Eagles have Schwartz on their mind for DC?

FireChan

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be funny....also interesting because Marrone leaving Bills left Schwartz without a job. Doubt they're good buddies at this point

if they hire Schwartz... No doubt they try to sign Mario after he's cut. They could overpay for him with their cap space as he's lost a step but could still be productive in the right situation/rotation. Most of the jags good players seem to be on rookie deals. They could be much better next year if they build up the defense with FAs and continue to draft well. Also, Dante fowler was their top pick last year and he tore his ACL in OTAs, so he will be back. They need OL and secondary help.

Still collecting $3 mil a year from the Bills for one more year.....yep....he was cut loose to collect $6 mil on the bills. He can afford to be selective....and sit out another year if he likes.

Apparently he prefers Tennessee, but the Titians want Horton to stay. That's the holdup. Horton wants to go to Cleveland (or at least he did), but is still under contract in TEN and they're working on a new deal to get him to stay. The Titians will get Horton or Schwartz. Cleveland will get Horton if Tennessee gets Schwartz or CLE MIGHT get Schwartz if TEN keeps Horton.

if they hire Schwartz... No doubt they try to sign Mario after he's cut. They could overpay for him with their cap space as he's lost a step but could still be productive in the right situation/rotation. Most of the jags good players seem to be on rookie deals. They could be much better next year if they build up the defense with FAs and continue to draft well. Also, Dante fowler was their top pick last year and he tore his ACL in OTAs, so he will be back. They need OL and secondary help.

Erik Pears could be available.

@Danphillips

Jim Schwartz arrived in Philadelphia today. There's a rumor that he may become the Eagles next defensive coordinator.

Apparently TEN didn't want Schwartz so he picked his preferred job. I find that totally inexplicable - or rather I would find it inexplicable had they not already demonstrated their coach-selection abilities by hiring Mularkey. TEN might have the #1 overall pick again in 2017.

Horton is officially interviewing in Cleveland and is either heading there or back to TEN as DC. I'm not sure how he's in such high demand though. The Schwartz interest, sure. But Horton?

Apparently TEN didn't want Schwartz so he picked his preferred job. I find that totally inexplicable - or rather I would find it inexplicable had they not already demonstrated their coach-selection abilities by hiring Mularkey. TEN might have the #1 overall pick again in 2017.

Horton is officially interviewing in Cleveland and is either heading there or back to TEN as DC. I'm not sure how he's in such high demand though. The Schwartz interest, sure. But Horton?

horton had some success in Arizona and that one season in Cleveland but as I recall in 2013 the defense regressed toward the end of the year. When the Bills played them early in 2013 it was pretty good (top 10 at least) but then as the year went on the whole team just collapsed, perhaps it was attributed to the offense putting them in bad spots, I don't know. The defense in Tennessee this year seemed to be decent at times but I think it is overall kind of bad roster. Hard to tell on Horton until they get that going. Still, I'm surprised the Titans would not have jumped on Schwartz if he wanted that job. Perhaps he burnt bridges there from last time? Edited by YoloinOhio

I think Schwartz wanted the HC job in Tennessee not the DC job.

maybe, but he lives there and just built a home, his kids are in school there. If he was going to take a DC job anyway elsewhere, why not take it with Titans? Unless he doesn't like Mularkey or their ownership. Or roster. Who knows the real story but it was reported that he was waiting to find out who was being hired as HC there and then making his move. So I'm thinking he didn't want Mularkey. Edited by YoloinOhio

horton had some success in Arizona and that one season in Cleveland but as I recall in 2013 the defense regressed toward the end of the year. When the Bills played them early in 2013 it was pretty good (top 10 at least) but then as the year went on the whole team just collapsed, perhaps it was attributed to the offense putting them in bad spots, I don't know. The defense in Tennessee this year seemed to be decent at times but I think it is overall kind of bad roster. Hard to tell on Horton until they get that going. Still, I'm surprised the Titans would not have jumped on Schwartz if he wanted that job. Perhaps he burnt bridges there from last time?

It'll be interesting because his defenses did have some success. They obviously weren't on par with Schwartz's defenses though.

maybe, but he lives there and just built a home, his kids are in school there. If he was going to take a DC job anyway elsewhere, why not take it with Titans? Unless he doesn't like Mularkey or their ownership. Or roster. Who knows the real story but it was reported that he was waiting to find out who was being hired as HC there and then making his move. So I'm thinking he didn't want Mularkey.

I think that was what happened, too. It certainly fits and makes sense.

There he goes.

Don Banks @DonBanks 6m6 minutes ago

Breaking: Can confirm Jim Schwartz has agreed to be Eagles new offensive coordinator. Deal not signed yet, but done.

Don Banks @DonBanks 5m5 minutes ago

Correction, defensive coordinator for Schwartz. Obviously. My bad.

Don Banks @DonBanks 3m3 minutes ago

Eagles have a new Defensive coordinator in Jim Schwartz. Deal is not yet signed, but agreement in place.

Edited by FireChan

There he goes.

Don Banks @DonBanks 6m6 minutes ago

Breaking: Can confirm Jim Schwartz has agreed to be Eagles new offensive coordinator. Deal not signed yet, but done.

Don Banks @DonBanks 5m5 minutes ago

Correction, defensive coordinator for Schwartz. Obviously. My bad.

Don Banks @DonBanks 3m3 minutes ago

Eagles have a new Defensive coordinator in Jim Schwartz. Deal is not yet signed, but agreement in place.

Lets see how Jim does without the dominant line he had with the bills

Obviously....no ill will from me to him. He is in the NFC and was not coming back here