Gilmore Injury Updates: Placed on IR

because he's in the best system to utilize his playing style? And the team is actually doing pretty well despite probably narrowly missing the playoffs. Why wouldn't he stay?

We have different definitions of narrowly. Every year a team goes from the outhouse to the penthouse, but we never seem to be that team. We're realistically a few years away from a Super Bowl. Gilmore will have his pick of contenders, so he should be able to get paid and go to a team that can compete for the prize.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have different definitions of narrowly. Every year a team goes from the outhouse to the penthouse, but we never seem to be that team. We're realistically a few years away from a Super Bowl. Gilmore will have his pick of contenders, so he should be able to get paid and go to a team that can compete for the prize.

i define narrowly as that most of their losses this year were narrow. I think most of them they were driving to win or tie at the end. The season could have gone either way. They are on their way up with all the young players and new ownership, not on their way down. No matter where you go, you don't know if you will compete for a SB. Can't control that. People predicted the Ravens, Colts, etc this year. Not even close. If you are 25 and choosing a team for 5 years you are going to want one on the upward swing, not one with an aging team. Jmo.

I actually think Jacksonville is another team on the rise.

i define narrowly as that most of their losses this year were narrow. I think most of them they were driving to win or tie at the end. The season could have gone either way. They are on their way up with all the young players and new ownership, not on their way down. No matter where you go, you don't know if you will compete for a SB. Can't control that. People predicted the Ravens, Colts, etc this year. Not even close. If you are 25 and choosing a team for 5 years you are going to want one on the upward swing, not one with an aging team. Jmo.

I'm just not sure the Bills are on the upswing. They are talent-wise, but coaching? For me, no. Jax is showing signs of life, but then there's Maroon. Can't get behind that. If I'm Gilmore, I follow Fred to Seattle, or maybe I go for the sun and fun in Phoenix.

I'm just not sure the Bills are on the upswing. They are talent-wise, but coaching? For me, no. Jax is showing signs of life, but then there's Maroon. Can't get behind that. If I'm Gilmore, I follow Fred to Seattle, or maybe I go for the sun and fun in Phoenix.

Seattle cannot afford Gilmore because of a little thing called the salary cap. At any rate, I doubt the Bills will let him get away given that we're in the era of Pegula.

While certainly this year has not worked out the way anyone expected in regards to coaching, of the last four people to coach the Bill's which drew more excitement that Rex's hire. Rex made one huge mistake in thinking he could take the players we had and adapt them to his system and immediately be just as good if not better. As has been pointed out last few games things have got better. Will be shocked if you don't see other styles of players brought in this off-season. Think you need to give it another year before ready to give up. If you and many others are really correct and Rex truly is a terrible coach, got to give him credit for one thing, pulling off the greatest charade to get hired using smoke and mirrors.

While certainly this year has not worked out the way anyone expected in regards to coaching, of the last four people to coach the Bill's which drew more excitement that Rex's hire. Rex made one huge mistake in thinking he could take the players we had and adapt them to his system and immediately be just as good if not better. As has been pointed out last few games things have got better. Will be shocked if you don't see other styles of players brought in this off-season. Think you need to give it another year before ready to give up. If you and many others are really correct and Rex truly is a terrible coach, got to give him credit for one thing, pulling off the greatest charade to get hired using smoke and mirrors.

the Bills biggest problem this offseason is they need 1-2 DL to replace Mario and/or Kyle, a LB and a safety to upgrade and fit the scheme. Other than than that they have the same job the rest of the teams have - draft for the present and future and sign their own guys they want to keep. They have drafted well and signed well in FA. Keep building for the scheme. Edited by YoloinOhio

To quote Mario...a lot of the Bills don't know whats going onwith Rex's D. Thats what happens when you change coaches on the D four years in a row. The coaches get it, but the players don't know all the complexity. Of course, I don't understand why Mario and Darius are dropping into coverage.(so some fans don't get it either) Those guys are supposed to go after the passer. I think Rex is outthinking himself all the time. Mc Kelvin is an NFL starter caliber CB. If he is gone next year, he will play someplace else and do well. It will be our loss.

You mean Leodis Mckelvin "Greer-Winfield"?

Why would any free agent want to stay in or come to Buffalo? Nearly anywhere except Cleveland and Jacksonville would be better from a football standpoint, assuming money being equal.

Did you read the news that Pegulas, not Wilson, own the team now?

You know who actually tackles very well? R. Darby

Darby> Gilmore in all aspects of the game, including hair

You... are... about... to... be killed sir

No gilmore, probably no clay, Mills starting.....Draft talk should be heating up! Lose, Lose, Lose please

Losing out wouldnt give us a great pick so whats the point

With Bortles and Yeldon... absolutely

Given that the trading deadline has come and gone, there is no way to get him onto New England****'s roster.

I am sure the Hoodie knows away around that rule ...

Why does everyone hate on McElvin?

Because his name is difficult to spell? Even you can't and you are trying to support him.

No gilmore, probably no clay, Mills starting.....Draft talk should be heating up! Lose, Lose, Lose please

Sounds like you are the Loser-in-Chief.

Not really. Ron Brooks is back. :)

so yes really..

That is probably true