All-22 breakdown on Marcell Dareus 2015 season

YoloinOhio

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent article Yolo, and I would agree with the writer that he's being paid way to much to be a 2 gap NT. I would love to see him cut loose to get after the quarterback next season. Not sure why Rex is so stubborn that he believes his system is better than the players that he has.

Excellent article Yolo, and I would agree with the writer that he's being paid way to much to be a 2 gap NT. I would love to see him cut loose to get after the quarterback next season. Not sure why Rex is so stubborn that he believes his system is better than the players that he has.

I continue to believe that Dareus will play the 5-tech spot in 2016.

I'm worried that Kyle Williams will be playing the nose, as he's really only capable of playing the 1-tech spot, which won't free up Dareus the way we'd all like to see.

I continue to believe that Dareus will play the 5-tech spot in 2016.

I'm worried that Kyle Williams will be playing the nose, as he's really only capable of playing the 1-tech spot, which won't free up Dareus the way we'd all like to see.

I got a name for you for Round 1 of the draft. Jarran Reed. The more I look at different draft boards, the more I think that the Bills are going to be picking defensive line in Round 1, and specifically a DT. It wouldn't shock me one bit if they drafted someone else to play nose tackle and let Kyle and Marcel get after the quarterbacks. I tend to agree with you that I can't see Kyle playing the nose. He's just not big enough.

I got a name for you for Round 1 of the draft. Jarran Reed. The more I look at different draft boards, the more I think that the Bills are going to be picking defensive line in Round 1, and specifically a DT. It wouldn't shock me one bit if they drafted someone else to play nose tackle and let Kyle and Marcel get after the quarterbacks. I tend to agree with you that I can't see Kyle playing the nose. He's just not big enough.

agree 100% on adding Reed in the draft to play NT.

The tape doesn't lie...Rex knows all!! MD needs to be dropping back in coverage!!!!

Wrex Ryan doesn't "get after" quarterbacks though...

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2013/06/sack-luster_jets_trying_to_rev.html

"But in Ryan’s four seasons with the Jets, he has only had one team crack the top 15 in sacks — 2010, when they totaled 40"

His defense isn't about chasing the QB, so pass rushing D-linemen will be wasted talents. They need LB's that can make plays, while the D-linemen occupy the blockers.

Edited by HoF Watkins

"But in Ryan’s four seasons with the Jets, he has only had one team crack the top 15 in sacks — 2010, when they totaled 40"

His defense isn't about chasing the QB, so pass rushing D-linemen will be wasted talents. They need LB's that make plays, while the D-linemen occupy the blockers.

Which is why Kyle is donezo, IMO.

Which is why Kyle is donezo, IMO.

Maybe, I don't know, or really care, I just don't want to see high picks go towards D-linemen, when they just finished a season of misusing a good D-line.

If the guys that were here weren't supposed to chase the QB, and the focus of the scheme is the LB's, why draft D-line, when the LB's are the weakest link?

I get the feeling that Reed is going to end up going a lot higher than many folks may think. I'd wager he goes top 10 when all is said and done...remember: Ozzie Newsome is picking in the top 10, and Reed went to 'Bama.

Maybe, I don't know, or really care, I just don't want to see high picks go towards D-linemen, when they just finished a season of misusing a good D-line.

If the guys that were here weren't supposed to chase the QB, and the focus of the scheme is the LB's, why draft D-line, when the LB's are the weakest link?

Because if your D-line is weak and can't occupy, your LB's get blown out of the play.

Because if your D-line is weak and can't occupy, your LB's get blown out of the play.

Right, but you don't need high picks to get "occupiers", those picks are for pass rushers.

They can find occupiers in free agency, and with second day picks. With all these DL being drafted, there will be some high priced veterans let go (ala Mario Williams) that have a few years left in them.

Edited by HoF Watkins

His defense isn't about chasing the QB, so pass rushing D-linemen will be wasted talents. They need LB's that can make plays, while the D-linemen occupy the blockers.

That's not the point that was made here. The point is that you don't give a $96 million contract to a defensive tackle that you're only asking to be a two gap player. So you would have me believe that you think that the Bills are going to stand pat in the draft or prioritize linebacker over defensive line? I'm not buying it. Even if you can jump to the conclusion that the highest rated ILB (Raglond) and/or OLB (Lee) are available in the first round and the Bills do take one of the two, I would bet a testicle that they swing around and take a true NT in the second. The exception to this possibility is that they actually are able to get Mario restructured. Now if that happens, I'm with you 100%. As for the sack statistic, it really doesn't matter to me all that much. What matters more to me is yards and points allowed. Rex has had a couple teams where he's been #1 by both measures. Would this season have been more palatable if they had 60 sacks and still went 8-8? Not to me.

Right, but you don't need high picks to get "occupiers", those picks are for pass rushers.

They can find occupiers in free agency, and with second day picks. With all these DL being drafted, there will be some high priced veterans let go (ala Mario Williams) that have a few years left in them.

Who are you thinking?