Bledsoe Controversy in Dallas?

Arkady Renko

What if Bledsoe ends up in Baltimore? I haven't been paying attention to the possibilities at all, but how entrenched is Boeller?

That would be the perfect spot for him I think. Great line, great TE, great D and great RB. He would have very good WRs if they made a deal for Moss too.

Yeah they confirm this. Apparently Jones is relunctant because he's in love with Drew Henson but Parcells might be able to get what he wants..

244451[/snapback]

Yeah, but Jones was in love with Quincy Carter just a few short years ago. How right was he about that pick?

What if Bledsoe ends up in Baltimore? I haven't been paying attention to the possibilities at all, but how entrenched is Boeller?

That would be the perfect spot for him I think. Great line, great TE, great D and great RB. He would have very good WRs if they made a deal for Moss too.

244445[/snapback]

Bledsoe to the Ravens...that's an interesting thought. Living in an AFC North city, I get to see the Ravens on TV with some regularity. Boller is a good kid, but pretty much still plays a college game IMO and is a fumbler of the first rank. They lost 2 wr picks from last year due to injuries - Devard Darling, and a 7th round pick-up Derek Abney from Kentucky, who caught everything tossed his way in college with a so-so team, and was compared to Dante Hall regarding kick return skills. Don't know the extent of their injuries.

I'm guessing they will draft a WR in the 1st round, and then go for a CB and an OT.

IF DB stays in the league, you're right, he could end up there.

Yeah they confirm this. Apparently Jones is relunctant because he's in love with Drew Henson but Parcells might be able to get what he wants..

244451[/snapback]

This was terribly obvious at one point in the season after Parcells said there was no way he'd start a kid who hadn't thrown a ball in three years...and then two or three weeks he later he starts Henson in a game (Thanksgiving, I believe), and then pulled him in the second half for Vinny after Henson put up some Gary Marangi numbers...as if to say "There, JJ...he sucks. See? Leave me the !@#$ alone now."

This was terribly obvious at one point in the season after Parcells said there was no way he'd start a kid who hadn't thrown a ball in three years...and then two or three weeks he later he starts Henson in a game (Thanksgiving, I believe), and then pulled him in the second half for Vinny after Henson put up some Gary Marangi numbers...as if to say "There, JJ...he sucks. See? Leave me the !@#$ alone now."

244483[/snapback]

Well I don't know if their bigger mistake would be to play Henson or to sign and start Drew. Henson may be a better option long term. Drew has shown the NFL he's finished, why would they want to invest in him?

To the contrary, I hope we don't face Bledsoe's team (particularly in the early part of '05). I have no doubt that he will go on a tear again for at least a short time a la 2002. Drew's a real enigma... I truly think he just lacks desire, but when he has a chip on his shoulder he can still tear ya a new one. I still remember the fire in his eyes that first day at the Ralph when he pancacked Jason Ferguson on that Peerless Price end around and proceeded to light up the scoreboard for the following weeks.

Don't get me wrong... Drew quickly reverted back to his old nonpassionate mistake prone form, and he'll surely return to it at some point but I don't want to face him early on next season.

To the contrary, I hope we don't face Bledsoe's team (particularly in the early part of '05). I have no doubt that he will go on a tear again for at least a short time a la 2002. Drew's a real enigma... I truly think he just lacks desire, but when he has a chip on his shoulder he can still tear ya a new one. I still remember the fire in his eyes that first day at the Ralph when he pancacked Jason Ferguson on that Peerless Price end around and proceeded to light up the scoreboard for the following weeks.

Don't get me wrong... Drew quickly reverted back to his old nonpassionate mistake prone form, and he'll surely return to it at some point but I don't want to face him early on next season.

244500[/snapback]

please...he didn't scare the patriots one bit and each of those games were personal super bowls to him

244451[/snapback]

I'm anxious to see how Henson pans out also. He was great at UM but took a hole lot of time off.

I'm anxious to see how Henson pans out also. He was great at UM but took a hole lot of time off.

244596[/snapback]

The whole Drew Henson situation is hysterical. We wanted 'em. Dallas wanted him. Dallas may have wanted him more, but Henson certainly wanted to go to Dallas much more than he wanted to come to Buffalo. Fine, the deal got done.

Then....

Henson is given all of one half of a game, gets the hook and is now tied to the bench by Tuna -- the coach Henson so wanted to play for. Now, Henson may very well never start in the NFL.

If Henson opts for Buffalo, he is in Losman's spot now. He would be at Orachard Park right now getting ready to be the starter on opening day. Instead, he may just be holidng a clipboard behind Drew Bledsoe -- the exact thing he wanted to avoid by staying away from the Billls.

Life is fair.

Criipes, I think Vinny is the better QB at this point.  Vinny had multiple 300 yard games last year and I don't believe Bledsoe has had one in 2 years.

244541[/snapback]

Having a 300 yard game is often more a signal of being behind and taking risks than actual quality QB play.

Based on what the Ravens saw of Drew last year -- 4 INTs that cost the Bills a very winnable game -- I doubt that they want any part of him. I seem to remember Kyle Boller doing very little against our defense that day, but at least he didn't single-handedly cost his team the win.

244789[/snapback]

Another interesting thought....Jim Fassel is now the Ravens OC. Rumor has it, he didnt get the Buffalo HC job last year because he didnt think that Bledsoe was salvageable or something to that effect (again, RUMOR).

Lets see if the Ravens in fact show any interest in Drew.

Another interesting thought....Jim Fassel is now the Ravens OC. Rumor has it, he didnt get the Buffalo HC job last year because he didnt think that Bledsoe was salvageable or something to that effect (again, RUMOR).

Lets see if the Ravens in fact show any interest in Drew.

244855[/snapback]

I'm not a Boller fan at all, but living out here, it seems to me that the Ravens are totally committed to him at this point & aren't interested in bringing in another starter. They may be looking for a back-up if Kordella leaves town, but they still have Anthony Wright on the roster.

I'm not a Boller fan at all, but living out here, it seems to me that the Ravens are totally committed to him at this point & aren't interested in bringing in another starter. They may be looking for a back-up if Kordella leaves town, but they still have Anthony Wright on the roster.

244868[/snapback]

Good point.

Like I said, I haven't paid any attention, it's just a team that popped into my head as a good fit for Drew since they have the weapons he needs (TE/RB/LINE/D) etc.

I think going to Dallas would be a bad move for Drew personally. He would have to face the Redskins and Eagles (two of the best blitzing teams in the NFL) twice a year. He would get murdered.