Charles Koch Shows His Real Colors

3rdnlng

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/charles-koch-this-is-the-one-issue-where-bernie-sanders-is-right/2016/02/18/cdd2c228-d5c1-11e5-be55-2cc3c1e4b76b_story.html?postshare=3541455900961529&tid=ss_fb

As he campaigns for the Democratic nomination for president, Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders (I) often sounds like he’s running as much against me as he is the other candidates. I have never met the senator, but I know from listening to him that we disagree on plenty when it comes to public policy.

Even so, I see benefits in searching for common ground and greater civility during this overly negative campaign season. That’s why, in spite of the fact that he often misrepresents where I stand on issues, the senator should know that we do agree on at least one — an issue that resonates with people who feel that hard work and making a contribution will no longer enable them to succeed.

What we've done for a generation has brought us a 70k tax code, 150k in publicly held debt for every man, woman and child in the country, 121Trillion in future liabilities in programs, 15 years of wars with no end in sight and not much to show, a healthcare system that spend 3x our global friends and delivers worse results, and a country cultural were fiscal and social aptitude is a festering sewage pool....

I probably don't love his social views, but his stance on scope and power of central government is right on. I admire Bernie Sanders, he believes what he is putting out there, I think he is trying to do it right, but his policies represent a sustainable utopia that just doesn't work for the nature of human beings.

Liberals hate guys like Koch. But they don't mind when when he donates a few hundred million to a hospital that serves the indigent, Medicaid and others whom are underserved. Or funds our museums, zoos, performing arts centers or other wonderful places that make our cities great places to leave.

Time to open our ears and "listen"... It's a lost skill, there is a lot to learn and consider out there when we make a choice to shut up and open the ears.

Well, if you believe that climate change is a real threat, then it is pretty logical to see these brothers as the enemy of the human race.

So, you couldn't refute anything in the OP so you come up with climate change nonsense to try to derail this thread? You're such a little kitty I think when I bother to call you anything in the future it will be gatorette.

So, you couldn't refute anything in the OP so you come up with climate change nonsense to try to derail this thread? You're such a little kitty I think when I bother to call you anything in the future it will be gatorette.

Climate change, income inequality, racism, the war on woman, the evil rich Wall Streeters and corporations. These are the large issues that plague our society. Get with the program.

Edited by keepthefaith

Do you believe ISIS to be a real threat?

Yes, but only because ISIS was created by global warming.

If you correct global warming, ISIS will stop blowing people up because they'll finally have crops to harvest.

Or something like that.

I'm sure gatorman will be able to elaborate.

Yes, but only because ISIS was created by global warming.

If you correct global warming, ISIS will stop blowing people up because they'll finally have crops to harvest.

Or something like that.

I'm sure gatorman will be able to elaborate.

I was just going to point out that if you believe ISIS is a threat to Americans, wouldn't it be logical to consider the guy who calls them "JV" an enemy of Americans?

Logical in the vein of gator-logic. Which we all know is a step below dolphin.

Well, if you believe that climate change is a real threat, then it is pretty logical to see these brothers as the enemy of the human race.

And this is the problem with modern politics. They disagree with you...ergo, they're "enemies of the human race."

Does it ever occur to you how unbelievably stupid and destructive that mindset is?

And this is the problem with modern politics. They disagree with you...ergo, they're "enemies of the human race."

Does it ever occur to you how unbelievably stupid and destructive that mindset is?

Really? Expectations are a little high, eh?

No, if you really believe Global Warming is a really serious problem and these guys are just protecting their business interest, ya, its cool to call them evil.

Where do you get this stuff? It's hilarious! :lol:

You use manatee idea balls don't you.

From scientists

No, if you really believe Global Warming is a really serious problem and these guys are just protecting their business interest, ya, its cool to call them evil.

From scientists

What about the scientists that publish data showing that the earth has heated and cooled and heated and cooled on its' own? Should that science be considered?