Tyrod Taylor and the Heroic Run to 7-9

UBBullsfan

Why are you adding a year to Tyrod and not Rodgers? You are trying WAY too hard.

Rodgers sat for 3 years. Tyrod sat for 4 years. Not very different. One year difference on the bench.

Honestly this comparison is a nonsense one. Rodgers put up all pro numbers his first year. Tyrod is not. And thats ok. He isnt even on Rodgers trajectory. Once again... thats fine. Why cant we just sit back and let 1 player. Just 1 learn without getting too high or too low on them. I know its not football but its what ilI know. Jerry Stackhouse was all world at NC went to the league and Philly booed him out of the stadium. Once he got settled. He was an all star. I say this to say. If someone shows promise. No matter how bad they look early on. Ride the wave. Enjoy watching the progress. Nurture the kid. In my eye. There is absolutely no way he deserves a 20 mil per contract. But there is no reason to rip this kid to shreds either. If people would just let it happen. We have 2 of the 3 qbs we need here already. You wana go get that franchise prodigy. Do it. But why bash the youngsters we have. 7 years of nfl tenure. 27 flippin starts between them?

The problem is we have been down so long that people want qb Jesus in the flesh. Well i can tell you... your pigskin messiah ain't coming to buffalo. Love OUR team. And support who lines up every week. A change is gonna come

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Taylor is a "pure scrambler" (there is no such thing) then why didn't he take off on at least 2 occasions when he could have easily picked up a first down against Philly?

Good question. Why didn't he take off on at least 2 occasions when he could have easily picked up a first down against Philly?

I understand that I don't have enough posts for my opinion to be taken seriously, BUT, I feel like we have a throw away culture in Buffalo. We run coaches, players, etc. Out of town. We are not going to the playoffs this year, but we are young, talented and exciting to watch. We probably get one more year with Roman. Maybe we see what an off season of certainty looks like for one year, solid at QB, RB, and WR's. If nothing else, it's something to build on.

As long as Brady is at the helm we won't win the division, period. I think if we back off and quit being so dramatic, don't call for Rex, Tyrod's, who evers head and give plans an opportunity to work, players an opportunity to develop, we will end the streak of heart break.

Except Whaley, he's ruing our team for sure...

I understand that I don't have enough posts for my opinion to be taken seriously, BUT, I feel like we have a throw away culture in Buffalo. We run coaches, players, etc. Out of town. We are not going to the playoffs this year, but we are young, talented and exciting to watch. We probably get one more year with Roman. Maybe we see what an off season of certainty looks like for one year, solid at QB, RB, and WR's. If nothing else, it's something to build on.

As long as Brady is at the helm we won't win the division, period. I think if we back off and quit being so dramatic, don't call for Rex, Tyrod's, who evers head and give plans an opportunity to work, players an opportunity to develop, we will end the streak of heart break.

Except Whaley, he's ruing our team for sure...

How so?

If Taylor lights it up this sunday will you eat your words UBBULLSFAN? As Beerball pointed out your looking through rose colored glasses- take a step back and look at the big picture of this one player in what is arguably the toughest position to play in any team sport.

If the job is too hard for you, don't do it. Play in a local flag football league for recreation.

But if you want a 100 million dollar contract extension, you better be darn good, which Taylor is not.

If the job is too hard for you, don't do it. Play in a local flag football league for recreation.

But if you want a 100 million dollar contract extension, you better be darn good, which Taylor is not.[/quote

So what your saying is after 8 years of college you have learned how to dance around a question! Sweet, carry on Taylor is bad the God spoke...cheers

But if you want a 100 million dollar contract extension, you better be darn good, which Taylor is not.[/quote

So what your saying is after 8 years of college you have learned how to dance around a question! Sweet, carry on Taylor is bad the God spoke...I have an idea since your the educated quarterback expert. Inform the whole board as if you were a quarterback coach exactly what the young 1st year starting QB is doing so wrong from fundamentals to everything in between. And then tell everyone what he is doing right. And no googling etc. Basically, be the coach and enlighten us all with your uber infinite wisdom. And one reminder- many of us on this board have played/coached the game- 3,2,1 GO

No one should be comparing Tyrod Taylor to Aaron Rodgers during the first year of him ever playing the game. It's purely ridiculous. Tyrod Taylor wasn't a first round draft pick and has never EVER been on his level in the NFL or in College. Tyrod is fine, give the dude a damn break he's out there playing his butt off and it just took 200+ pass attempts for him to throw an interception. You guys are bugging out about Tyrod, it's really embarrassing.

Basic science

Honestly this comparison is a nonsense one. Rodgers put up all pro numbers his first year. Tyrod is not. And thats ok. He isnt even on Rodgers trajectory. Once again... thats fine. Why cant we just sit back and let 1 player. Just 1 learn without getting too high or too low on them. I know its not football but its what ilI know. Jerry Stackhouse was all world at NC went to the league and Philly booed him out of the stadium. Once he got settled. He was an all star. I say this to say. If someone shows promise. No matter how bad they look early on. Ride the wave. Enjoy watching the progress. Nurture the kid. In my eye. There is absolutely no way he deserves a 20 mil per contract. But there is no reason to rip this kid to shreds either. If people would just let it happen. We have 2 of the 3 qbs we need here already. You wana go get that franchise prodigy. Do it. But why bash the youngsters we have. 7 years of nfl tenure. 27 flippin starts between them?

The problem is we have been down so long that people want qb Jesus in the flesh. Well i can tell you... your pigskin messiah ain't coming to buffalo. Love OUR team. And support who lines up every week. A change is gonna come

My original point has been lost. Carry on.

Do anyone else want to see EJs last hurrah??

No sir. He is a backup at this point. I dont believe it is his last hurrah.

christ

Nobody is saying that there is not

Nova,

In all serious do you REALLY think TT is afraid to do anything on that field?

This is a guy that gets out and blocks for the running back on designed runs....knowing full well that he is putting himself in a position to get destroyed by a 250 pound heatseaking missile linebacker

IMO this is by design....he is being TOLD not to run all the time and work on his skills throwing from within the pocket. If he is being coached to do it then is the fault Tyrods? We dont know.

Lets not make him out to be fitz on the lead blocks

Weird, coming into this game Taylor was amongst the league leader in 4th quarter production...and I think he was 3rd if not mistaken. But I guess a fact-less rant stating otherwise is more accurate.

Oh, and theres that pesky thing of missing half his OL, multiple WR's, his TE, and multiple RBs too. Ah, and there is that other pesky thing of it being his first year as a QB. Oh, and that other pesky thing about how he's played hurt almost the entire year.

In other words, Taylor is not the problem and he has been most often the sole reason we have either been in games or won games. So maybe direct your rant elsewhere, the kid doesn't deserve it.

He stated facts. We are winless when we threw 30 times. And BS Lesean mccoy is who carries this team. Point blank. He was NEVER the sole reason we were in games. We win when he plays well.

I want the best QB available. I don't care for the pecking order.

There is no pecking order if you dont have favre brady manning 98-13 rodgers. You keep striving when this is your reality. No one should ever be safe on a team that cant win

He stated facts. We are winless when we threw 30 times. And BS Lesean mccoy is who carries this team. Point blank. He was NEVER the sole reason we were in games. We win when he plays well.

There is no pecking order if you dont have favre brady manning 98-13 rodgers. You keep striving when this is your reality. No one should ever be safe on a team that cant win

Exactly. Either be good enough to not have to worry, or you have to deal with competition.

Not many.

He hasn't even taken a contract. Are you seriously criticizing him in the framework of a hypothetical contract that hasn't even been mentioned by OBD yet?

No im criticizing him based on the rose colored glasses that many posters here are wearing. I have said... and will continue to saym he isnt anything special..

Yet. I am saying im tired of reading delusional posts. Im saying im tired man. Enough. His first campaign. He is not a top 5 qb yet. He is not the teams backbone yet. He is just 1 of the 11 on offense. He has done bare mininum to say he has solidified his starting job next year. We are drafting a qb. And we might have one.... not compete with ej... but with tyrod for the number 1.