NHL UPDATE THREAD

sven233

Hey everyone. I just thought that with these semi-developments in the CBA, we needed a place to go to post them. Believe me, I am as sick and tired as everyone that this thing will just not roll over and die, but we all know this could be historic (and laughable). Ha....too late for that.

I just hope that we don't have to post a whole lot here. I really just wish they wouldn't say anything unless it would just be to announce the start date of the season.

But, with that said, they are not just going to call a Press Conferance without there being news. So please, report only true news and reports with the correct source so that the people who want to follow this maybe-kindof-sorta-news can get only legitamate information.

Thanks!

Hey everyone.  I just thought that with these semi-developments in the CBA, we needed a place to go to post them.  Believe me, I am as sick and tired as everyone that this thing will just not roll over and die, but we all know this could be historic (and laughable).  Ha....too late for that.

I just hope that we don't have to post a whole lot here.  I really just wish they wouldn't say anything unless it would just be to announce the start date of the season. 

But, with that said, they are not just going to call a Press Conferance without there being news.  So please, report only true news and reports with the correct source so that the people who want to follow this maybe-kindof-sorta-news can get only legitamate information. 

Thanks!

245294[/snapback]

So, you started a thread... labeled it "NHL UPDATE THREAD, Real news updates" and didn't give us any Update or real news...

got it.

From Detroit radio WDFN ....Kevin Allen (USA Today hockey writer)

USA Today hockey guy says there are talks.

Says three of the the 7 union members on the executive committe are ready to go to owners with a new offer.

The guy on the fence is Ottawa Senator Daniel Alfredsson. No one is sure where he stands. Lots of pressure on him. If he agrees, Goodenow and the union will present an offer to Bettman.

Allen isn't sure exactly what the deal is.

Believes it will have to be down to atleast $45M with a dollar for dollar luxury tax at a lower threshold.

Allen says he's not sure if the owners will accept it. Some want it for sure, he says. But others may be intent on busting the union and getting a $35 million cap next season.

Here is an NHL Update:

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

Everyone involved in that league!!!

So please, report only true news and reports with the correct source so that the people who want to follow this maybe-kindof-sorta-news can get only legitamate information. 

Thanks!

245294[/snapback]

Well that statement worked out well for you. :o

I would suggest that you NEVER put this sentance into anything you post in the future. It is like an open invitation to crash the party.

I don't know how believable this is, but this guy thinks that, if the season isn't saved, the Sabres, Senators, Panthers, Thrashers and Blue Jackers will all be contracted before next season (even if the league uses scabs next year) :rolleyes:

Say it aint so :doh:

EDIT: I guess technically this thread is supposed to only be for "real" news, not speculation. Sorry.

CW

From Detroit radio WDFN ....Kevin Allen (USA Today hockey writer)

USA Today hockey guy says there are talks.

Says three of the the 7 union members on the executive committe are ready to go to owners with a new offer.

The guy on the fence is Ottawa Senator Daniel Alfredsson. No one is sure where he stands. Lots of pressure on him. If he agrees, Goodenow and the union will present an offer to Bettman.

Allen isn't sure exactly what the deal is.

Believes it will have to be down to atleast $45M with a dollar for dollar luxury tax at a lower threshold.

Allen says he's not sure if the owners will accept it. Some want it for sure, he says. But others may be intent on busting the union and getting a $35 million cap next season.

245328[/snapback]

Goodenow has perhaps caught enough flak that he is fearing for his job. He should be. So perhaps anything is possible.