Spotify vs. Pandora

boyst

Now, I know I asked about music at work, and I have since got an Harmon Kardon Onyx, at the suggestion of the President of the Alaska Shower Club. I stream to tablet from hotspot but I have one amazing question.

Why is Spotify better than Pandora? I go to stations on Spotify and it seems to play a loop of songs, maybe 20? I go to Pandora and add multiple stations - I have strange tastes (bluegrass, jazz, hard rock and alt rock, old country, 80's, Taylor Swift and Kanye, 90's country, and country).

I don't need to discover new music, I am fairly content with what Pandora lines up for me, though, I hear songs a lot. What am I missing out on?

I am very close to just subscribing to Sirius App for my phone since they cut off streaming to the Stiletto.

I use Rhapsody, which is essentially the same as spotify. I pay the ten bucks a month, which seems like a lot, but you get unlimited downloads of your own music, plus radio. So if you download more than one album a month on iTunes, Rhapsody/Spotify etc. are worth every penny.

Why would I need unlimited downloads of my own music? It's already downloaded everywhere I need it.

A guy at work last year was raving about Spotify but I also didn't get it. Pandora is $5/month and I can play it via the smart phone with a bluetooth speaker or right through the TV. You have all the different stations you want -- I have the Xmas station, the Thanksgiving station, the jazz station, the 80s station and the disco station for when my daughters throw all the sofa cushions on the floor and have a dance party. It works just fine and requires almost no effort.

It's the Vice-Treasurer of the Vermont Shower Club, actually. I use the Spotify pay service. It costs me 8 bucks a month and I can listen to whatever I want, whenever I want. There are a few artists that don't allow their music on Spotify though (Beatles). You can make playlists, and even download them so you can play where you don't get Wifi/reception. I love it...worth every penny.

Edit: How do you like your speaker? Good as advertised?

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

It's the Vice-Treasurer of the Vermont Shower Club, actually. I use the Spotify pay service. It costs me 8 bucks a month and I can listen to whatever I want, whenever I want. There are a few artists that don't allow their music on Spotify though (Beatles). You can make playlists, and even download them so you can play where you don't get Wifi/reception. I love it...worth every penny.

Just announced, Beatles coming to all major streaming companies Christmas Eve.

Why would I need unlimited downloads of my own music? It's already downloaded everywhere I need it.

A guy at work last year was raving about Spotify but I also didn't get it. Pandora is $5/month and I can play it via the smart phone with a bluetooth speaker or right through the TV. You have all the different stations you want -- I have the Xmas station, the Thanksgiving station, the jazz station, the 80s station and the disco station for when my daughters throw all the sofa cushions on the floor and have a dance party. It works just fine and requires almost no effort.

I like Pandora and was thinking of Spotify seeing the play lists with Pandora seem limited. But having read this, and others, I'm sticking with Pandora.

I prefer Spotify to Pandora simply because they have licenses to many more songs. We listen to music a lot, and Pandora repeats far too often for heavy listening.

As an alternative, try Songza playlists or Jango Radio.

I prefer Spotify to Pandora simply because they have licenses to many more songs. We listen to music a lot, and Pandora repeats far too often for heavy listening.

As an alternative, try Songza playlists or Jango Radio.

I agree with the short Pandora playlists but I have, for example, 4 jam band stations that I listen too. They are all very different with the playlist and who's on it.

And where I listen to music the most is in my car and I have I don't know how much music downloaded there and it's my music not someone else's playlist.

I agree with the short Pandora playlists but I have, for example, 4 jam band stations that I listen too. They are all very different with the playlist and who's on it.

And where I listen to music the most is in my car and I have I don't know how much music downloaded there and it's my music not someone else's playlist.

Yeah, I think it's different use case for a commuter vs all-day listener. At home, radio or online streams are basically on for 18 hours. Pandora gets very old, very fast.

Spotify has something like 30 million songs vs Pandora's 10 mil

radioparadise.com

commercial free and they don't spy on you

details?

love it. Bang for buck, have one at work and in house.well worth the price. Surprised it has 4 speakers. I played some def leppard so loud if vibrated off my desk and luckily fell in to a box of packaging foam.

Yeah, I think it's different use case for a commuter vs all-day listener. At home, radio or online streams are basically on for 18 hours. Pandora gets very old, very fast.

I enjoy Pandora because I mix all my genres to get great playlists. Of course it's mainly artists on my playlist. Spotify doesn't seem to allow that

Spotify has something like 30 million songs vs Pandora's 10 mil

details?

love it. Bang for buck, have one at work and in house.well worth the price. Surprised it has 4 speakers. I played some def leppard so loud if vibrated off my desk and luckily fell in to a box of packaging foam. I enjoy Pandora because I mix all my genres to get great playlists. Of course it's mainly artists on my playlist. Spotify doesn't seem to allow that

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-08-21/youve-been-warned-spotify-wants-spy-you-every-way-imaginable

I started with Pandora but the more and more I listened the more and more Indie music I was able to discover which isn't a bad thing but if there was one specific band or song you could never do it with the free Pandora. You can't really do with the free Spotify either unless make a specific playlist which at times can be time consuming.