Any of these Giants Cuts Worth Pursuing?

Prickly Pete

Beatty was the GIants left tackle for a couple of years but I can't say I know a lot about him, if he was let go, and the Giants aren't changing systems, it's because he isn't that great at this point in his career (30 years old) He could provide valuable depth to us (if we re-sign Glenn) as a swing tackle moreso if Henderson's future is unclear as we speak. If he still wants to start for a team he shouldn't be in our plans.

As the article said, Schwartz was signed in 2014 to start for them and they cut him two years later, that doesn't sound good for him. 4 teams in a 7 seven year career says back-up going forward to me.

The Bills have drafted a number of O-Lineman in the past 2 drafts, is it too early to give up on them? I'm not a fan of giving contracts to players who have been cut days after the season ends...

Sometimes they are guys that are still good, just not up to the level their big contract, and they can be signed at a reasonable rate. I don't know much about these particular players, so I asked.

It may be just the right time to give up on some of the O-linemen the Bills have drafted...or the right time may have even passed for some. I'd like the team to always be open to improving.

Edited by HoF Watkins

Schwartz got a big contract on the back of a brilliant PFF grade that one year in Kansas City. He stinks and has always stunk. He was bang average the year in KC but PFF went wild for him and the Giants were sucked in.

Beatty is different. There was a modicum of talent there. Who knows how much remains post injuries but I'd be open to bringing him in for a look at a reasonable price.

Beatty could be worth a shot depending on price. We need to be thrify with the vets e bring in. Thfifty being good price, value and results. Beatty could compete for or start at RT and/or seing tackle.

Beattys worth it at the right price, check this out

Beatty was PFF's 14th ranked OT in 2014.

2014 was McAdoo’s first year in New York. Beatty scored a +13.0 PFF grade and only allowed 3 sacks.

Schwartz got a big contract on the back of a brilliant PFF grade that one year in Kansas City. He stinks and has always stunk. He was bang average the year in KC but PFF went wild for him and the Giants were sucked in.

Beatty is different. There was a modicum of talent there. Who knows how much remains post injuries but I'd be open to bringing him in for a look at a reasonable price.

He was having a good year for giants until breakinh his leg early in game against skins. Giants couldn't run or pass block trying to adjust,which is probably why they lost that game and the division. He's versatile and could provide quality depth for the right price. Should be fully healed by start of 2016

I heard it said on ESPN that he did not want to play RT and the Giants have Ereck Flowers to take over at LT.

Beattys worth it at the right price, check this out

Beatty was PFF's 14th ranked OT in 2014.

2014 was McAdoo’s first year in New York. Beatty scored a +13.0 PFF grade and only allowed 3 sacks.

I agree. His injuries coupled with his salary are why they let him go.