Boobie reiterates what some of us knew...

The Big Cat

No players took control of this team.

Folks, this is the opposite of the inmates running the asylum. This entirely obliterates the argument that Rex can't control his players. You can't control men who aren't willing/able to control themselves.

These are professional athletes.

These are grown men.

Spare me the babysitter excuse.

They had an opportunity to seize their own fate, and they failed:

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/12/22/the-bills-havent-had-any-players-only-meetings-this-season/

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That Rex failed because he never called players-only meetings for his team?

Makes sense.

Yeah, that's what I meant.

Leadership in an organization, whether it be football or not, create an environment that people in that organization follow. The Bills this year look so much the Jets teams while Rex was there it's impossible to not see the correlation. Rex fosters an environment of individuals who can say and do whatever they want, with no repercussions, and that's what you see from these players. There's very little "team" atmosphere coming out Buffalo at the moment, and that starts at the top.

Edited by Acantha

Leadership in an organization, whether it be football or not, create an environment that people in that organization follow. The Bills this year look so much the Jets teams while Rex was there it's impossible to not see the correlation. Rex fosters an environment of individuals who can say and do whatever they want, with no repercussions, and that's what you see from these players. There's very little "team" atmosphere coming out Buffalo at the moment, and that starts at the top.

The babysitter excuse then.

What people should realize after this season is that the talent on this team is overrated, they lack football smarts, lack leadership and accountability.

It's sad to see that the casuals are tearing Rex apart when the failure is mostly on the players here.

Yeah ever since we lost Searcy our defensive leader we've fallen apart. He's what made us great last year and it isn't Rex's fault.

Then again I'm casual as I please.

Yup. Do the players share blame for the issue? Sure. Does creating that atmosphere fall strongly on a head coach? Definitely. It's not a new issue for Rex.

The babysitter excuse then.

Sure, if that's what you need to say to feel better about your argument. Leadership is not babysitting. If it's everyone is supposed to be doing their own thing, there's no reason for a head coach to begin with. Players take care of themselves with no oversight, coordinators come up with the game plan each week and give it to the players to practice.

Sure sounds better than all of this babysitting garbage.

Yeah ever since we lost Searcy our defensive leader we've fallen apart. He's what made us great last year and it isn't Rex's fault.

Then again I'm casual as I please.

Using sarcasm to mask the fact that a key defensive leader went down seven quarters into the season. Bold strategy.

They haven't called a players only meeting because there is no clear cut leader on the team. Fred was IT, but he's gone. Eric Wood is close, but he's not it.

It should be obvious who the leader in the room is. Unfortunately for the Bills, there is no guy yet. Hopefully someone will ascend to this position, until then, we'll have pockets of togetherness led by guys like Wood. But until there's a clear-cut guy who's the leader, the Bills will struggle.

Hopefully the adversity known as the "2015 season" will be this team's "Bickering Bills" moment - when Jim Kelly's Bills turned their fortunes around.

Sure, if that's what you need to say to feel better about your argument. Leadership is not babysitting. If it's everyone is supposed to be doing their own thing, there's no reason for a head coach to begin with. Players take care of themselves with no oversight, coordinators come up with the game plan each week and give it to the players to practice.

Sure sounds better than all of this babysitting garbage.

I think you (and other fans like you) are sorely mistaken about what leadership is.

What I see is a coach leading his players to the water. And you fans like you saying he failed them for not telling them/forcing them to drink it.

That's the problem with a players coach. Coach's need to be leaders. This guys are young, and need a mentor. The players, left alone, will have a me mentality.

I am trying to remember one play this year where the defense stepped up and made a key play.

Well said!

That's the problem with a players coach. Coach's need to be leaders. This guys are young, and need a mentor. The players, left alone, will have a me mentality.

I am trying to remember one play this year where the defense stepped up and made a key play.

The Jerry Hughes strip sack in Miami 2.

Sammy said almost the same thing

"So Watkins took ownership of this mess. He was honest. His words cut like a knife. To him, it's not on the coaches. No, it's on the players to be more accountable. He wants a team-wide fear in Buffalo that — at any moment — you could be cut."

https://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/12/20/sammy-watkins-wants-accountability-if-youre-not-going-to-do-your-job-cut-him/