oline 5 starters returning.

Yes, because bad offensive lines typically result in league-leading rushing stats.

Bad teams often go 8-8 and 4-2 in the division.

Sometimes I wonder about my fellow fans...

8-8 is good? Well gets the bands and floats ready and let's have a parade!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go ahead and show me where I said that 8-8 was good.

i said that it wasn't bad...and by literal definition, being average (which is exactly what 8-8 is), is not bad.

Good thing you at least found a way to be snarky about it though.

With the exception of Harvin, the starting O is intact.

Good point as well

All I was getting at was this team hasn't had a stable situation on the online and I guess offense in a long time

we have 3 RT returning but who knows who starts but they all know the offense and scheme

The first step of a team in winning is winning their division (way to neglect to mention that) the bills went 4-2 in their division

They did that.....decimated by injuries much of the season.....with a defense that went from top 5 into the teens.....with new coaches....and had they won just 2 more games would have been in line for a playoff spot.

So 8 and 8 is very very average......but it is a hell of a lot closer then what the jags are doing

The first step of a team in winning is winning their division (way to neglect to mention that) the bills went 4-2 in their division

They did that.....decimated by injuries much of the season.....with a defense that went from top 5 into the teens.....with new coaches....and had they won just 2 more games would have been in line for a playoff spot.

So 8 and 8 is very very average......but it is a hell of a lot closer then what the jags are doing

It's really hard to win in the NFL.

Good point as well

All I was getting at was this team hasn't had a stable situation on the online and I guess offense in a long time

we have 3 RT returning but who knows who starts but they all know the offense and scheme

Agreed. I was adding fuel to your optimism!

We didn't win our division.

I'd like to point out just how typical this post is. The neverending negative sentiment toward the Bills' offensive line on TBD. We have a top 5-10 left tackle in football locked up. We just re-signed maybe the best left guard in all of football. We have a center under contract who looked like himself again after Marrone left and made the Pro Bowl, albeit as an alternate, last year. We have a right guard entering his second season who was fairly highly touted coming out of college, was excellent against the run as a rookie, needs to improve against the pass, but again is only 23. We have some question marks at right tackle, no doubt. Although Mills played fairly well the last few games, hence why we re-signed him. And Henderson was pretty decent for a rookie and should return to full health this season. And of course, they can always draft a RT. The Bills running game was #1 overall last season. They were one of the better lines in the NFL- certainly one of the very best left sides of any team. But of course, these are the type of comments people constantly throw around. Believe me when I tell you that the Bills' offensive line is at the very bottom of their concerns as a football team.

You typed all that stuff yet this was the first time I actually mentioned it. GJ.

I'd like to point out just how typical this post is. The neverending negative sentiment toward the Bills' offensive line on TBD. We have a top 5-10 left tackle in football locked up. We just re-signed maybe the best left guard in all of football. We have a center under contract who looked like himself again after Marrone left and made the Pro Bowl, albeit as an alternate, last year. We have a right guard entering his second season who was fairly highly touted coming out of college, was excellent against the run as a rookie, needs to improve against the pass, but again is only 23. We have some question marks at right tackle, no doubt. Although Mills played fairly well the last few games, hence why we re-signed him. And Henderson was pretty decent for a rookie and should return to full health this season. And of course, they can always draft a RT. The Bills running game was #1 overall last season. They were one of the better lines in the NFL- certainly one of the very best left sides of any team. But of course, these are the type of comments people constantly throw around. Believe me when I tell you that the Bills' offensive line is at the very bottom of their concerns as a football team.

Well written Metz. I'm not piling onto the other post as maybe he sees something I don't but put the line in perspective, and it is a solid unit. I swear every fan of every team at least my friends or colleagues always universally hate their line. No one is ever happy except maybe Cowboys fans.

No....but we did go 4 and 2 in our division. Which is a start.

2 more wins gets us in the conversation

Injuries

year number 2 with tyrod

a year to retool our D into something that works for Rex Ryan

If Tyrod played every game the Bills would have been in the running for the WC.

No....but we did go 4 and 2 in our division. Which is a start.

2 more wins gets us in the conversation

Injuries

year number 2 with tyrod

a year to retool our D into something that works for Rex Ryan

Going from 8 to 10 wins is a big step. It's not like improving from 6 to 8 wins.

(EDIT: Defensively) Rex is going to be working with less in terms of personnel next season. The "great" Aaron Williams may return, Kyle Williams is another year older, they need to find another starting DE, and they're thin at ILB and OLB. It appears guys like 10 year vet Manny Lawson will log serious minutes and the CB depth is minimal. I don't understand how this translates into a very good, as in top 10, defense.

It's not an automatic Buffalo improves. They could just as well regress or, more likely, remain an 8-9 win team.

Edited by BillsVet

We will draft a RT somewhere in the first 4 rounds of the draft this year who will end up being our starter.

I'm hoping it's in the first three rounds as they really need an upgrade there.

I'm also hoping that Jahri Evans was brought in for something other then motivating Cogs. It would be great to have a solid 5 players on that line for Roman to run a complete offense.

With the exception of Harvin, the starting O is intact.

I was just thinking the same as I read this thread. Hopefully, we use the draft on offense to improve vs. replace. The problem is we'll probably need 5 of those 7 slots on defense constructing Rex's defense. It better work.