Recap season by Tylor Dunne

JohnC

I thought this was a fair and balanced analysis of what happened this season. In this BN column he offers what he thinks is the best approach to take this offseason. Tyler Dunne was very thoughtful and objective in his article.

I would be interested in how others view his analysis??

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/ten-things-the-bills-should-do-to-get-a-jump-start-on-2016-20160109

Edited by JohnC

I thought this was a fair and balanced analysis of what happened this season. In this BN column he offers what he thinks is the best approach to take this offseason. Tyler Dunne was very thoughtful and objective in his article.

I would be interested in how others view his analysis??

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/ten-things-the-bills-should-do-to-get-a-jump-start-on-2016-20160109

I thought it was terrific. He is quickly becoming my favorite. Can't disagree with any of his analysis. Hope the Bills follow the same path.

I agree that Dunne is becoming my only "must read" columnist in the Snooze's bullpen. Good article, I think he shoud've added extending Gilmore to his list (lowers his cap number and if they do the deal right would allow the team to walk away from Gilmore just as Darby's rookie deal is up), but otherwise it's a solid article.

Very good read, thanks OP. I only take issue with this one section:

"If they go 3-13 next season, they’ll have the money to start over. If they go 10-6, playoffs or no playoffs, the patience will have paid off."

That should read:

"If they miss the playoffs next season, they’ll have the money to start over. If they make the playoffs, the patience will have paid off."

As far as his other points, I really hope they don't screw up the TT contract situation, I've got a bad feeling there. "We'll be alright if he leaves, we've still got EJ!" I think Pegs may have to step in & make sure TT gets paid.

Very good read, thanks OP. I only take issue with this one section:

"If they go 3-13 next season, they’ll have the money to start over. If they go 10-6, playoffs or no playoffs, the patience will have paid off."

That should read:

"If they miss the playoffs next season, they’ll have the money to start over. If they make the playoffs, the patience will have paid off."

As far as his other points, I really hope they don't screw up the TT contract situation, I've got a bad feeling there. "We'll be alright if he leaves, we've still got EJ!" I think Pegs may have to step in & make sure TT gets paid.

I'm confident that they'll work TT's deal out if he plays well enough next season. I agree with Dunne though that there is no rush to get the deal done. Taylor will want to come back to Buffalo, they not only gave him the chance to be a starter, they have #14 to throw the ball to. Everything I've seen/read about the guy says to me he's not going to chase the big money just to get paid. He wants to win and seems to be really taking over a leadership role in this franchise.

If he lives up to his end of the bargain, the Bills will keep him around. imo

I'm confident that they'll work TT's deal out if he plays well enough next season. I agree with Dunne though that there is no rush to get the deal done. Taylor will want to come back to Buffalo, they not only gave him the chance to be a starter, they have #14 to throw the ball to. Everything I've seen/read about the guy says to me he's not going to chase the big money just to get paid. He wants to win and seems to be really taking over a leadership role in this franchise.

If he lives up to his end of the bargain, the Bills will keep him around. imo

I wrote that wrong, I can see them wanting to keep him if he performs, but I can also see DW trying to get too clever for his own good & not offering what he's worth.,,, just a hunch based on his recent comments that should've been far more glowing IMO re:TT. than they were..

this was nothing new or different than what is posted by the knowledgeable mass here.

You're right. There are some very high quality posters who are also very insightful.

I thought that the analysis was excellent and the writer wrote with great clarity.

No one has to agree with all his points but it is obvious that he is very thoughtful and fair-minded.

I wrote that wrong, I can see them wanting to keep him if he performs, but I can also see DW trying to get too clever for his own good & not offering what he's worth.,,, just a hunch based on his recent comments that should've been far more glowing IMO re:TT. than they were..

When has he shortchanged a player in his entire career?

I didn't see your original post which was earlier than mine. If I would have I wouldn't have started this thread but instead responded in your thread. Sorry about that.

If the sheriff could merge the thread it would be most appreciated.

I might suggest Whaley was just fronting. he is excited as hell about tyrod

I might suggest Whaley was just fronting. he is excited as hell about tyrod

We'll see... just a hunch. Like I have said, I would feel a lot better about him if he would cut his boy EJ, who he was genuinely excited as hell about.

We'll see... just a hunch. Like I have said, I would feel a lot better about him if he would cut his boy EJ, who he was genuinely excited as hell about.

these are issues i prefer not to get ahead of. I think it is wise to see how TT comes out next year.

He did say he would pay the Man if he continues his trajectory. I think he will and he will too.

But..

still have Fitz contract nightmares

You're right. There are some very high quality posters who are also very insightful.

I thought that the analysis was excellent and the writer wrote with great clarity.

No one has to agree with all his points but it is obvious that he is very thoughtful and fair-minded.

I fully agree. It was not said disparaging Dunne, it was a musing of the sites features and knowing who to read and how to read them. Dunne would be a great member of this board and I wish he would join. Maybe one day Timmy will come back, too.

There are times with Dunne that I think he has his fingers right on the pulse of the fans. Some of the tactics used and types of journalism he has done with the headlines and drawing to conclusion type of hype - it attracts clicks.

He reminds me of a young Timmy Graham.

Has some more damning comments re Mario that haven't been published before.

I think Dunne is closer to being a Chris Brown than anyone else from the News... he writes a lot on what the team wants to see in the press, in turn they'll throw him a bone every now and then. Still a good read though for what it is.

I think Dunne is closer to being a Chris Brown than anyone else from the News... he writes a lot on what the team wants to see in the press, in turn they'll throw him a bone every now and then. Still a good read though for what it is.

I see just the opposite. Dunne is the one writer for the news who actually does a lot of his own homework and digs deeper and interviews people outside of the inner circle for interesting components other TBN writers don't get, except for when Graham writes his long form features.