Tyrod Taylor and the Heroic Run to 7-9

UBBullsfan

I'm sorry but where does the Aaron Rodgers comparison come from?

They both play quarterback? They both sat to start their careers? You do know that Rodgers was a 1st RD draft pick chosen to be groomed into the next franchise guy, right?

Please read before jumping in. His point was that Tyrod is too old to get better. So I brought up another QB who started at an older age in the NFL and improved afterwards.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First time poster. Long time follower.

It is absolutely crazy how many bills fans are so down on Tyrod. This guy has crazy talent and is only gonna get better. So a downfall on Tyrod is he only passed the ball 11 times in a game? Come on you are reaching there. Does he make an occasional bad mistake? Absolutely, I would love for you to show me a QB that doesn't especially one in his first year as a starter. Our problem is not Tyrod, not in the least bit. The bright side of this crap season has been Tyrod, Darby, Richie, Karlos and McCoy. We need changes on both sides of the ball but QB is not one of those spots.

Please read before jumping in. His point was that Tyrod is too old to get better. So I brought up another QB who started at an older age in the NFL and improved afterwards.

I read it just fine. You're not being truthful. Aaron Rodgers was 24 when he started. Tyrod will be 27 next season.

That's actually a good question. I would say that this a big unknown. But it sounds like you already believe there is little opportunity to get better.

Aaron Rodgers sat for 3 years and started in the NFL at about the same age as Tyrod and got better. It can happen. I have no idea what will happen.

Rodgers was 25 when he was given the reins and his first full year was pretty impressive. 4000 yards @ 63% comp rate, 28 TDs 13 int, with a QB rating of 93.8 and rushed for over 200 yards and 4 TDs.

Maybe Rodgers has had a slight improvement as GB has gotten better talent around him. If you threw all of Rodgers years unlabeled into a hat and pulled them out one at a time you would have a hard time figuring out which was his first full year.

I read it just fine. You're not being truthful. Aaron Rodgers was 24 when he started. Tyrod will be 27 next season.

Why are you adding a year to Tyrod and not Rodgers? You are trying WAY too hard.

Rodgers sat for 3 years. Tyrod sat for 4 years. Not very different. One year difference on the bench.

Why are you adding a year to Tyrod and not Rodgers? You are trying WAY too hard.

Rodgers sat for 3 years. Tyrod sat for 4 years. Not very different. One year difference on the bench.

Tyrod Taylor will start next season at 27. Aaron Rodgers was already a SuperBowl MVP.

You jump into a thread without reading. Sorry, you're either lazy or have the inability to read. Not helping you.

What? I've been in this thread the whole time? You jumped in with your Aaron Rodgers science.

Please explain why I should expect Tyord Taylor to improve drastically because one time Aaron Rodgres, in an entirely different situation, looked incredible and lived up to the expectation of his scouting report? I'm not lazy or unwilling to read so please, enlighten me.

What? I've been in this thread the whole time? You jumped in with your Aaron Rodgers science.

Please explain why I should expect Tyord Taylor to improve drastically because one time Aaron Rodgres, in an entirely different situation, looked incredible and lived up to the expectation of his scouting report? I'm not lazy or unwilling to read so please, enlighten me.

I have spelled out the point made over and over. It goes over your head.

QB's that sit on the bench can get better. There you go.

This guy is 0-5 on game tieing drives in the 4th quarter. He is mostly a one read quarterback. Almost all of his throws are to the sidelines. He is good at the deep ball, but we have had other QBs that were good at the deep ball since Kelly retired. Didn't get us anywhere.

WOW, when you put it that way it really hits home how long it's been since the Bills made the playoffs. Twin towers was ages ago.

Here's another one that gives you an idea how long it's been. If a kid was born 1996 he wouldn't really understand football for the first 4 years of his life, so that would take us to the year 2000.

From 2000 until end of this season it will be 16 years they haven't made the playoffs!!!!! So that kid would now be 20 years old and in his second year of college without ever seeing his team play in the post season. Can you believe that ? Can you believe a team could be that bad for that long? It's mind boggling.

The kid wouldn't be a kid anymore. He would be a man and drinking age before his team even had a chance to make the playoffs. And that's just a chance, not saying it wouldn't be a lot longer before they make it. All I can say is WOW! WOW! Unbelievable.

Let me jump in here, because I can see both sides of this debate...

I don't expect Tyrod to improve in certain areas, but I do think that there's the possibility that an offseason of being coached as the starting QB, in the same system, can breed certain improvements. Mostly, the game should slow down for him. If and when that happens, we should see improvement in his field vision, and release time. Pocket presence? Who knows. It's one aspect of QB play that I just can't come to terms with; I don't know if it's innate or if it can be developed.

No one should be comparing Tyrod Taylor to Aaron Rodgers during the first year of him ever playing the game. It's purely ridiculous. Tyrod Taylor wasn't a first round draft pick and has never EVER been on his level in the NFL or in College. Tyrod is fine, give the dude a damn break he's out there playing his butt off and it just took 200+ pass attempts for him to throw an interception. You guys are bugging out about Tyrod, it's really embarrassing.

This guy is 0-5 on game tieing drives in the 4th quarter. He is mostly a one read quarterback. Almost all of his throws are to the sidelines. He is good at the deep ball, but we have had other QBs that were good at the deep ball since Kelly retired. Didn't get us anywhere.

The twin towers were standing the last time the Bills played a playoff game.

Yeah!

It sucks that we didn't draft that stud QB because we had Tyr...

I mean, it sucks that we didn't pick up that stud FA QB because we had Tyr...

Wait, I mean, it sucks that we left that stud backup QB sit on the bench because we had Tyr...

Nobody's annointing Tyrod as the franchise savior. What he is is the best QB on this roster right now, and a guy that's going to go into next year as the starter if they don't draft a better QB or a better FA QB comes along. You can make that argument about every position on the team.

This o-line and d-line need revamped, our linebacking and safety corp need revamped, we need depth all around, we need a kicker, we need a receiver to put opposite Sammy, we need to get disciplined, we need to fix whatever it is that's causing our special teams play to get carved up for yardage, we need an offensive identity... Tyrod's one of many, many issues on this team, yes, but he's far from being the biggest issue.

Yeah!

It sucks that we didn't draft that stud QB because we had Tyr...

I mean, it sucks that we didn't pick up that stud FA QB because we had Tyr...

Wait, I mean, it sucks that we left that stud backup QB sit on the bench because we had Tyr...

Nobody's annointing Tyrod as the franchise savior. What he is is the best QB on this roster right now, and a guy that's going to go into next year as the starter if they don't draft a better QB or a better FA QB comes along. You can make that argument about every position on the team.

This o-line and d-line need revamped, our linebacking and safety corp need revamped, we need depth all around, we need a kicker, we need a receiver to put opposite Sammy, we need to get disciplined, we need to fix whatever it is that's causing our special teams play to get carved up for yardage, we need an offensive identity... Tyrod's one of many, many issues on this team, yes, but he's far from being the biggest issue.

Whoa...

I don't know you...

But you're okay in my book

Based on games. There were at least 2 times yesterday when he could have converted on third down by using his feet. Instead he threw the ball downfield for incompletions. He often makes the right choice, not always.

Beer...

That is one game. You know that.

A QB doesnt maintain a stat line like TT has over the course of the season by making bad decisions. If he were truly bad at making decisions he would not have a low interception rate because opposing defenses would lock onto tendicies and shut him down.

Come on people....your smarter then this

Beer...

That is one game. You know that.

A QB doesnt maintain a stat line like TT has over the course of the season by making bad decisions. If he were truly bad at making decisions he would not have a low interception rate because opposing defenses would lock onto tendicies and shut him down.

Come on people....your smarter then this

its not the only time & since you didn't seem to understand the post you quoted I thought I'd try to help you see through those rose colored glasses you wear. I could point to instances in each game. No one expects perfection (other than FC) but he needs to improve his game. Yesterday was one for the burn barrel.

The twin towers were standing the last time the Bills played a playoff game.

He has played better than most of the QB's we have had since Flutie but I'm with you management needs to have plan B ready as well. There is a reason he was a back-up for four years. He might get better but as the old saying goes "wish in one hand and "crap" in the other; see which gets filled first"

So none of the rest of the team should be factored into this?

- Not the defense that has been abysmal

- Not the drops by WR's

- Gotta look at play calling as well

What does the defense have to do with game-trying drives? You often play tight games for the opportunity to get the ball last with a chance to win. I'm not saying every loss is Tyrod's fault or that any single loss is entirely his - it's just that when the game calls for a QB to step it up at the end, he continually falls short.

Think about this - just this one play- it was third and long- TT extends the play and keeps his eyes down field- Sammy refuses to come back for the ball. If he does its a first down and the chains move. Our receivers habitually quit on their routes.

I very much agree with this. Our WRs coach needs a pink slip.

Also, how many good plays are called back by penalty? I seem to remember a lot of 3rd downs where TT made a great play to pick up the first, only to be called back for holding, and now its 3rd and 18 instead of a first down. Then TT "only" gets us 15 yards and we punt.

What does the defense have to do with game-trying drives? You often play tight games for the opportunity to get the ball last with a chance to win. I'm not saying every loss is Tyrod's fault or that any single loss is entirely his - it's just that when the game calls for a QB to step it up at the end, he continually falls short.

My point is that in some of these games Tyrod was scoring points in attempts to bring us back and fell short.

If they were not behind to begin with perhaps he doesnt fall short on game tieing drives?

People seem to forget what this team was supposed to be predicated on at the beginning of the season.....without Tyrod Taylor we are picking possibly top 5 in this next draft.....

My point is that in some of these games Tyrod was scoring points in attempts to bring us back and fell short.

If they were not behind to begin with perhaps he doesnt fall short on game tieing drives?

People seem to forget what this team was supposed to be predicated on at the beginning of the season.....without Tyrod Taylor we are picking possibly top 5 in this next draft.....

I understand your point, but I don't think it's much to ask of the offense to go win it 5 or 6 times in a season at the end with the game on the line. Heck, if he's even just .500 in those situations we're talking about a totally different record.

John, he had two tries to get a field goal with the season on the line and he didn't come close.

It is symptomatic that he doesn't perform well under pressure. The 1st (and 2nd Patriot game). The Giant game. The Chiefs game. The Eagles game. Did anyone really feel in their guts that Taylor could knock the socks off of the opposing defense and win the game with his arm? My gut told me no. Just like when EJ tried to manufacture a final drive against the Jags. Didn't you just know that it wasn't going to happen?