't seem like it would be Leodis since he was eager to play in any capacity as a CB/S and also expressed a willingness to accept a pay cut to stay in Buffalo.

Doesn't seem like it would be Leodis since he was eager to play in any capacity as a CB/S and also expressed a willingness to accept a pay cut to stay in Buffalo.

Also seems unlikely to be KW since:

1. It's KW
  2. He was out for 10.5 games

That leaves Graham. Which wouldn't surprise me.

He just seemed to be out of position so much when he came back.....but you do have a point.

It could very well have been just Mario.....maybe even Bradham

Also seems unlikely to be KW since:

1. It's KW
  2. He was out for 10.5 games

That leaves Graham. Which wouldn't surprise me.

The reason why I dont think it was Graham is he has played in this Rex defense in the past in Baltimore?

That seems to be the obvious choice. A slight implication, though, that there were others. Who are the "older" guys?

Mario

KW

Graham

Leodis

Manny

Am I missing any?

one of those names is not like the others. There is only one answer from simple observation. Edited by YoloinOhio

He just seemed to be out of position so much when he came back.....but you do have a point.

It could very well have been just Mario.....maybe even Bradham

The reason why I dont think it was Graham is he has played in this Rex defense in the past in Baltimore?

He didn't play in a "Rex" defense in Baltimore. He was there in 2011/12.

It says a lot... It speaks to a lack of leadership ..

This does give some confirmation to me of what I suspected all along

The problem on this defense is not talent...it is one of the most talented defenses in the league

It was communication and chemistry.

Now....Rex has to take a lot of the blame for that.....but it is also something that can be fixed by tweaking....not overhauling