Brock Osweiler

The_Dude

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's an unrestricted free agent after this year...

Does he resign with the Broncos without testing the market? I doubt it.

Do the Broncos franchise him? I doubt it and not sure if they can afford that.

This is a unique and interesting situation and he'll have zero problems seeing over the line.

Thoughts?

Can someone please explain to me why this kid is considered so good? Is it because of 2 wins? I mean JP Losman strung together 2 wins...so did Tebow and a plethora of other terrible QB's. Who the hell cares about the wins, how about someone talk about how he played. Just OK.

Lets be honest, the defense and the run game beat the Pats more so than Brock. Not to take anything away from this kid, but geezus, he's been anointed the heir to the NFL over these 2 wins by a TALENTED team. Its not like the kid came out and threw 5 or 6 TDs over the 2 games and won the games for them.

So can we please pump the brakes on the Brock train already, he hasn't been lighting it up.

How is that relevant?

On page one in this thread he criticized Buddy for not drafting Osweiler and held it up as another example of poor management. There's nothing wrong with questioning anything, but it reeks of the usual mentally lazy 20/20 hindsight arguments presented around here. Especially when Osweiler hasn't done a damned thing in this league to this point.

If he can point me to his threads urging Buddy to draft him at the time, then I'll gladly reconsider.

GO BILLS!!!

On page one in this thread he criticized Buddy for not drafting Osweiler and held it up as another example of poor management. There's nothing wrong with questioning anything, but it reeks of the usual mentally lazy 20/20 hindsight arguments presented around here. Especially when Osweiler hasn't done a damned thing in this league to this point.

If he can point me to his threads urging Buddy to draft him at the time, then I'll gladly reconsider.

GO BILLS!!!

I still don't see the point. People often absolve our GMs (Lord Whaley more than Nix) by saying we haven't had any opportunities to snag a good QB despite the fact that several have been available. If Osweiler turns out to be good it will be yet another example of a missed opportunity.

How does the use of hindsight, or whether a message board poster personally declared Osweiler a top prospect, invalidate that point?

Can someone please explain to me why this kid is considered so good? Is it because of 2 wins? I mean JP Losman strung together 2 wins...so did Tebow and a plethora of other terrible QB's. Who the hell cares about the wins

The name that I think of is Rob Johnson. A great game in relief in Jax jacked his price way up, but wasn't worth it.

I still don't see the point. People often absolve our GMs (Lord Whaley more than Nix) by saying we haven't had any opportunities to snag a good QB despite the fact that several have been available. If Osweiler turns out to be good it will be yet another example of a missed opportunity.

How does the use of hindsight, or whether a message board poster personally declared Osweiler a top prospect, invalidate that point?

The use of hindsight to declare a mistake was made in the absence of any previous foresight suggesting it would ever be a mistake in the first place is lazy.

If anyone here wants to step up right now and declare which players it will be a mistake to pass on in the next draft I can respect that. Waiting several seasons to point fingers is not impressive in the least.

GO BILLS!!!

If you take Taylor's stats this season & average them out over a course of a 16 game schedule he would have 3,800 yards, 24 tds & 11 ints. I think anyone of us would of signed up for that in the beginning of the season. My point is it would be a big mistake to get rid of TT next year unless something clearly better is an option(Rivers/Brees). Has he been perfect no & the bills have not one as much as we all would of hoped for but he has earned the starting job for next year with the way he has plasyed for the most part this year.

Agree with this statement. Hes still a rookie in terms of starting so I bet he will be much better at reading the DEF, steppin up in the pocket, anticipating throws and using the middle of the field by the start of next season.

Brock will re-sign with the Broncos. Hes playing decent and Manning having issues only solidifies Denver aggressively re-signing Brock cuz Qbs are hard to find and Denvers playing too good to get a good 1st round pick this draft.

If you take Taylor's stats this season & average them out over a course of a 16 game schedule he would have 3,800 yards, 24 tds & 11 ints. I think anyone of us would of signed up for that in the beginning of the season. My point is it would be a big mistake to get rid of TT next year unless something clearly better is an option(Rivers/Brees). Has he been perfect no & the bills have not one as much as we all would of hoped for but he has earned the starting job for next year with the way he has plasyed for the most part this year.

Its not just about the stats because if you watched him beat the NE Patriots in overtime in Denver you would have seen the talent in this young man. Broncos GM doesn't make many mistakes, and I have to think there is a solid reason that he drafted this kid, and is allowing him to replace Payton Manning. He is 2-0 in his starts @ Chicago, and his team just beat the undefeated New England Patriots!

While the Denver defense has been great all season so far they sure didn't stop Brady with 1:09 left in the game to drive the NE offense down the field to tie the game. Then Osweiler managed to score 17 points against that NE defense in the 4th quarter. That last TD pass he threw in the 4th was perfect.

I like the kid a lot and am interested to see how the Broncos progress with him at QB.

The use of hindsight to declare a mistake was made in the absence of any previous foresight suggesting it would ever be a mistake in the first place is lazy.

If anyone here wants to step up right now and declare which players it will be a mistake to pass on in the next draft I can respect that. Waiting several seasons to point fingers is not impressive in the least.

GO BILLS!!!

When your job is prospecting the ONLY way to assess job performance is looking back once the results are in and seeing who got it right.

Also, message board posters are not experts. We're judging highly paid talent scouts with unfettered access to game film and player data. Their whole job is to do this. Unless the poster is suggesting that he himself should be the GM it's wholly irrelevant what he thought because he's not the professional talent evaluator.

Your argument is not much different from suggesting that if I had a professional financial advisor invest my money and he built a portfolio that underperformed the market that I can't criticize his performance because I'm using hindsight and I didn't tell him what stocks to pick. Do you see the problem with that argument?