Beerball

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is everyones opinion on....

YANNICK NGAKOUE?

CBF

Say yes to Yannick...just not before the 4th/5th round.

He's got good explosion and is a very high-effort type. Good athlete with great production.

The limitations are that he's got very short arms and is close to being maxed-out athletically--not sure he can add much more weight or trim pounds to get quicker. He's also got a limited pass rush repertoire and struggles with pad level.

To me, he looks like he can contribute as a 3rd or 4th pass rusher early on, but will need a fair amount of polish before he can be considered a factor for more than 15-20 snaps/game.

Say yes to Yannick...just not before the 4th/5th round.

He's got good explosion and is a very high-effort type. Good athlete with great production.

The limitations are that he's got very short arms and is close to being maxed-out athletically--not sure he can add much more weight or trim pounds to get quicker. He's also got a limited pass rush repertoire and struggles with pad level.

To me, he looks like he can contribute as a 3rd or 4th pass rusher early on, but will need a fair amount of polish before he can be considered a factor for more than 15-20 snaps/game.

He was the only guy in 2014 that I saw beat the crap out of Brandon Scherff on a regular basis.

Probably the backup to Hughes initially. Maybe a contender for base SAM snaps down the line if he can get a bit bigger/stronger.

Compares pretty well to Jeremiah Attaochu and Jonathan Newsome. Perhaps I have a type at edge rusher. Got a 4th round grade on him.

Not sure if I believe this.

@walterfootball

Combine Medical Recheck: Bad news for Jaylon Smith. @DraftCampbell reports some teams have him in Rounds 6-7 - http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftrumormill.php

I hope that the NFL has the sense to let him drop enough to let his insurance policy pay out in full. That'll be the 74th pick.

I fully anticipate that he'll be a Day 3 pick. There's just too much risk associated with his injury.

I hope that the NFL has the sense to let him drop enough to let his insurance policy pay out in full. That'll be the 74th pick.

I fully anticipate that he'll be a Day 3 pick. There's just too much risk associated with his injury.

I hope that he is taken with the 80th pick myself, if the Doc thinks he'll be good to go in 2017.

I hope that he is taken with the 80th pick myself, if the Doc thinks he'll be good to go in 2017.

The problem right there is 'thinks'. It's all guesswork, the nerve coming back could be weeks, months or years down the line.

It'll take a brave team to draft him. Wherever he ends up, I'll hope for the best for him. Chances are that he's another Marcus Lattimore, as sad as that idea is.

As of yesterday, the Bills' medical staff had not yet received and studied the required information from the Combine Health Rechecks that will help them make a determination on Smith.

The problem right there is 'thinks'. It's all guesswork, the nerve coming back could be weeks, months or years down the line.

It'll take a brave team to draft him. Wherever he ends up, I'll hope for the best for him. Chances are that he's another Marcus Lattimore, as sad as that idea is.

But really though, you're talking about passing up a Jonathan Meeks or a Reggie Corner in order to take a chance on a high-ceiling potential superstar. Given Whaley's questionable track record after Round 2, I'd rather he took a chance on a guy like Smith than waste another pick on a Tony Seward or a Cyril Richardson.

But really though, you're talking about passing up a Jonathan Meeks or a Reggie Corner in order to take a chance on a high-ceiling potential superstar. Given Whaley's questionable track record after Round 2, I'd rather he took a chance on a guy like Smith than waste another pick on a Tony Seward or a Cyril Richardson.

I wouldn't fault them for taking the chance. I was kinda sceptical about Jaylon as a fit for the Bills before the injury but it would be a risk I wouldn't mind them taking. Just not too early.

+1, I'm with you on the potential superstar over a potential starter/potential back up line of thinking. Always depends on who else is available, but I would have a hard time passing on Smith in the third unless the docs say no Bueno.