Unfiltered With Rex Ryan

Watch: Unfiltered With Rex Ryan - Part One (8:20)
Johh Murphy sits down with head coach Rex Ryan for part one of 'Unfiltered.' They look back at the 2015 season, what he thinks of the roster moving into 2016, and the hirings of Rob Ryan and Ed Reed.

Watch: Unfiltered With Rex Ryan Part 2 (4:05)
Bills HC Rex Ryan discusses the addition of Kathryn Smith to the coaching staff, his working relationship with GM Doug Whaley, his offseason duties and more.

Anyone who is against Pegula and Rex Ryan don't deserve what they brought to Buffalo. Pegula kept the team and put this team back in national attention no matter what the outcome. All the negative talk is unwarranted. Not even one losing season yet under Pegula and Ryan and people talk as if we went 3-13. And this is the reason why in the media Bills fans are looked at in such a negative light. Every year results in panic if we don't win a super bowl. If another team in the AFC East could beat out the Pats I'd understand. But that isn't happening until Tom Brady retires. Period. End of story. Ryan is a good coach and Pegula is the best owner a fan base could dream of.

Edited by Vinaccia

Anyone who is against Pegula and Rex Ryan don't deserve what they brought to Buffalo. Pegula kept the team and put this team back in national attention no matter what the outcome. All the negative talk is unwarranted. Not even one losing season yet under Pegula and Ryan and people talk as if we went 3-13. And this is the reason why in the media Bills fans are looked at in such a negative light. Every year results in panic if we don't win a super bowl. If another team in the AFC East could beat out the Pats I'd understand. But that isn't happening until Tom Brady retires. Period. End of story. Ryan is a good coach and Pegula is the best owner a fan base could dream of.

I think the Bills are looked in a negative light because they have sucked forever. But who knows?

I had a hard time believing Rex when he said that Rob Ryan turned down coordinator jobs to join the Bills.

Maybe Sexton is Rob Ryan's agent. I can't really believe that either.

It's still January and I'm already sick of the Ryan twins

Next season is going to be a freaking disaster

Yep and yep! Rex is terrible to listen to and his team is tough to watch. Rex to me is a very scary type of person. That person being a dumb person who thinks they are smarter than everyone.

Were you aware of the expectations of this team and how they finished far below them? Are you saying you're ok with this past season?

Is that because they go to games to get drunk because the Bills suck?

No, fans were getting drunk in 80s and 90s when Bills were winning

There is a negative light casting the fans because of all the alcohol and notable acts of stupidity associated. However that's only if that's what you choose to listen to.

On the flip side you can also find them cast in a very favorable light, when talking about diehard, loyal bases. If anyone tracks an attendance to win ratio over the past 2 decades, they are likely tops.

I had a hard time believing Rex when he said that Rob Ryan turned down coordinator jobs to join the Bills.

I also had a hard time believing Rex that Rob turned down coordinator jobs unless not in the NFL. If nothing else, he hired on in B'lo before the HC carousel settled and guys picked their coordinators.

I thought Rex was contradictory when asked if he and Rob had to "redeem themselves" He said "we don't have a lot of redeeming to do" (complete with cutaway picture of Rex and Rob flanking Buddy) and then "we have a chip on our shoulders". If you don't have redeeming to do, why do you have a chip? I'm tired also of hearing how Rex is this great fighter. You're not coaching boxing, Rex, you're coaching football. It isn't your fists that matter, it's what's between your ears and yes, you've lost that fight, multiple times. Belichek pwns you.

Why do you say "Ryan is a good coach"? What happened to "you are what your record says you are?" Ryan's record is 54 wins, 58 losses, 0.482. That is not the record of a "good" coach.

Why do you say "Every year results in panic if we don't win a super bowl?" Fan expectations seem much milder than that. In fact I haven't once heard a fan express disappointment that we didn't go to the AFC championship game this year, much less the Superbowl. We expected to have the D excel as they did last year and the O improve mildly, to match or improve last year's records, and because of those things to reach a playoff game. We were told to expect those things by Rex Ryan. Two of those things did not happen. Therefore fans are disappointed.

The Patriots with Tom Brady lost to the Broncos, Eagles, Jets, and Dolphins. Only one of those 3 teams is in the playoffs. Two of those teams have losing records. One is QB'd by the guy we cast off. This suggests to me that Brady and the Patriots can be beaten, twice by other teams in the AFC East, but not by us. Doesn't that concern you? Especially not by us in the 2nd game of the season, without major D injuries, with all D players fired up and going hard. If that doesn't concern you, it should.

I'm tired of being told as a fan I should shut up and sit down and like what the Bills are serving us. I do agree with you that people who don't speak up deserve what Rex brought to Buffalo, and what Rex brought to Buffalo so far is mediocrity. 8-8 is the very definition of that.