Nothing like inciting panic

blzrul

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RBS fixed income desk advising everyone to cash out of equities all together and put everything in fixed income? Sounds great.

I do generally agree with the guy though. I just cashed out of some of my bigger positions to lock in gains and have cash ready for a big buying opportunity. I think this market will continue to slide. Its time to pay at least some of the bill for stimulus and gov debt fueled growth.

But you have to pay taxes on this gains and while its cash it won't be earning dividends.

Just sayin...

3838096.jpg

Asscat!!!

RBS fixed income desk advising everyone to cash out of equities all together and put everything in fixed income? Sounds great.

I do generally agree with the guy though. I just cashed out of some of my bigger positions to lock in gains and have cash ready for a big buying opportunity. I think this market will continue to slide. Its time to pay at least some of the bill for stimulus and gov debt fueled growth.

I always got a kick out of Bill Gross always being bearish on equities.

But you have to pay taxes on this gains and while its cash it won't be earning dividends.

Stock tips from gator.

God I love this place. :lol:

I always got a kick out of Bill Gross always being bearish on equities.

Stock tips from gator.

Stock tip?? What stock did I tip him on? God you are stupid. You are as dumb as greggy!

*just kidding, no one is that dumb. But giving stock tips is different from investment strategy advice.

Stock tip?? What stock did I tip him on? God you are stupid. You are as dumb as greggy!

No you told him he should be investing in dividend paying stocks.

But to make you happy I'll change my thought.

Investment strategy advice from gator.

Is that better?

Edited by Chef Jim

Just sayin...

Asscat!!!

I won't be paying tax in the IRA I play with and missing out on dividends is opportunity cost I'm willing to accept when the alternative is likely a significant loss of capital and no resources with which to buy when bargains appear.

I won't be paying tax in the IRA I play with and missing out on dividends is opportunity cost I'm willing to accept when the alternative is likely a significant loss of capital and no resources with which to buy when bargains appear.

But other than that gatorboy it was fantastic advice!! :thumbsup:

Well the good news is that the market won't drop Monday since it'll be closed.

My portfolio is moderate risk, and I'm fine with it, but given that fear and greed are the prime drivers (notice "common sense" isn't in there) I posted this initially because to me it sounded like the equivalent of yelling "fire" in a crowded theatre when there was in fact no fire. There could be someone playing with matches though, and the ensuing stampede could cause the fire. Which may be what's happening.

Someone's going to have to smack China.

And of course we all love cheap gas, but clearly there is an impact to the industry which will naturally hurt their stock which is the other major driver these past two weeks. What people aren't quite getting is that even with cheap gas, consumers are not spending the money they save on gas on something else. Given that wages have been relatively stagnant for so long, my guess is they're paying down debt with this little windfall and perhaps saving a bit. Or, stuffing it under a mattress.

Edited by blzrul

Well the good news is that the market won't drop Monday since it'll be closed.

My portfolio is moderate risk, and I'm fine with it, but given that fear and greed are the prime drivers (notice "common sense" isn't in there) I posted this initially because to me it sounded like the equivalent of yelling "fire" in a crowded theatre when there was in fact no fire. There could be someone playing with matches though, and the ensuing stampede could cause the fire. Which may be what's happening.

Someone's going to have to smack China.

And of course we all love cheap gas, but clearly there is an impact to the industry which will naturally hurt their stock which is the other major driver these past two weeks. What people aren't quite getting is that even with cheap gas, consumers are not spending the money they save on gas on something else. Given that wages have been relatively stagnant for so long, my guess is they're paying down debt with this little windfall and perhaps saving a bit. Or, stuffing it under a mattress.

Oil goes up, the market panics.

Oil goes down, the market panics.

Basically, the market hates change.

My personal rate of return last year was 37.4% as an aggregate, net taxes.

As always, my positions and strategies are proprietary.

That said, if you can't make gains in down markets, given the myriad of products available to consumers today, you shouldn't be invested.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

My personal rate of return last year was 37.4% as an aggregate, net taxes.

As always, my positions and strategies are proprietary.

That said, if you can't make gains in down markets, given the myriad of products available to consumers today, you shouldn't be invested.

My strategy netted me 150% return on my investment on Wednesday.