Nancy Reagan is dead

This is absurd.

The truth is that America's intelligence agencies operate with far too much autonomy, and use this lack of true oversight and accountability to conduct business towards their own ends. Examine Charlie Wilson, for example.

As I mentioned earlier, and you ignored, the CIA's agenda was concerned only with funding the Contras. They did so by utilizing an asset which they held, and was continually resupplied through seizure. They took advantage of an existing market, and their share of the market was so diminishingly small that it was almost non-existent given the scope up crack cocaine use in the 1980's.

CIA's involvement with narcotic trafficking was not limited to the Contras. Look at their long involvement with the heroin trades in both south east Asia and Afghanistan. The Contras aren't even the only South American faction CIA has dealt with when it comes to narcotics -- it's just the one where there's the most witness and documented evidence of their involvement because of the ensuing scandal.

There's no arguing the intelligence services have autonomy, but they also execute policy. Sometimes officially, most times not.

First off, I do apologize for derailing the thread. That wasn't my intention, though nothing about what I wrote was meant to disparage Nancy. I do think it's important to have an honest conversation about her signature policy and the impact it actually had on this country and have been trying to do so with as much respect as possible (and I'm in no way implying Nancy was involved directly in what we've been discussing).

But hell, this is PPP. We're supposed to talk about the tough issues here, are we not?

I was trying to add to this before I responded to Tasker's post to say that I'll bow out of the discussion if it's annoying folks. That's not my intention.

:beer:

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She mentions it!?!?

Here you go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BQGMzmzcd0

that's not at the flag draped coffin thing. And she was reacting to protests over the video. What's wrong with that?

You know **** well that's exactly what she did. If you want to see it, go look it up for yourself. I have no problem pointing out how dim-witted you are, and I have no need to prove it.

Wow! Just asking, no need to show your deep frustration at not being able to back up your political talking points. Now I'm thinking you have no clue at all

that's not at the flag draped coffin thing. And she was reacting to protests over the video. What's wrong with that?

She blames the violence in Benghazi on the video. I assume you didn't watch it or listen to what she said.

Wow! Just asking, no need to show your deep frustration at not being able to back up your political talking points. Now I'm thinking you have no clue at all

Tom is being charitable when he calls you an idiot. Watch and learn:

I am listening and nothing about Benghazi yet. But not the point, Azelia said it was at the funeral

I never said it was at the funeral.

And if 'azalea' is the best you can do, can you at least try to spell it?

Tom is being charitable when he calls you an idiot. Watch and learn:

That's what you are whining about? Jesus Christ get a life. If that's all you got you are basically admitting you are pathetic low brow partisan

I never said it was at the funeral.

And if 'azalea' is the best you can do, can you at least try to spell it?

And stop being so sensitive :lol:

Oh it's there. And you really can't follow along can you. I was the one that brought up the lie first not Azalin.

Great, you are taking credit for stupidness then

I am listening and nothing about Benghazi yet. But not the point, Azelia said it was at the funeral

"It is especially wrong to have violence directed at diplomatic missions." So you didn't even make it to the 2:30 mark before you had to chime in here.

CIA's involvement with narcotic trafficking was not limited to the Contras. Look at their long involvement with the heroin trades in both south east Asia and Afghanistan. The Contras aren't even the only South American faction CIA has dealt with when it comes to narcotics -- it's just the one where there's the most witness and documented evidence of their involvement because of the ensuing scandal.

There's no arguing the intelligence services have autonomy, but they also execute policy. Sometimes officially, most times not.

Stay on topic.

You claimed that in the 1980's the CIA was executing the policy of the Reagan Administration by supplying black American communities with crack cocaine, with the intention that it would, inter-generationally, disenfranchise black voters.

This is not an appropriate place to introduce whatever CIA historical tidbits you might wish to share.

Again:

- The CIAs purpose in the crack cocaine trade was funding the Contras

- The CIA used cocaine because it was a resource they had in great abundance, and had a continued supply

- The CIAs participation in the cocaine trade was so diminishingly small that it was nearly non-existent

- The CIA did not create the cocaine market

- The CIA did not create the crack cocaine market

Given this, if the CIAs intention was to disenfranchise black voters, they did a horrendous job, because the supply they did introduce to market was so minimal in the grand scheme of things that it had no ability to influence macro-behaviors.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

"It is especially wrong to have violence directed at diplomatic missions." So you didn't even make it to the 2:30 mark before you had to chime in here.

The horror! This women must be stopped!!! :lol:

You are killing me!

You know the country if !@#$ed when a thread on the death of a First Lady devolves into this. :cry:

I'm sorry I participated.

The horror! This women must be stopped!!! :lol:

You are killing me!

Take it someplace else. This is not the thread for this.

First off, I do apologize for derailing the thread. That wasn't my intention, though nothing about what I wrote was meant to disparage Nancy. I do think it's important to have an honest conversation about her signature policy and the impact it actually had on this country and have been trying to do so with as much respect as possible (and I'm in no way implying Nancy was involved directly in what we've been discussing).

But hell, this is PPP. We're supposed to talk about the tough issues here, are we not?

Nancy was just "marketing arm" of that "War on Drugs."

It was really Tricky Dick's "war."

Figures... The one's most addicted. Look @ the agenda Dubya pushed...

Flags lowered to half-staff in honor of 1st Lady Nancy Reagan

Flags over the U.S. Capitol flown at half-staff in honor of former first lady Nancy Reagan. http://abcn.ws/24M2x27

WATCH: White House flag lowered to half-staff in honor of Nancy Reagan http://abcn.ws/1TXZSP4

We were in the Virgin Islands when President Reagan died. There was a Coast Guard building or something by the water with it's flag at half-staff and we wondered why. Later found it out it was because Reagan had died.

We were in the Virgin Islands when President Reagan died. There was a Coast Guard building or something by the water with it's flag at half-staff and we wondered why. Later found it out it was because Reagan had died.

And I assume (start work tomorrow, I only work 3 12's a week now) the flag @ my work now. I assume all federal installation as ordered by proclamation of the Prez... Well, whoever is paying attention to their emails that is. I can call and find out if you want.

And I assume (start work tomorrow, I only work 3 12's a week now) the flag @ my work now. I assume all federal installation as ordered by proclamation of the Prez... Well, whoever is paying attention to their emails that is. I can call and find out if you want.

Yep, the president ordered it. Heard it this morning.