Nancy Reagan is dead

JUST IN: The Washington Post quietly edits unflattering Nancy Reagan obituary http://washex.am/1pbfO4d

Wow. Extravagant spending? I wonder if the WaPo ever commented on Hillary ripping stuff(over 200k worth if I remember correctly) off from the White House when they were done raping the country.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stay on topic.

You claimed that in the 1980's the CIA was executing the policy of the Reagan Administration by supplying black American communities with crack cocaine, with the intention that it would, inter-generationally, disenfranchise black voters.

This is not an appropriate place to introduce whatever CIA historical tidbits you might wish to share.

Again:

- The CIAs purpose in the crack cocaine trade was funding the Contras

- The CIA used cocaine because it was a resource they had in great abundance, and had a continued supply

- The CIAs participation in the cocaine trade was so diminishingly small that it was nearly non-existent

- The CIA did not create the cocaine market

- The CIA did not create the crack cocaine market

Given this, if the CIAs intention was to disenfranchise black voters, they did a horrendous job, because the supply they did introduce to market was so minimal in the grand scheme of things that it had no ability to influence macro-behaviors.

When you frame the above in the proper context of a time period when the CIA was busy inventing AIDS to destabilize and depopulate minority communities and working on flu-shot mind control in addition to their day to day responsibilities of playing grab ass with the KGB, its just not feasible that they had time to also sling rock on the scale that Tgreg describes.

When you frame the above in the proper context of a time period when the CIA was busy inventing AIDS to destabilize and depopulate minority communities and working on flu-shot mind control in addition to their day to day responsibilities of playing grab ass with the KGB, its just not feasible that they had time to also sling rock on the scale that Tgreg describes.

:lol: This is true.

Yep, the president ordered it. Heard it this morning.

And rightly so!

I am in the email klatch w/few others, so somebody is around to take the Corps flag off (below Old Glory) & lower it to half staff.

I always getting emails, even when Gov. Rauhner orders it for Illinois...

There are distinct rules for different offices/people/ex-Prez/ex-First Spouse (oops... A slip there... He He)...I know when a sitting US Supreme Court justice passes on... It is half-staff to sunset of day of interment... As w/Antonin Scalia. I have the universal protocol printed on the board @ work.

Wow. Extravagant spending? I wonder if the WaPo ever commented on Hillary ripping stuff(over 200k worth if I remember correctly) off from the White House when they were done raping the country.

Well... Monkey see monkey do... The precedent gets started somewhere... Like all the "borrowed" clothes Nancy would get.

Just a different era... An era that Dan Rosty got nailed to the cross for. Nancy happened to skate through just before rhe culture change.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Ripping stuff off? But it's her stuff. It's HER house!

That other people have ben living in it for the past 16 years is just a measure of her genorosity.

First off, I do apologize for derailing the thread. That wasn't my intention, though nothing about what I wrote was meant to disparage Nancy. I do think it's important to have an honest conversation about her signature policy and the impact it actually had on this country and have been trying to do so with as much respect as possible (and I'm in no way implying Nancy was involved directly in what we've been discussing).

But hell, this is PPP. We're supposed to talk about the tough issues here, are we not?

If it's that important to you maybe you should start a new thread about it.

Like I said about the culture and ethics of gift giving in Washington changed big time during that era. Nancy was criticized for the clothes and other things she "borrowed" from her Hollywood designers, friends, etc... All the expensive gifts wouldn't float not being claimed today under the modern ethics rules. The gift giving definitely peddled influence. It was the way DC did business up until the last 20 years or so.

I guess she was one of the reasons for that change, afterall it was the big 80's! We got what we got because of too much abuse.

The aspect I liked about NR was her insistance the RR be remembered as ​pragmatic conservative. RR said it was better to have half a loaf rather than none and James Baker and Tip O'Neil negotiated quite a bit of legislation. RR was a compromiser and worked across the aisle. NR did not like her husband being remembered as a conservative demagogue - because he wasn't.

The aspect I liked about NR was her insistance the RR be remembered as ​pragmatic conservative. RR said it was better to have half a loaf rather than none and James Baker and Tip O'Neil negotiated quite a bit of legislation. RR was a compromiser and worked across the aisle. NR did not like her husband being remembered as a conservative demagogue - because he wasn't.

I remember when this Compromiser in Chief famously said "Mr. Gorbachev, tear down half of this wall".

But I am right and so was the person you responded to. Also, I am not little at all. I'm a big strong man B-)

I have a hard time picturing you as a big strong man. Your posts seem to indicate that you are an ineffectual, weak kneed little kitty who clamors for attention because your mom rarely allows you out of the basement.