Rob Ryan joining Bills staff

FluffHead

I still find it funny how fans think they know more then NFL people on how to run a football club

You guys are all missing your callings!

The saints have made some bad choices no doubt.

What you are saying is that you are smarter then several different nfl clubs

Your not

Have you never questioned a team's draft pick? Or coaching hire? Or a coach's decision? When a team hires the coaches brother after the brother has completely flamed out in all of his latest three or four coaching gigs, I don't think its a stretch to question that decision, and in fact I think it's odd to simply say "well they must know what they are doing since they are in the NFL and all the fans are not" which in essence is what you are saying. I stand by my assertion that Rob's hiring could strain the coaching relationships among the Bills' defensive coaches. I may not be an NFL executive, but I have observed interactions among teams of people for many years. I genuinely hope I'm wrong about this hire and about Rex being a complete blowhard incompetent when it comes to being head coach. I desperately want the Bills to succeed again, sooner rather than later, and I'd love nothing more than to eat a bucket full of fried crow after the Bills are successful under Rex. Just not expecting it to happen.

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you never questioned a team's draft pick? Or coaching hire? Or a coach's decision? When a team hires the coaches brother after the brother has completely flamed out in all of his latest three or four coaching gigs, I don't think its a stretch to question that decision, and in fact I think it's odd to simply say "well they must know what they are doing since they are in the NFL and all the fans are not" which in essence is what you are saying. I stand by my assertion that Rob's hiring could strain the coaching relationships among the Bills' defensive coaches. I may not be an NFL executive, but I have observed interactions among teams of people for many years. I genuinely hope I'm wrong about this hire and about Rex being a complete blowhard incompetent when it comes to being head coach. I desperately want the Bills to succeed again, sooner rather than later, and I'd love nothing more than to eat a bucket full of fried crow after the Bills are successful under Rex. Just not expecting it to happen.

Sure I have questioned it.....

I dont think I can run the team better then those that are doing it. BECAUSE I DONT HAVE ALL THE INFORMATION NEEDED TO DO THAT

- Do you know what Rob's actual function will be on this team? How do you know it isnt just to do exactly what Thurman (unsuccessfully) has been trying to do? WE DONT KNOW

Unacceptable. We need to decide, right now, whether this portends doom.

lets just skip ahead to the Doom.

Seems the logical end for so many fans.

Put away the revolver and just get out the shotgun. leaves no suspense as to when the end arrives.

lets just skip ahead to the Doom.

Seems the logical end for so many fans.

Put away the revolver and just get out the shotgun. leaves no suspense as to when the end arrives.

i prefer jumping into the bathtub with a plugged in toaster. Defensive assistants win championships, yo.

I didn't say I'd be better than an NFL GM. I'm saying they aren't automatically correct because they are in the NFL. See the difference?

And yes, I love it more.

Point blank, I was right and Payton was wrong about CJ Spiller. I don't care if he's a garbage man or a HoF coach. It's irrelevant and fallacious to say otherwise.

When someone asks you if you are so smart why are you not working in the NFL and your only reason given is that you are happy in another job, you are saying implicitly that you are as smart as guys in the NFL. Otherwise, you would say "I'm not, and I have a great career elsewhere."

When someone asks you if you are so smart why are you not working in the NFL and your only reason given is that you are happy in another job, you are saying implicitly that you are as smart as guys in the NFL. Otherwise, you would say "I'm not, and I have a great career elsewhere."

It's not my only reason. I think you're making a lot of assumptions here, Kelly. Bad look.

But forgive me for not holding the genius intellect behind the Browns in high esteem.

Edited by FireChan

Sure I have questioned it.....

I dont think I can run the team better then those that are doing it. BECAUSE I DONT HAVE ALL THE INFORMATION NEEDED TO DO THAT

- Do you know what Rob's actual function will be on this team? How do you know it isnt just to do exactly what Thurman (unsuccessfully) has been trying to do? WE DONT KNOW

Any time you question any decision about a coaching hire, a play call, a draft pick, etc., you are asserting that you know better regarding that particular hire, play, draft pick than the person(s) whose made the decision. Using your argument, you should never question a draft pick because you do not have all the information needed to make that pick. And yet you have, I have, virtually everyone on this board has questioned those types of decision. You constantly have offered your opinion that the Bills need to get Taylor out of the pocket more. Are you saying in that case you did in fact have all the information needed to make that decision?

Frankly, only a lobotomized fan would just nod and agree with everything their team does without question simply because they aren't an NFL executive. It's the nature of being a fan. And I don't think it is necessary to be an NFL Executive to conclude that Rob Ryan likely wouldn't have been hired by another NFL team as "Assistant Head Coach/Defense" unless his brother happened to be the Head Coach, which makes the hire suspect in the extreme.

Rob, whoops.

Im just crackin on ya

I have absolutely know Idea how this Rob Ryan thing is gonna work out

Any time you question any decision about a coaching hire, a play call, a draft pick, etc., you are asserting that you know better regarding that particular hire, play, draft pick than the person(s) whose made the decision. Using your argument, you should never question a draft pick because you do not have all the information needed to make that pick. And yet you have, I have, virtually everyone on this board has questioned those types of decision. You constantly have offered your opinion that the Bills need to get Taylor out of the pocket more. Are you saying in that case you did in fact have all the information needed to make that decision?

Frankly, only a lobotomized fan would just nod and agree with everything their team does without question simply because they aren't an NFL executive. It's the nature of being a fan. And I don't think it is necessary to be an NFL Executive to conclude that Rob Ryan likely wouldn't have been hired by another NFL team as "Assistant Head Coach/Defense" unless his brother happened to be the Head Coach, which makes the hire suspect in the extreme.

When I question I do so as a fan. I dont sit there and actually think I know more then the people that actually run the team.

As fans we can question everything....sure

Im just crackin on ya

I have absolutely know Idea how this Rob Ryan thing is gonna work out

When I question I do so as a fan. I dont sit there and actually think I know more then the people that actually run the team.

As fans we can question everything....sure

including other Fans.

Thats when it can turn ugly.

we should all be aware of that feature of our freedom to criticize others. and i mean all of us

Pfft. I'm smarter than the guys in the NFL.

Just maybe not about football.

including other Fans.

Thats when it can turn ugly.

we should all be aware of that feature of our freedom to criticize others. and i mean all of us

Except me.

Pfft. I'm smarter than the guys in the NFL.

Just maybe not about football.

Except me.

there are always exceptions to the rule.

you are living proof.

you are aware there is different meanings to exception and exceptional ?

hey maybe this is the bottom of the barrel we need to get to in order to start to rise from the ashes (love the mixed metaphors)

seriously 2018 and a new coaching staff is looking good right now

Well I hope the barrel isn't any deeper than we appear to be. And 2017 would be long enough if we don't have a major improvement over this last season.

If this thread constitutes an ugly discussion, I only wonder how to characterize the heated discussions that take place on the web concerning Trump, Obama, Clinton, Cruz etc. I mean, nobody has called Rex a commie Kenyan muslim.

Rex is a drunk stupid frat boy with his head up his ass.....but he's our coach and I love him. Now lets go eat a !@#$ing snack..