Ongoing MMA Thread

Weak. Very disappointed in the UFC. S***ing all over the title by letting McGregor get away with not having to defend his belt yet again. Hasn't had to defend his belt once and gets to chase other belts and "superfights" against a guy who's never been as good as the challenger he's ducking.

Weak. Very disappointed in the UFC. S***ing all over the title by letting McGregor get away with not having to defend his belt yet again. Hasn't had to defend his belt once and gets to chase other belts and "superfights" against a guy who's never been as good as the challenger he's ducking.

They have an interim title on the line at the same event that the champ is fighting in a division that's not his own. A champ that has been healthy and not defended his belt once. WTF? I remember McGregor and Dana claiming that Connor fighting in other weight classes wouldn't be an issue because he would be very active yet without a single defense here we are with an interim title.

And now they have Edgar fighting Aldo, which is a terrible matchup for Edgar. They've pretty much thrown everything they can in front of Edgar in an attempt to try and have Connor avoid him. I've never seen anybody have to clean out the division to get to the champ before.

One of the things that got me into MMA was that, unlike boxing, they had the top guys fighting each other all the time and fighters weren't ducking fights or giving up titles because they didn't want to defend against certain fighters. Yet here we are. :cry:

They have an interim title on the line at the same event that the champ is fighting in a division that's not his own. A champ that has been healthy and not defended his belt once. WTF? I remember McGregor and Dana claiming that Connor fighting in other weight classes wouldn't be an issue because he would be very active yet without a single defense here we are with an interim title.

And now they have Edgar fighting Aldo, which is a terrible matchup for Edgar. They've pretty much thrown everything they can in front of Edgar in an attempt to try and have Connor avoid him. I've never seen anybody have to clean out the division to get to the champ before.

One of the things that got me into MMA was that, unlike boxing, they had the top guys fighting each other all the time and fighters weren't ducking fights or giving up titles because they didn't want to defend against certain fighters. Yet here we are. :cry:

:censored: I can't believe they are doing an interim title for a healthy fighter. What a crock of s***! I think you're right. I honestly believe that this is all about ducking Frankie. They are praying that Aldo beats Frankie (like you said, a worse matchup for Frankie) so that McGregor doesn't have to take a bad matchup. Pathetic.

:censored: I can't believe they are doing an interim title for a healthy fighter. What a crock of s***! I think you're right. I honestly believe that this is all about ducking Frankie. They are praying that Aldo beats Frankie (like you said, a worse matchup for Frankie) so that McGregor doesn't have to take a bad matchup. Pathetic.

yeah that is crap, they should have made Mac defend his title before he did anything. Also if he is smart he gets serious about submission defense and gaining 10 Lbs of muscle before he moves up again.

Guess we don't have to worry about Jon "bonehead" Jones being scratched from the fight, but unfortunately Cormier is injured and OSP is tacking his place. I don't think he will be much of a challenge for Jones unless he has been slacking in training during his suspension.

"One of the most anticipated rematches in the history of the Ultimate Fighting Championship was put on hold Friday when defending light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier pulled out of UFC 197 due to a leg injury. His heated showdown with former champ Jon Jones temporarily shelved, the Las Vegas-based MMA giant has been scrambling to keep the event afloat.

On an afternoon edition of ESPN staple program "SportsCenter," UFC President Dana White announced that Ovince St. Preux will step in for the injured Cormier and take on "Bones."
Read more at http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Jon-Jones-to-Face-Ovince-St-Preux-at-UFC-197-102769#G15WH1Gu5B6IHrH6.99

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm.

@TheNotoriousMMA

I have decided to retire young. Thanks for the cheese. Catch ya's later.

not buying it, he will be back once those fat checks are gone.

For all the trash he talks this is a B!tch move.

She's super hot but this photo is either old or photo shopped because she's inked all down her right side.

probably old bc it's definitely her, definitely can see her in SI swimsuit issue

This is crazy. I've read that Conor wanted more money and the UFC said no.

him and Dana are buds but Dana doesn't mess around when it comes to business. Connor will find himself broke before long, with his lifestyle he will need cash soon.

Obviously cares more about fame than fighting and lost a LOT of respect for him with this move.

not buying it, he will be back once those fat checks are gone.

For all the trash he talks this is a B!tch move.

probably old bc it's definitely her, definitely can see her in SI swimsuit issue

him and Dana are buds but Dana doesn't mess around when it comes to business. Connor will find himself broke before long, with his lifestyle he will need cash soon.

Obviously cares more about fame than fighting and lost a LOT of respect for him with this move.

I dont blame any fighter wanting to be paid more than the pittance the UFC doles out each event. McGreggor was just at an event in Ireland where a fighter died. That had to be eye opening. If you are literally risking your life stepping in the cage you'd better get paid your fair worth. He sells events all by himself and while hes paid handsomely in comparison to the crap other fighters get, its still not in line with how much the UFC pockets from ppv and gate sales at events he headlines. He gets their brand on Sportscenter and talked about on radio. Those are future dollars he's earning them. I'll never look down on someone for challenging how much their employer says they are worth, even if I dont like the guy. Im guessing they settle this beef with a pay hike but not the reported 10M Connor was wanting.

Hell, I wouldnt put it past the UFC and McGreggor if this was all just a show to get their brand talked about. Free pub and when the fight is put back on it'll they'll newsjack sportsmedia again.

I dont blame any fighter wanting to be paid more than the pittance the UFC doles out each event. McGreggor was just at an event in Ireland where a fighter died. That had to be eye opening. If you are literally risking your life stepping in the cage you'd better get paid your fair worth. He sells events all by himself and while hes paid handsomely in comparison to the crap other fighters get, its still not in line with how much the UFC pockets from ppv and gate sales at events he headlines. He gets their brand on Sportscenter and talked about on radio. Those are future dollars he's earning them. I'll never look down on someone for challenging how much their employer says they are worth, even if I dont like the guy. Im guessing they settle this beef with a pay hike but not the reported 10M Connor was wanting.

Hell, I wouldnt put it past the UFC and McGreggor if this was all just a show to get their brand talked about. Free pub and when the fight is put back on it'll they'll newsjack sportsmedia again.

that would be sneaky but Dana is a straitfrorward kind of guy so I don't think so.

I think the fighters need to get paid more but it can't be all ay once. UFC and MMA is still young and doesn't have the big money that dying boxing does but they will get there. A lot of the smaller orgs tried to pay there fighters big bucks but it put them under, the UFC is the big dog now but they aren't loaded yet it will take time. I will give the UFC credit for increasing fighters pay significantly over the yrs because the fighters made squat a few yrs ago.

Connor just needs to quit being a b!tch and get in the cage. as far as I know this is only the second fighter which has died in MMA which pails in comparison to other sports.

Conor McGregor ‏@TheNotoriousMMA:

Ok no more games. I am going to release a statement shortly.

McGregor states that he's not retired while making excuses for why he lost his last fight. Luckily, he won't have to deal with the extra media obligations coming from being a champion if/when he finally tries to defend his belt for the first time and loses.

https://m.facebook.com/thenotoriousmma/posts/1260441947357435

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall