Eagles have Schwartz on their mind for DC?

FireChan

Lets see how Jim does without the dominant line he had with the bills

Obviously....no ill will from me to him. He is in the NFC and was not coming back here

i think they have a really good DL and seem to have the personnel for his wide 9 scheme. Pederson, with his offensive background, will probably defer the whole D to him like Marrone did. Should be a great fit. Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think they have a really good DL and seem to have the personnel for his wide 9 scheme. Pederson, with his offensive background, will probably defer the whole D to him like Marrone did. Should be a great fit.

The only issue with Schwartz and the Eagles is you know going in that Schwartz has HC aspirations.......if the Eagles D does well he is probably a one and done.

The only issue with Schwartz and the Eagles is you know going in that Schwartz has HC aspirations.......if the Eagles D does well he is probably a one and done.

i could see that ... They should make sure they have a quality defensive assistant behind him who could take over and run a similar scheme for continuity purposes since the HC is an offensive guy. For example, the Bills said they did this with Kromer in the event that Roman got an HC opportunity at some point. Edited by YoloinOhio

I have read on this site that Jim Schwartz is the best defensive mind in the history of defenses in any sport.

With this hire, I fully expect that the Eagles' defense will be the number one defense in the history of the NFL.

P.S. Please excuse my sarcasm. I like Schwartz. I just don't like the way some have invoked Schwartz to push their anti-Rex narrative.

I think Pederson will be a pretty lame duck coach. He has practically no coaching experience. Schwartz will be able to do what he wants.

i don't know much about him but I read that he's actually a more aggressive play caller than Reid is/was. At this point we don't know who their QB will be unless they sign Bradford, so that will be the most important thing for pederson. He is used to a QB who doesn't turn the ball over.

How did that work out after his Buffalo D did well? He was available and there have been a lot of HC jobs to fill this year...

i don't know much about him but I read that he's actually a more aggressive play caller than Reid is/was. At this point we don't know who their QB will be unless they sign Bradford, so that will be the most important thing for pederson. He is used to a QB who doesn't turn the ball over.

He started "coaching" in 2011 with the Eagles as an offensive quality control coach. Then Reid plucked him from the Eagles in 2013 to be his OC. He's had a rather quick rise in the coaching ranks.

I have read on this site that Jim Schwartz is the best defensive mind in the history of defenses in any sport.

With this hire, I fully expect that the Eagles' defense will be the number one defense in the history of the NFL.

P.S. Please excuse my sarcasm. I like Schwartz. I just don't like the way some have invoked Schwartz to push their anti-Rex narrative.

Let me tell you this about Jim Schwartz.... the Eagles defense will not be in the bottom 5 in the league where it has been every single year under the Chip Kelly regime. That defense is not without talent. Fletcher Cox and Vinnie Curry are a pretty good pair of defensive ends, Kendriks, Ryans, Alonso, Barwin all have talent at linebacker and Malcolm Jenkins is one of the best safeties about. Walter Thurmond played safety last year but I would assume will revert to a nickel corner position in Schwartz's scheme and then they just need a bit of help at outside corner. Maxwell had a truly dreadful 1st season and I am not convinced he wasn't a beneficiary of playing with very good players in Seattle and Nolan Carroll is a borderline starter. If I was Philadelphia cornerback would be my number 1 priority in the draft. I'm not sure Jalen Ramsey will make it that far.... what about the brother of the Bears corner? The Virginia Tech kid - has he declared? He might be a middle of the 1st type guy who could be a fit in Philly.