Falcons Ask Eli Apple if He Likes Men in Combine Interview

alright next step.

is it appropriate to ask an interviewee which team they pick in Madden and why?

What about what was your family life like and what did your parents do for a living? this is my favorite. see, this. they asked Dez bryant this and he said his dad was a pimp. when asked what his mom did and bryant replied he worked for my dad...well, ireland asked if his mom was a prostitute. of course that takes sensational headlines to think it went otherwise, which most did. but hey, i bet a lot of teams saw that bryant was as unstable as he has proven in the interviews. and is that so bad? the guy has been a nut, a freaking nut.

in fact, click on the link above. all those questions seem to be fine. but with todays PC police and sjw's ... don't ever talk about being a homosexual or of another race.

also read THIS.

again, how are any of those questions legal? this stuff is out there every year and now we're suddenly some advanced culture that doesn't accept that. but look at those articles and go back 20 years to where Manning was at University of Teabagessee. This has been par for the course for a long time and you mean to tell me no one has sued yet? no one has been sad or cried?

No the Madden question is not inappropriate.

The questions Dez Bryant was asked were inappropriate in fact they were disgusting. The inference in the question to Bortles was also highly inappropriate. You cannot ask people that in job interviews. The defensive end referred to in that link who refused to answer a question about when he lost his virginity had the perfect response. I repeat - I would terminate an interview if anyone ever asked me a question of that nature.

It isn't about being politically correct it is about being a decent, respectful human being who understand the boundary between private and professional.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have yet to hear a valid response from you or anyone saying the question was outlandish about why exactly it was outlandish compared to what is going on and the history of the event.

Outlandish? I don't care about outlandish, there is right (proper) and wrong (improper). It was an improper question to ask & you either get that or you are not so intelligent a fellow. Your future responses in this thread will tell us which is which.

No the Madden question is not inappropriate.

The questions Dez Bryant was asked were inappropriate in fact they were disgusting. The inference in the question to Bortles was also highly inappropriate. You cannot ask people that in job interviews. The defensive end referred to in that link who refused to answer a question about when he lost his virginity had the perfect response. I repeat - I would terminate an interview if anyone ever asked me a question of that nature.

It isn't about being politically correct it is about being a decent, respectful human being who understand the boundary between private and professional.

yeah, wow. i just can't go on. i'll be in my safe spot.

alright next step.

is it appropriate to ask an interviewee which team they pick in Madden and why?

What about what was your family life like and what did your parents do for a living? this is my favorite. see, this. they asked Dez bryant this and he said his dad was a pimp. when asked what his mom did and bryant replied he worked for my dad...well, ireland asked if his mom was a prostitute. of course that takes sensational headlines to think it went otherwise, which most did. but hey, i bet a lot of teams saw that bryant was as unstable as he has proven in the interviews. and is that so bad? the guy has been a nut, a freaking nut.

in fact, click on the link above. all those questions seem to be fine. but with todays PC police and sjw's ... don't ever talk about being a homosexual or of another race.

also read THIS.

again, how are any of those questions legal? this stuff is out there every year and now we're suddenly some advanced culture that doesn't accept that. but look at those articles and go back 20 years to where Manning was at University of Teabagessee. This has been par for the course for a long time and you mean to tell me no one has sued yet? no one has been sad or cried?

Please stop trying to turn this relatively small thing into the worst thing that has ever happened in the western world. Either stay on topic or stay out of topic.

Outlandish? I don't care about outlandish, there is right (proper) and wrong (improper). It was an improper question to ask & you either get that or you are not so intelligent a fellow. Your future responses in this thread will tell us which is which.

There's several years of incontrovertible evidence memorialized on this fine board.

I always enjoy the paths these innocuous little diatribes turn down.

Please do continue.

Value systems are funny little furry creatures. Laws are larger furry creatures with teeth, but do not come out unless provoked perhaps.

and then there are bird and insects whom do not quite fit into the daily goings ons of the furry creatures.

Black and white are primary colors. so much lie in between.

No.

You sir, are wrong. The key to answering this is take out the bit of the sentence that is unnecessary.

If you take out "incontrovertible evidence" the sentence reads.... "There are several years of [....] memorialised on this fine board." That does not make sense.

Take out "several years of" and the sentence reads "There is incontrovertible evidence memorialised on this board."

That tells you what the subject of the sentence is and where there is more than one noun in a sentence the verb should be in agreement with the subject.

Edited by GunnerBill

Some people might not care, but the truth is we don't know how people will react when a major football player comes out of the closet.

Right now the NFL and NBA are testing the waters by allowing no-name player like Sam or Collins come out, but we don't know what's going to happen when Aaron Rodgers or Odell Beckham finally come out. Hell, I mean they take a page out of Hollywood to give these players beards. That's how much the NFL is worried.

Football is a macho culture, and while everyone is talking about how much they don't care I'm curious to see what happens when a superstar comes out. We're going to see what this country is REALLY about.

I think Odell is out, or at least does the worst job ever trying to stay in the closet

Daaaaaah! But this was such a great opportunity to illustrate for Gunner the hazards of expletive sentence structure and prepositional modifers!

Feel free to PM me. I am an English language graduate and a self confessed grammar geek. I can talk about this kind of boring stuff all day.

You sir, are wrong. The key to answering this is take out the bit of the sentence that is unnecessary.

If you take out "incontrovertible evidence" the sentence reads.... "There are several years of [....] memorialised on this fine board." That does not make sense.

Take out "several years of" and the sentence reads "There is incontrovertible evidence memorialised on this board."

That tells you what the subject of the sentence is and where there is more than one noun in a sentence the verb should be in agreement with the subject.

Isn't "evidence" actually plural in this case?