Trump Alone at the Top

Rasmussen from August. I imagine numbers may have changed, but polls showed 19% of Dems would support Trump's 3rd party run. Counting for about half of those wishing for an easier path for Hillary, still leaves you with 10%.

Don't pretend that crazy is a sole province of the GOP voting base.

not pretending. my guess is the demographics would look similar to republicans that support him. fortunately, it's a much smaller portion of the dem party.

It looks like Trump is going all out to get Hillary elected by a landslide , and I don't like either Clinton.

This reminds me of George Wallace running for president.

Many here expressed these very same sentiments when he first tossed his toupee into the ring. He's a closet Clinton supporter.

how bout this analogy: repugs failure to convincingly denounce trump is akin to muslim leaders failure to convincingly denounce extremist groups that call themselves muslims.

how bout this: you're a closed-minded **** and always will be.

Please name everyone who comprises the 55% of elected Republicans who have not denounced this.

We'll wait.

geez, basic math and now reading. what must have been your SAT scores? I wrote "rank and file", that by definition,excludes leaders.

not pretending. my guess is the demographics would look similar to republicans that support him. fortunately, it's a much smaller portion of the dem party.

Now it's "my guess is..."

Big surprise.

geez, basic math and now reading. what must have been your SAT scores? I wrote "rank and file", that by definition,excludes leaders.

Please list us all the "rank and file" Republicans you know who have personally refused to denounce Trump's idiocy.

Oh wait...let me take a stab at this...your response is going to start with "my guess is..."

It's a wonder BOCES ever let you in their program.

Many here expressed these very same sentiments when he first tossed his toupee into the ring. He's a closet Clinton supporter.

Here's the upshot. Let's say that it was his initial intention, and the strategy was to sound outrageous enough to splinter away enough of the wide GOP base to ensure a Hillary victory. But Trump being Trump is ratcheting up the outrageousness and his support is not falling. He may think this is for real now.

Big surprise.

Please list us all the "rank and file" Republicans you know who have personally refused to denounce Trump's idiocy.

Oh wait...let me take a stab at this...your response is going to start with "my guess is..."

BOCES is a lot like Med School. Once you get in, they do everything they can to keep you in the program and then graduate. It's a blight on Med Schools if they flunk out any of their dead weight. It's really, really bad for their recruitment and their alumni associations donations fall precipitously in inverse proportion to the rate of their flunkies.

Big surprise.

unlike you, I prefer reasoned analysis of data. anecdotes are nearly useless. what I hear from an aquaintance that supports trump is a single nearly meaningless data point. multiple data points like this is what have more meaning: http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/04/politics/donald-trump-poll-cnn-orc-national/index.html. and the further analysis of this data into demographics is what I find particularly useful (and what I would immediately examine if I could find the Rasmussen poll showing 19% of dems supporting trump. these aren't guesses. they are estimates. and some are better than others. I refer you to the last prez election for evidence of that.

"Republican voters are most sharply divided by education. Among those GOP voters who hold college degrees, the race is a close contest between the top four contenders, with Cruz slightly in front at 22%, Carson and Rubio tied at 19% and Trump at 18%. Among those without college degrees, Trump holds a runaway lead: 46% support the businessman, compared with 12% for Cruz, 11% for Carson and just 8% for Rubio."

Edited by birdog1960

Here's the upshot. Let's say that it was his initial intention, and the strategy was to sound outrageous enough to splinter away enough of the wide GOP base to ensure a Hillary victory. But Trump being Trump is ratcheting up the outrageousness and his support is not falling. He may think this is for real now.

That is a distinct possibility and I have considered that as well. He's the Chuck Schumer of the Republican party. He won't back down and will get right into an opponent's face - even when the opponent is the MSM, and he loves, loves, loves the camera and spotlight.

He's somewhat akin to Nelson Rockefeller in many ways which doesn't appeal to large parts of the party these days. But some of his messages have struck a chord in mainstream America. The left wing loonies of the Democunt party are going apoplectic about him - which is a delight in and of itself.

At this point I think I agree that he could very well be the nominee. If he does become POTUS, there still won't be a Republican in that office. IMO.

That is a distinct possibility and I have considered that as well. He's the Chuck Schumer of the Republican party. He won't back down and will get right into an opponent's face - even when the opponent is the MSM, and he loves, loves, loves the camera and spotlight.

He's somewhat akin to Nelson Rockefeller in many ways which doesn't appeal to large parts of the party these days. But some of his messages have struck a chord in mainstream America. The left wing loonies of the Democunt party are going apoplectic about him - which is a delight in and of itself.

At this point I think I agree that he could very well be the nominee. If he does become POTUS, there still won't be a Republican in that office. IMO.

if you truly believe that trump is running for Hillary and doing so very successfully, what does that say about the republican primary electorate? trump doesn't do anything for anyone but himself. he is a textbook narcissist.

if you truly believe that trump is running for Hillary and doing so very successfully, what does that say about the republican primary electorate? trump doesn't do anything for anyone but himself. he is a textbook narcissist.

What does it say about Hilary?

Choose The Form Of Your Destructor.

“Choose the form of the Destructor,” says the demon in Ghostbusters. Bill Murray, et al., got the giant Stay Puft Marshmallow Man. Our political and media elites, on the other hand, got Donald Trump.

Everyone is aghast at Trump’s latest plan, to suspend all immigration by Muslims. But it’s no coincidence that Trump’s announcement came less than a day after a limp, toneless speech by President Barack Obama on terrorism, one that left Americans feeling much less safe.

After the September 11, 2001 attacks, then-president George W. Bush made clear that Muslims weren’t our enemy: Radical Islamists were. Because Bush took steps against those radical Islamists that made people feel safer, there was no significant anti-Muslim backlash, though all the bien-pensant types thought it certain that those rubes in flyover country would get violent.

Obama, on the other hand, responded to an attack by Islamic State-linked Muslims with a mixture of pablum and an effort at distraction by talking about gun bans for people on the no-fly list. (Even lefty publications like the LA Times and Slate thought that idea dumb). Before that attack took place, Obama was already polling terribly on terror: According to a CNN/ORC poll taken between 11/27 and 12/1, only 33% of Americans approved of Obama’s handling of ISIL; 64% disapproved. I doubt that Obama’s ratings will improve when the post-San Bernardino polls come in.

And Obama’s public statements have seemed weak and mired in PC, even as many Americans grow increasingly worried about Islamic terrorism. As Josh Kraushaar wrote in National Journal, “Demo­crats are at risk of polit­ic­ally mar­gin­al­iz­ing them­selves on na­tion­al se­cur­ity in the run-up to the 2016 pres­id­en­tial elec­tion, ca­ter­ing to a base that seems dis­con­nec­ted from the grow­ing anxi­ety that the pub­lic feels over the threat from Is­lam­ic ter­ror­ism. ... The signs of a pres­id­ent in deni­al over the threat of ter­ror­ism keep pil­ing up.”

Nobody steps on a Mosque in my town!!!

Edited by B-Man

What does it say about Hilary?

that she's in bed with special interests. so is every other candidate, except perhaps bernie. but I don't see her conspiring with trump. this is a wacko conspiracy theory.

Edited by birdog1960

unlike you, I prefer reasoned analysis of data. anecdotes are nearly useless. what I hear from an aquaintance that supports trump is a single nearly meaningless data point. multiple data points like this is what have more meaning: http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/04/politics/donald-trump-poll-cnn-orc-national/index.html. and the further analysis of this data into demographics is what I find particularly useful (and what I would immediately examine if I could find the Rasmussen poll showing 19% of dems supporting trump. these aren't guesses. they are estimates. and some are better than others. I refer you to the last prez election for evidence of that.

"Republican voters are most sharply divided by education. Among those GOP voters who hold college degrees, the race is a close contest between the top four contenders, with Cruz slightly in front at 22%, Carson and Rubio tied at 19% and Trump at 18%. Among those without college degrees, Trump holds a runaway lead: 46% support the businessman, compared with 12% for Cruz, 11% for Carson and just 8% for Rubio."

So you are suggesting that because Trump is ahead in the polls, that 55% of the electorate refuses to denounce his ban on Muslims entering the country?

By your reasoned analysis of data, that must mean 56% of the Democrats support leaving four Americans for dead in Benghazi and lying to the country about a Youtube video.

There are times you really need to unplug, and this is one of those times. You're borderline incoherent.

Do people realize that these polls are completely without validity? An "online" poll?

Those here took who took stats 101 understand....a poll with equal validity would be....9/10 people think Obama is a Muslim born in Kenya.... based on callers to the Baurle show,,,,

Edited by baskin