Tyrod Taylor: PFF Breakout Player of the Year

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really wish Taylor was bigger. I struggle to ever see him making it through a 16 (or hopefully longer) season.

And can we stop labeling everyone who isn't ready to anoint Taylor as a franchise qb as hating him? It's stupid. Taylor certainly is a starting caliber qb. But there were some concerns. We could be explosive on offense but we were fair from consistent.

And there are a lot of double standards. Past Bills Qbs would be killed if they passed for under 200 yards as many times as Taylor did. That said, Taylor is great at protecting the football. However the next step is winning us games and against good Qbs. I didn't see that this year. I hope he takes the next step this year.

Tyrod is a one trick pony and teams have figured him out.Keep him in the pocket and he is not effective.His biggest asset is his ability to run and once that is limited hes average at best.This is why he was totally ineffective when we were down and he had to move the team down the field in under 2 minutes.

I really wish Taylor was bigger. I struggle to ever see him making it through a 16 (or hopefully longer) season.

And can we stop labeling everyone who isn't ready to anoint Taylor as a franchise qb as hating him? It's stupid. Taylor certainly is a starting caliber qb. But there were some concerns. We could be explosive on offense but we were fair from consistent.

And there are a lot of double standards. Past Bills Qbs would be killed if they passed for under 200 yards as many times as Taylor did. That said, Taylor is great at protecting the football. However the next step is winning us games and against good Qbs. I didn't see that this year. I hope he takes the next step this year.

You gotta learn to let him go. He wouldn't want this.

Is the H capitalized because you're starting a sentence, or is it He as in "I'm not a TT hater, I'm a butt-hurt fanboy of He."

You type so tough on a message board.

I'll insult one of your posts but you never post anything worth remembering. You add nothing.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

I think that TT has about an 80% chance of being the Bills QB for the next 6-8 years. Therefore 8 out of every 10 comments that I make on the topic will be positive. #analytics

I've been a supporter of TT almost from the start. It's reasonable to debate whether he is going to be a good qb or not. What isn't debatable about him is that there are not going to be distracting side issues about him ala Manziel,, RGIII and to a lesser extent Kaepernick. He is the type of player who is receptive to coaching, including hard coaching. He wants to learn and get better. He is not a show pony---he is a work horse.

TT is serious about his profession. He is a worker, has good character and leadership attributes. Some qbs have impressive physical tools but lack the innate feel for the game. EJ and Losman fall in that category. That type of qb can work as hard as anyone to prepare but when it comes to the real game time speed it becomes apparent that something is lacking.

As I and others have said before, next season it should be evident whether he has the makings to be a dependable qb or an erratic type qb who can periodically tease you but lacks the consistency to be a long term franchise qb.

I'm upbeat about him. I have more doubts about our defense under the tutelage of Rex whose coaching philosophy seems to be diminish the assets and accentuate the liabilities. :wallbash: