Josh McDaniels/Nick Caserio to Cleveland?

YoloinOhio

Coveted Josh McDaniels open to leaving Pats if fit is right

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/25402826/mcdaniels-a-coveted-head-coaching-candidate-could-leave-new-england

Caserio has interviewed for GM jobs in the past and decided to stay in NE. If mcdaniels leaves I think Caserio goes with him. Mcdaniels is from Canton and went to John Carroll with Caserio. Browns need both a HC and GM (most likely). He says he is open to going to a "rebuilding franchise"

This is the best case scenario for Cleveland long term. And I would love to see mcdaniels move on from NE because I think he's a great OC.

Here's what went down a year and a half ago: McDaniels was Mike Lombardi's choice for Browns HC to the point where he was told that interviews were a formality. Haslam was just getting wise to who Lombardi is and decided to make his own decision. He nixed the McDaniels hire, fired Lombardi (GM) and Banner (Pres), retained Farmer and hired Pettine. Lombardi now works for the Patriots and has sniped at the Browns through intermediaries pretty much constantly since his dismissal. There is no way Haslam is considering McDaniels. This is just Lombardi stirring the pot again.

It worked out so well last time they hired the hot coordinator from an AFC East team.

The browns would probably have more luck just going without a coach or GM

Lmao. That's hilarious.