Randy Gregory is who we thought he was

YoloinOhio

Less than 1 page in and pot is the real victim. It is so safe yet Gregory can't get off it to save his life or career. I like the new twist that private prisons are behind this. Theories about big pharma conspiring to make pot heads look remarkably like losers are getting old.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I wonder is how he continues to get caught... Seems like plenty of guys in the NFL partake...

Once caught the first time you are subject to a lot more monitoring. If you stay out of the program to begin with, it couldn't be easier to do what you want

Less than 1 page in and pot is the real victim. It is so safe yet Gregory can't get off it to save his life or career. I like the new twist that private prisons are behind this. Theories about big pharma conspiring to make pot heads look remarkably like losers are getting old.

If you choose to live in a fantasy world where this does not exist, that is your prerogative. But the fact of the matter is that private prisons are funded based on how many inmates they are housing. They are giant entities whose sole purpose is to make money. MJ offenders make up quite a big chunk of their population. If they lost those, they would lose hundreds of millions of dollars. They pay lobbyist and super pacs a crap ton of money to try to make sure that never happens. Big pharma would lose billions, yes BILLIONS, if many of their drugs could be replaced by something you could grow in your own house. It is just simple logic my friend. But live in your sheltered world of rainbows and unicorns. It's cool.

As far as Gregory, yes he may be stupid to put himself in this position...or he may be intelligent enough to realize that a lifetime addiction to pain killers is not worth it to him. Probably the former, but who's to say it's not the latter? The overwhelming majority of studies into the subject clearly show the medicinal benefits with relatively low side effects in adults for marijuana, especially compared to opiates. You probably believe global warming is made up too though, huh?

Edited by Mark80

If you choose to live in a fantasy world where this does not exist, that is your prerogative. But the fact of the matter is that private prisons are funded based on how many inmates they are housing. They are giant entities whose sole purpose is to make money. MJ offenders make up quite a big chunk of their population. If they lost those, they would lose hundreds of millions of dollars. They pay lobbyist and super pacs a crap ton of money to try to make sure that never happens. Big pharma would lose billions, yes BILLIONS, if many of their drugs could be replaced by something you could grow in your own house. It is just simple logic my friend. But live in your sheltered world of rainbows and unicorns. It's cool.

As far as Gregory, yes he may be stupid to put himself in this position...or he may be intelligent enough to realize that a lifetime addiction to pain killers is not worth it to him. Probably the former, but who's to say it's not the latter? The overwhelming majority of studies into the subject clearly show the medicinal benefits with relatively low side effects in adults for marijuana, especially compared to opiates. You probably believe global warming is made up too though, huh?

You realize you're playing into the "pot makes you paranoid" stereotype right?

He's a troll everytime something marijuana related comes up. Gotta just laugh at him instead of engaging him.

To an addict drugs are far more important than money.

not true at all.

you cannot maintain a hard core drug addiction with out money. quite the balancing act.

if he is addicted to something, he is not very good at it.

If it is just pot he is just stupid

Is it just a problem with marijuana or is he a bad dude? I read some accounts where he may have some issues related to personality/psychological disorders/mental health . I'm not making excuses but sometimes there is a serious underlying problem that is a challenge to address.

That is bit more insightful.

I might hazard a guess, underlying issues are at work.

You realize you're playing into the "pot makes you paranoid" stereotype right?

this should get interesting.

He's a troll everytime something marijuana related comes up. Gotta just laugh at him instead of engaging him.

Lol. The guy said Gregory might be intelligent for not being able to kick a pot habit to keep a million dollar job. And I'm a troll.

Pot has far more than donut handcuffs on a lot of people.

Lol. The guy said Gregory might be intelligent for not being able to kick a pot habit to keep a million dollar job. And I'm a troll.

Pot has far more than donut handcuffs on a lot of people.

No he said pot might be better on him than pain killers. Slow down and read the whole paragraph instead of pulling out the keywords that jumpstart your permatrolling of all things pot.

Let's listen to this hot take from someone who knows something about the subject

https://www.cashinbis.com/kyle-turley-nfl-all-pro-to-medical-cannabis-advocate/

Gregory might be a bonafied idiot, but give me the weed over the pills 100% of the time.

No he said pot might be better on him than pain killers. Slow down and read the whole paragraph instead of pulling out the keywords that jumpstart your permatrolling of all things pot.

Let's listen to this hot take from someone who knows something about the subject

https://www.cashinbis.com/kyle-turley-nfl-all-pro-to-medical-cannabis-advocate/

Gregory might be a bonafied idiot, but give me the weed over the pills 100% of the time.

The NFL drug policy has always been a, “Let’s weed out the morons,”

Even though pot is against the rules of his million dollar job?

If pot is a much better solution, why not explain this to the employer in an organized, cohesive fashion? Why not seek the help of the players union to help you explain since organized and cohesive are ships that have long sailed away from pot heads?

Why? Because he is addicted and doing what addicts do. All that matters is that he get the pot, not anything else. Lose his income? So what? Trash his name? Who cares? Everyone else is wrong....the entire world except the pot heads.

FWIW I understand that pot is less destructive on its own than many other drugs from a physical point of view, but it sure does seem that step 1 of the 12 step process is real hard for pot heads.

Even in your post above....give you weed over pain killers 100% of the time. 100% means even if it costs you millions, your job, and who knows.....maybe ultimately a lot more than that. But they're really just donut handcuffs, right?

I will give pot this: it is a very interesting combination of guilt and defiance it creates. However well masked, the guilt is so strong that it coerces the addict into justifying the drug not only to himself but to the world. Addicts of other drugs don't wish their addiction on anyone else. Pot addicts want the whole world to use pot for medicine, clothes, rope, and every other imaginable use. It's weird.

Pharmaceutical and law enforcement industries have too much at stake to allow pot to be legalized.

Except that it has been legalized in 17 states for medical use and 4 more for recreational use. 21 states out of 50, and the list is growing.

I will give pot this: it is a very interesting combination of guilt and defiance it creates. However well masked, the guilt is so strong that it coerces the addict into justifying the drug not only to himself but to the world. Addicts of other drugs don't wish their addiction on anyone else. Pot addicts want the whole world to use pot for medicine, clothes, rope, and every other imaginable use. It's weird.

See below, maybe you can write a tearful letter to your congressman and stop this progress. Especially the non "high" inducing strands that stop some kids from having seizures, and allows cancer patients to have an appetite.

Except that it has been legalized in 17 states for medical use and 4 more for recreational use. 21 states out of 50, and the list is growing.

Edited by Ryan L Billz