oline 5 starters returning.

When was the last time we could say this as a team? This was the big reason I wanted incognito to stay. Seems like every year we are losing one piece of the puzzle on our oline.

I know our RT spot is somewhat in question but either mills/Henderson/kujo all saw action and are returning

We might also draft a RT but that is different then losing/signing new FA

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So three of the worst RTs in the league last year are returning? Awesome!

I'd like to point out just how typical this post is. The neverending negative sentiment toward the Bills' offensive line on TBD. We have a top 5-10 left tackle in football locked up. We just re-signed maybe the best left guard in all of football. We have a center under contract who looked like himself again after Marrone left and made the Pro Bowl, albeit as an alternate, last year. We have a right guard entering his second season who was fairly highly touted coming out of college, was excellent against the run as a rookie, needs to improve against the pass, but again is only 23. We have some question marks at right tackle, no doubt. Although Mills played fairly well the last few games, hence why we re-signed him. And Henderson was pretty decent for a rookie and should return to full health this season. And of course, they can always draft a RT. The Bills running game was #1 overall last season. They were one of the better lines in the NFL- certainly one of the very best left sides of any team. But of course, these are the type of comments people constantly throw around. Believe me when I tell you that the Bills' offensive line is at the very bottom of their concerns as a football team.

Well 3 of them are starters. 2 start but that's only because we are a bad team

What does this even mean? The Bills have a good offensive line. Do you think every other team in football has five awesome offensive linemen and their QB can just hang out back there for like ten seconds before finding an open receiver? Yes, we have one question mark on the OL. The Broncos just won the Super Bowl. Presumably you would characterize them as a "good team." Their offensive line is in utter shambles and they may literally have five new starters next season. Sorry, the Bills' offensive line is good, deal with it.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Yes, because bad offensive lines typically result in league-leading rushing stats.

Bad teams often go 8-8 and 4-2 in the division.

Sometimes I wonder about my fellow fans...

I'd like to point out just how typical this post is. The neverending negative sentiment toward the Bills' offensive line on TBD. We have a top 5-10 left tackle in football locked up. We just re-signed maybe the best left guard in all of football. We have a center under contract who looked like himself again after Marrone left and made the Pro Bowl, albeit as an alternate, last year. We have a right guard entering his second season who was fairly highly touted coming out of college, was excellent against the run as a rookie, needs to improve against the pass, but again is only 23. We have some question marks at right tackle, no doubt. Although Mills played fairly well the last few games, hence why we re-signed him. And Henderson was pretty decent for a rookie and should return to full health this season. And of course, they can always draft a RT. The Bills running game was #1 overall last season. They were one of the better lines in the NFL- certainly one of the very best left sides of any team. But of course, these are the type of comments people constantly throw around. Believe me when I tell you that the Bills' offensive line is at the very bottom of their concerns as a football team.

I wouldn't call anything Miller did last season "excellent."

I agree on the whole. We have a below average RT and RG and every other position is good. That's about all you can hope for in today's NFL barring luck like Dallas.

I wouldn't call anything Miller did last season "excellent."

I agree on the whole. We have a below average RT and RG and every other position is good. That's about all you can hope for in today's NFL barring luck like Dallas.

The jump from 1st to 2nd year for OL is often large.

Miller might actually end up being a solid player for us

that led the league in rushing last year

The jump from 1st to 2nd year for OL is often large.

Miller might actually end up being a solid player for us

that led the league in rushing last year

I didn't mean to imply that he couldn't improve, only that I didn't consider any aspect of his play excellent last season.

Hopefully he improves, especially in pass blocking, but sometimes players are what they are. Even our very own bandit opined that Miller has a low ceiling. Seantrel's improvement for instance has not been something to write home about.

The names all return but the starting RT is not on this team right now.

Incognito was playing for his life. I don't see a reason for a dropoff but now that he got paid who knows.

Miller looked ok most of the year but to be fair he is still a question mark. At this point he is the starter unless they draft a C/G high which I don't see them doing with the way Wood played. They will add a C/G in FA or late in the draft for a back-up role.

I didn't mean to imply that he couldn't improve, only that I didn't consider any aspect of his play excellent last season.

Hopefully he improves, especially in pass blocking, but sometimes players are what they are. Even our very own bandit opined that Miller has a low ceiling. Seantrel's improvement for instance has not been something to write home about.

Look I didn't break down his game film. You may be right. I usually follow the ball once it's snapped. From what I read he was much better against the run than the pass. All I know is the Bills' offensive line got great push in the run game and their pass protection was at least adequate by 2015 NFL standards. I think we actually agree here. And as another poster pointed out, they can and probably will address RT in the draft.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Look I didn't break down his game film. You may be right. I usually follow the ball once it's snapped. From what I read he was much better against the run than the pass. All I know is the Bills' offensive line got great push in the run game and their pass protection was at least adequate by 2015 NFL standards. I think we actually agree here. And as another poster pointed out, they can and probably will address RT in the draft.

Didn't Miller suffer a foot injury? He missed a few games. But, yeah, what do feet have to do with good blocking technique?.... He sucks. Next up. <sarcasm off>

I understand where you are coming from

Extenuating circumstances on both players though.....Seantrel has a sickness and who knows how long it has been affecting him.....Miller had the high ankle for much of the season.

For someone with Miller's size and run-blocking skill, it doesn't make sense to say he has a low ceiling. He does have a long way to go with hand technique and I'm not sure how smart he is (low wonderlic), so who knows if he'll ever reach his potential.