2016 Draft LB thread

Beerball

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@nfldraftscout

As a former coach, can I have 11 players on defense with Elandon Roberts' passion and leadership?

I have to believe that as analysts catch onto him, NFL teams have already done so--I had previously thought he was a possibility in the 6th, whereas I now think a team that wants him shouldn't risk him getting past the end of the 5th.

@LesBowen

NFL source calls Myles Jack "a time bomb" whose knee could give him several good years, or not. Bone and cartilage starting to break away.

@SI_PeterKing

Peter King Retweeted Les Bowen

Varying feeling on Jack. Remember: 14 teams failed Anthony Munoz on his pre-draft physical. Might be best LT ever.

I smell a lot of smoke with these reports. A lot.

But part of me hopes it's real so he slides. He won't, but I'm still dreaming.

I smell a lot of smoke with these reports. A lot.

But part of me hopes it's real so he slides. He won't, but I'm still dreaming.

Yeah sucks that the two best LB's are hurt though. The Smith situation is more interesting to me because he is a possibility for us. With the way his insurance policy is written the lower he gets drafted the more money he gets. Part of me wonders if once they realized the significance of the injury him and his agent knew they had to protect themselves and declaring him out for 16' will maximize that policy. I have no doubt he will sit out but making that announcement so early and eliminating any chance of playing is dollars and sense.

Yeah sucks that the two best LB's are hurt though. The Smith situation is more interesting to me because he is a possibility for us. With the way his insurance policy is written the lower he gets drafted the more money he gets. Part of me wonders if once they realized the significance of the injury him and his agent knew they had to protect themselves and declaring him out for 16' will maximize that policy. I have no doubt he will sit out but making that announcement so early and eliminating any chance of playing is dollars and sense.

I'm interested in Smith as well, you're right that he's more likely to be available when the Bills pick and I like the idea of trading down to get some extra picks and Smith near the bottom of Round 1. I would have no issues with that even with him sitting a year. It's not my ideal scenario, but I'd take it.

Myles Jack worked out for the Jaguars on Monday and looked unaffected by his knee injury.

@SiriusXMNFL

Darron Lee (@DLeeMG8): I can cover anybody on the field, IMO. Pass rush as well. I don't envision myself coming off the field on 3rd down.

Darron Lee (@DLeeMG8): People say I cant get off blocks but Im still learning the position and the technique and I'm a quick learner.

@SiriusXMNFL

Darron Lee (@DLeeMG8): I can cover anybody on the field, IMO. Pass rush as well. I don't envision myself coming off the field on 3rd down.

Darron Lee (@DLeeMG8): People say I cant get off blocks but Im still learning the position and the technique and I'm a quick learner.

Interesting introspection : )

@SiriusXMNFL

Interesting introspection : )

True and he's absolutely right. His mother might be a social media thorn, but IMO he is going to be a stud, and Buffalo will be fortunate if he is on the board at 19. #LeePlease...