Tyrod Taylor and the Heroic Run to 7-9

UBBullsfan

It is true that he is the best QB of the drought, but that's like saying he is the fastest Honda Civic

Along with Rex Ryan, TT is going to kill the Bills long-term. Yes, he is a great athlete and makes some exciting plays. But is is not big enough to withstand the punishment of an NFL season and has already lost time this year. In addition, his size limits what he can do in the pocket and does not have the consistency to win game after game. yes. he will win some games and be fairly average, but you are looking at 8-8 seasons with little hope of upside. We need to find a QB who can win from the pocket. Who knows if we will ever found one and means that TT will be good enough to remain the starter, but not good enough to make the clutch throws is small windows and the Bills will continue to go with him and we will be stuck in neutral for a long time. The team has bigger problems right now than TT, but will never progress to consistent winning with him.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not a teenager John, he's 26. He should be trusted to read the field by now. But, suspiciously, Roman doesn't seem to want to let him do that. Is Roman afraid of what he might see?

He IS being trusted to read the field......he is a starting QB in the NFL and according to the statistics a pretty darn good one

He IS however a 1st year starter....he has been holding a clipboard and barely had ANY game experience prior to this year in the NFL

I really dont understand peoples thinking sometimes.....what you have is a EXPERIENCED ROOKIE.....you do not have a 2 or 3 year starting qb. You have a QB that has less then a years starting experience.

He is playing better then the top 2 rookies of this last draft (which was considered a strong QB draft)....he takes care of the ball.

I swear to christ I think people would be more happy if he was throwing 3 TDs a game....300 yards....and 2 picks.....

Trust me....a QB that doesnt throw the ball away is MUCH more valuable.

He IS being trusted to read the field......he is a starting QB in the NFL and according to the statistics a pretty darn good one

He IS however a 1st year starter....he has been holding a clipboard and barely had ANY game experience prior to this year in the NFL

I really dont understand peoples thinking sometimes.....what you have is a EXPERIENCED ROOKIE.....you do not have a 2 or 3 year starting qb. You have a QB that has less then a years starting experience.

He is playing better then the top 2 rookies of this last draft (which was considered a strong QB draft)....he takes care of the ball.

I swear to christ I think people would be more happy if he was throwing 3 TDs a game....300 yards....and 2 picks.....

Trust me....a QB that doesnt throw the ball away is MUCH more valuable.

Alex Smith doesn't throw picks. Brett Favre did. A lot. Who would you rather have on your team? Edited by UBBullsfan

Alex Smith doesn't throw the ball away. Brett Favre did. A lot. Who would you rather have on your team?

One of them is a hall of fame player.....

One of them was horrible in his initial years and turned into a good qb

By the way...Alex Smith and TT are NOTHING alike.....the only thing they have in common is they take care of the ball.

also

This team would have been THRILLED to have Alex Smith at a certain point. He is the definition of game manager.

One of them is a hall of fame player.....

One of them was horrible in his initial years and turned into a good qb

By the way...Alex Smith and TT are NOTHING alike.....the only thing they have in common is they take care of the ball.

also

This team would have been THRILLED to have Alex Smith at a certain point. He is the definition of game manager.

I would never be OK with Alex Smith as my QB. Stuck in mediocrity. The Chiefs try to do what the Bills tried to do: good defense, good running game, decent passing game. Doesn't get it done. You need an elite quarterback.

I would never be OK with Alex Smith as my QB. Stuck in mediocrity. The Chiefs try to do what the Bills tried to do: good defense, good running game, decent passing game. Doesn't get it done. You need an elite quarterback.

really? So you would have sat out last years playoff game(s)? Cause this team would have been there with a slightly above average QB. (& Smith is that)

What is wrong with you?

Nothing. Like I said, reallocate some of that hope to TT. Not healthy to bottle it up in one player.

its not the only time & since you didn't seem to understand the post you quoted I thought I'd try to help you see through those rose colored glasses you wear. I could point to instances in each game. No one expects perfection (other than FC) but he needs to improve his game. Yesterday was one for the burn barrel.

I don't expect perfection but by gum, I want it.

really? So you would have sat out last years playoff game(s)? Cause this team would have been there with a slightly above average QB. (& Smith is that)

Chiefs were in playoffs two years ago and they got embarrassed. What's wrong with hoping to go all the way?

He's much better than past QBs, for sure. I wish the Bills could just put a complete team together.

If it's not the offense, it's the defense or vice versa. Just be a complete team for once!

Thats a crazy fact. We had an offense that with the exception of the san fran game... EVEN under fitz that put up numbers. The defense stunk and how about the Takeo Spikes Posey Fletcher years? NO OFFENSE. We havent even had a completely average team in atleast 10-15 years

The 5th rated QB in the NFL is dragging the Bills down!

PTR my UB bretheren. That 5th rated qb thing is the most flawed thing we can use at this point. He is nowhere near tops in TD passes yards attempts completions. WINS! yeah qbrs ratings and percentages but you know and i know. Because i respect you immensely. That his numbers are largely a product of the system that sees him throw 10-25 times. Hell, EJ backup Manuel threw 40 plus times... what is that telling you? Yes the Jax game he dug himself into a hole. The cincy game... not the case. Any qb who can not win when asked to do what other qbs are doing should not-- i repeat-- should not be in any discussion for a top 10 qb.

He's played 11 games and already has 2 game winning drives according to the TV cast yesterday

You say already. Andrew luck h

Almost had 1 a week as a rookie. EJ has had comeback drives. Once again. Why are we defending him. He is learning... im not of that mind but ill go with it... we shouldnt be anointing until we see what he can do after year 1 ATLEAST. Do they even let him check out of plays yet. All seriousness

Chiefs were in playoffs two years ago and they got embarrassed. What's wrong with hoping to go all the way?

I believe that the first (& most important) step is getting there.

Is that what we're arguing? We should flush every QB who may not be able to win the big one until we find one who can win the big one? Is that really what you're saying because it appears that that is exactly what you're saying. How long do you suppose this process will take?

Is that what we're arguing? We should flush every QB who may not be able to win the big one until we find one who can win the big one? Is that really what you're saying because it appears that that is exactly what you're saying. How long do you suppose this process will take?

Certainly more than 16 years. :lol:

Have to draft a clear cut 1st round quarterback. No more Losman and EJ Manuel gambles.

The one positive that can be taken from this disappointing season is that we have a qb who may be a good franchise qb. Do we know for sure? Of course not. But anyone who is fair-minded has to acknowledge that he has most of the attributes (other than height) that a good qb has to have.

As a passer he has the arm, touch and accuracy required to be a starter. It is readily apparent that he isn't very proficient in going through his progressions from the pocket but he has gotten better. Next year we should have a better sense as to whether he can master the challenge of making more than one read before throwing the ball.

The addition of TT, a four year backup who decided to sign with us, was an unexpected bonus that few of us thought would materialize the way it did. If Rex was instrumental in that acquisition then he should be credited for it.

If TT continues to improve, as I believe he will, then this team finally has the essential piece that at the minimum will allow this team to seriously compete. Putting things in perspective it is more important to have a capable qb established as our starting qb than to barely qualify for a wild-card spot this year.

The one positive that can be taken from this disappointing season is that we have a qb who may be a good franchise qb. Do we know for sure? Of course not. But anyone who is fair-minded has to acknowledge that he has most of the attributes (other than height) that a good qb has to have.

As a passer he has the arm, touch and accuracy required to be a starter. It is readily apparent that he isn't very proficient in going through his progressions from the pocket but he has gotten better. Next year we should have a better sense as to whether he can master the challenge of making more than one read before throwing the ball.

The addition of TT, a four year backup who decided to sign with us, was an unexpected bonus that few of us thought would materialize the way it did. If Rex was instrumental in that acquisition then he should be credited for it.

If TT continues to improve, as I believe he will, then this team finally has the essential piece that at the minimum will allow this team to seriously compete. Putting things in perspective it is more important to have a capable qb established as our starting qb than to barely qualify for a wild-card spot this year.

a "good franchise QB". What's wrong with a great franchise QB? Move up in the draft to select a true 1st round talent. Tyrod Taylor to me is no different than Thad Lewis save for his running ability. They are both strong armed, one read quarterbacks.

a "good franchise QB". What's wrong with a great franchise QB? Move up in the draft to select a true 1st round talent. Tyrod Taylor to me is no different than Thad Lewis save for his running ability. They are both strong armed, one read quarterbacks.

The two top qb prospects in last year's draft were taken #1 and #2. In the Luck year he was the first player drafted. Ideally every team would want to have a great franchise qb. But in reality few teams have an opportunity to select one. If that is the case what do you want us to do? Cry and fall down into the fetal position lamenting our plight?

Is TT simply a one read qb? Maybe now he mostly is but that doesn't mean he always will be. Players develop with good coaching and good player work ethic. As I said in the prior post I see a qb prospect who has demonstrated that he can play well enough to be a starter. Next year we should have a better understanding as to whether he can develop into a good starting NFL qb. Most players are not instantly good, especially at that challenging position. They develop into being good players by working hard and learning from experience.