Recap season by Tylor Dunne

JohnC

I fully agree. It was not said disparaging Dunne, it was a musing of the sites features and knowing who to read and how to read them. Dunne would be a great member of this board and I wish he would join. Maybe one day Timmy will come back, too.

There are times with Dunne that I think he has his fingers right on the pulse of the fans. Some of the tactics used and types of journalism he has done with the headlines and drawing to conclusion type of hype - it attracts clicks.

He reminds me of a young Timmy Graham.

It's part of the business i.e. the number of clicks. Chris Cooley a former Redskin TE who is now part of the broadcast team and a member of the local ESPN outlet was talking about the instructions he received when he started the job. He related how he was told by his new bosses just be yourself and was reminded that he had obligations associated with social media and the number of clicks he gets through twitter and responses to his radio show and blogs.

My friend's son in the DC area covers the sports scene in DC. He does radio work for a sports station. The father told me that he is never totally off the job because he is constantly posting on twitter and blogging. One aspect of the "clicking" world that is stressful relative to job performance is that it is measurable. If the clicks drop off your boss is likely to schedule a meeting inquiring what is the problem.

It's part of the business i.e. the number of clicks. Chris Cooley a former Redskin TE who is now part of the broadcast team and a member of the local ESPN outlet was talking about the instructions he received when he started the job. He related how he was told by his new bosses just be yourself and was reminded that he had obligations associated with social media and the number of clicks he gets through twitter and responses to his radio show and blogs.

My friend's son in the DC area covers the sports scene in DC. He does radio work for a sports station. The father told me that he is never totally off the job because he is constantly posting on twitter and blogging. One aspect of the "clicking" world that is stressful relative to job performance is that it is measurable. If the clicks drop off your boss is likely to schedule a meeting inquiring what is the problem.

were you a member back when Tim used to post? it was such a great thing to have him. weekly he'd drop by and entertain us and field questions; this before twitter and such ws so popular.

Good article--many thanks for posting. I agree with most of what Dunne wrote, other than perhaps resigning Bradham, unless it's cheap. I had high hopes this year, but he didn't meet them, and thinking back, only had one real good season with us. Even if we resign him, we need another quality LB next year.

were you a member back when Tim used to post? it was such a great thing to have him. weekly he'd drop by and entertain us and field questions; this before twitter and such ws so popular.

Yes I was. I thought that he was subjected to some unnecessary assaults. It's obvious that he had a chargeable fuse but there were some personal attacks regarding his integrity and professionalism that made him depart the scene. With his departure another woman who was connected (can't remember her name/Julie/Laura??? ) also bolted in support of TG. The incident that outraged her had to do with questioning TG's sources and challenging him to reveal it. She then said go to hell and joined TG out the door.

Whatever happened to John W of AP? He also was a frequent contributor. He liked exotic beer and considered himself a music afficionado. Some people were bothered by the fact that he wasn't an organizational cheer leader. The die hard loyalists prefer conformity to independent thought. Not I. Some people prefer a smaller room filled with group thinking. I don't.

Edited by JohnC

I think Dunne is closer to being a Chris Brown than anyone else from the News... he writes a lot on what the team wants to see in the press, in turn they'll throw him a bone every now and then. Still a good read though for what it is.

Disagree, Rico. He's way better than that.

Edited by dave mcbride

Yes I was. I thought that he was subjected to some unnecessary assaults. It's obvious that he had a chargeable fuse but there were some personal attacks regarding his integrity and professionalism that made him depart the scene. With his departure another woman who was connected (can't remember her name/Julie/Laura??? ) also bolted in support of TG. The incident that outraged her had to do with questioning TG's sources and challenging him to reveal it. She then said go to hell and joined TG out the door.

Whatever happened to John W of AP? He also was a frequent contributor. He liked exotic beer and considered himself a music afficionado. Some people were bothered by the fact that he wasn't an organizational cheer leader. The die hard loyalists prefer conformity to independent thought. Not I. Some people prefer a smaller room filled with group thinking. I don't.

Wasnt her name Lorie? She added a lot but she had bolted before due to the boards crudeness at times. Then the Tim Graham stuff and she's beens gone from here for good. She used to do some very good pre-game analysis stuff also..... anyway, it was a better conversation when she was here.

Wasnt her name Lorie? She added a lot but she had bolted before due to the boards crudeness at times. Then the Tim Graham stuff and she's beens gone from here for good. She used to do some very good pre-game analysis stuff also..... anyway, it was a better conversation when she was here.

Bingo! That's the girl, Lorie. As you noted she did some excellent pre-game analysis. If I recall correctly she got really upset with the way Tim G was treated. I don't recall where she worked or if she did some independent work in the media field. As you noted she was a good contributor who decided to bolt from the scene.

Bingo! That's the girl, Lorie. As you noted she did some excellent pre-game analysis. If I recall correctly she got really upset with the way Tim G was treated. I don't recall where she worked or if she did some independent work in the media field. As you noted she was a good contributor who decided to bolt from the scene.

Lori Chase. She is a sportswriter in Port Allegany, PA. Great lady, sports fan, and really good solid writer.