Are You Ready For Bills' LB Demario Davis?; Signs with CLE

Davis would basically be replacing Bradham right? He plays inside I'm fine with it, he knows the system hopefully he can be a slight upgrade. Signing him would keep Ragland off our board and that is a good thing for me.

You might want to get used to the idea of Ragland with the Bills showing interest by holding a private workout with him. He's definitely a candidate at 19.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Davis would basically be replacing Bradham right? He plays inside I'm fine with it, he knows the system hopefully he can be a slight upgrade. Signing him would keep Ragland off our board and that is a good thing for me.

Yes, but I really feel like none of those guys is in the mold that this team needs. We need a quicker, coverage-type guy to play in Rex's scheme. Someone like Vincent Rey or Jerrell Freeman.

Davis, to me, is like another Preston Brown.

You might want to get used to the idea of Ragland with the Bills showing interest by holding a private workout with him. He's definitely a candidate at 19.

With all the teams that need a 3-down ILB (Baltimore, Chicago, TB, NYG, LA, Detroit, Indy), I don't think he makes it to 19.

Yes, but I really feel like none of those guys is in the mold that this team needs. We need a quicker, coverage-type guy to play in Rex's scheme. Someone like Vincent Rey or Jerrell Freeman.

Davis, to me, is like another Preston Brown.

Yeah I had hopes we could get Deion Jones in that spot. He is projected to play inside and is well rounded much more so than a guy like Brown/Bradham. Edited by Commonsense

What's wrong with Ragland?

And I'm not a fan of Davis. He basically didn't play the last and most important game of the year for the Jets against us.... Tells you what the Jets think of him. And he has 0 coverage skills. So his only upside is "he knows Rex's complex system."

Great!

Did you get impression I was excited about the signing? I wasn't trying to say that at all. He could at best be a slight upgrade and fill a hole. I just don't want to waste our first on an ILB that looks to much like the same guys we are trying to replace.

Could be with not many LBs with a 1st round grade and so much DL depth in the draft.

Indeed.

Yeah I had hopes we could get Deion Jones in that spot. He is projected to play inside and is well rounded much more so than a guy like Brown/Bradham.

Yes, ideal fits would be Deion Jones or Su'a Cravens, but I don't think we'll see either at 19, and I doubt either makes to back around to 49.

I'm warming on the idea of Dominique Alexander as a 3rd/4th round possibility at the Will spot.

I really wish Elandon Roberts of Houston were a better cover guy, because he's one of my favorite LBs in the draft. Just unbelievable effort-wise, and he's a wrecking ball against the run.

Indeed.

Yes, ideal fits would be Deion Jones or Su'a Cravens, but I don't think we'll see either at 19, and I doubt either makes to back around to 49.

I'm warming on the idea of Dominique Alexander as a 3rd/4th round possibility at the Will spot.

I really wish Elandon Roberts of Houston were a better cover guy, because he's one of my favorite LBs in the draft. Just unbelievable effort-wise, and he's a wrecking ball against the run.

Yeah I was hoping to see him at 49 I am an LSU guy so I should admit my bias. On Roberts who I know nothing about, would you prefer him over a guy like Ragland who is going to go in the first? Value wise? I just don't want to invest #19 on an ILB who is a thumper more than a 3 down guy.

Well, sounds like he is mostly an inside linebacker.

If they sign Davis, an outside rush linebacker would make more sense as a first round pick.

Exactly. Although Saban did use Ragland in a variety of roles.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I don't think Davis had a good year (which is why he's available/potentially cheap) but it could be a situation where he's not a great fit for Bowles scheme and a better fit for the one he was drafted for - similar to Bradham's move back toward the scheme he succeeded in.

Yeah I was hoping to see him at 49 I am an LSU guy so I should admit my bias. On Roberts who I know nothing about, would you prefer him over a guy like Ragland who is going to go in the first? Value wise? I just don't want to invest #19 on an ILB who is a thumper more than a 3 down guy.

Roberts is probably a day 3 pick. I think Ragland is clearly the better value, in that he can play all 3 downs (although he's not great in coverage).

Here's a link to a full-game vid I posted with Roberts:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/184224-2016-draft-lb-thread/page-5?do=findComment&comment=3858223

He spent the whole game spying Navy's Keenan Reynolds, and did an incredible job. He may not be at the top of any team's wish list, but if you can watch this video and not enjoy watching that kid play, well, you're different than I am!

Also, I'll give you a name for a day 3 sleeper candidate at Will LB: Florida State's Terrance Smith. He's got the athleticism and body type, but he's been banged up and has some technical issues to clean up.

Roberts is probably a day 3 pick. I think Ragland is clearly the better value, in that he can play all 3 downs (although he's not great in coverage).

Here's a link to a full-game vid I posted with Roberts:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/184224-2016-draft-lb-thread/page-5?do=findComment&comment=3858223

He spent the whole game spying Navy's Keenan Reynolds, and did an incredible job. He may not be at the top of any team's wish list, but if you can watch this video and not enjoy watching that kid play, well, you're different than I am!

Also, I'll give you a name for a day 3 sleeper candidate at Will LB: Florida State's Terrance Smith. He's got the athleticism and body type, but he's been banged up and has some technical issues to clean up.

Interesting video a big guy spying Keenan, he sticks his assignment for sure. I'm fine with having a thumper inside, just draft a guy like Cash who can come down into the box on passing downs. Plenty of dynamic players that could offer Rex some flexibility I'm really interested to see what they do.

yes, pretty sure it would be Brown, Lawson, Davis, and an OLB draft pick at LB

Based on what Rex ran in NY, in 2014 for example, his 3-4 used Wilkerson, Snacks, and Richardson on the interior, then Coples, Davis, Harris, and Pace. Pace = Hughes and Coples = Mario. If they pick up Davis, then he and Brown in the middle, with Lawson (in Mario's spot for now) and Hughes on the outside. For the interior 3, Dareus and KW at ends, then you need a true NT in the middle.

i think the #1 need is to replace Mario's spot. They will also need someone to replace KW next year, and spell him a lot this year. They'll need another LB in passing situations if they pick up Davis. I think they can find a space-eating NT in the later rounds, if they don't already have one on the roster in TJ Barnes?

In R1, I think they'll go with the BPA between the Mario replacement and the KW replacement--seems to be where the most talent is that will also be available at the pick.

My thoughts at least.