Week 13: Texans' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

26CornerBlitz

78 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Bills Beat Houston on Sunday?

• Yes! They'll be back in the Wildcard Race.
    • No! They'll be Done.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@billsupdates

Another must-win game for Bills against Texans (5 things to watch in Week 13) http://ow.ly/VuhcS

Speaking of "must win" games, I believe this is their 4th of the season -- they are 3-0 in the first three. The game @ Tennessee was a must win; they were coming off a bad loss to the Giants and could not afford to drop to 2-3. The home game vs. Miami was a must win, and I felt the game @ NYJ was also a must win. I'm on record in my other thread that the game @ KC was important but not crucial.

Time to keep that "must win" record perfect, Buffalo.

Speaking of "must win" games, I believe this is their 4th of the season -- they are 3-0 in the first three. The game @ Tennessee was a must win; they were coming off a bad loss to the Giants and could not afford to drop to 2-3. The home game vs. Miami was a must win, and I felt the game @ NYJ was also a must win. I'm on record in my other thread that the game @ KC was important but not crucial.

Time to keep that "must win" record perfect, Buffalo.

I can't argue that.

I could argue the KC was a must win being in the last 6 games and needing to secure a small buffer in the WC hunt.

This is a must win or done game.

Key to winning this game IMO is a heavy dose of running directly at Watt with Felton lead blocking

Make no mistake...the Texans will throw the ball deep and have success just like the Chiefs did. While McCoy is part of the plan, the main plan on offense should be to beat the Texans by outscoring them through the air.

Can Roman drop the conservative play calling for a full game? Can Tyrod Taylor have two good halves? Can Tyrod use his legs much more? Can he finally get that elusive "signature" win?

Can the Bills defense get a turnover? Can the Bills hold on to the ball?

These are the key to winning this game IMO.

@TexansPR

.@HoustonTexans Friday Practice & Game Status Report (12/4):

CVZfXRZXAAI5zsS.png
Who wins the defensive battle: Texans or Bills? (2:29)
The "Around the NFL" crew brings us headlines from the future - but two of the heroes disagree on which defense will be more dominant in Week 13 - the Houston Texans or the Buffalo Bills.

Jordan Mills expected to start at right tackle Sunday
With Seantrel Henderson doubtful with an illness, Jordan Mills will make his first start for Buffalo Sunday.

Scouting Report - Wk 13 - Bills-Texans
The Bills are in a must win situation against a streaking Texans team that has won four straight and held opponents to less than 10 points per game in that span.

Rex Ryan: Friday Injury Update (3:04)
HC Rex Ryan answers questions regarding the players on friday's injury report.

Final injury report
Click here to find out the latest injury information for the Bills heading into this week's game against the Houston Texans.

Make no mistake...the Texans will throw the ball deep and have success just like the Chiefs did. While McCoy is part of the plan, the main plan on offense should be to beat the Texans by outscoring them through the air.

I'm sure they'll try but I don't think Hoyer will have the success Smith had. Smith is a far better QB, despite the fact he usually only throws short. D.Hop is good, probably as good or maybe better than Maclin, but Shorts is JAG as is Strong and Washington. They also don't have anyone like Kelce to take coverage away from the boundaries.

I'm sure they'll try but I don't think Hoyer will have the success Smith had. Smith is a far better QB, despite the fact he usually only throws short. D.Hop is good, probably as good or maybe better than Maclin, but Shorts is JAG as is Strong and Washington. They also don't have anyone like Kelce to take coverage away from the boundaries.

All they need is Hopkins. Basically Hoyer will run around with all day to throw looking for Hopkins to get open. This is not the 2015 Bills defense. The pass rush is not there for numerous reasons.

IMO this game will boil down to which combo has the much better game...Hoyer and Hopkins or Taylor and Watkins.

All they need is Hopkins. Basically Hoyer will run around with all day to throw looking for Hopkins to get open. This is not the 2015 Bills defense. The pass rush is not there for numerous reasons.

IMO this game will boil down to which combo has the much better game...Hoyer and Hopkins or Taylor and Watkins.

As we've seen with Sammy, taking one WR off the field is not impossible, even for this defense. They did it against Gronk, and he's far more dangerous than Hopkins. But we will see.

Edited by Deranged Rhino

Getlin: J.J. Watt is underappreciated (2:18)

NFL Media’s Rand Getlin and the "NFL HQ" crew discuss defensive powerhouse J.J. Watt and share their thoughts on how he and the Houston Texans can get a victory over the Buffalo Bills in Week 13.

What are the keys to winning Texans- Bills? (2:00)

NFL Media's Brian Billick discusses the playoff ramifications of the Texans - Bills matchup in Week 13 of the 2015 NFL season and what each team needs to do to get the win.

I expect not if the home crowd is VERY LOUD

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Key to winning this game IMO is a heavy dose of running directly at Watt with Felton lead blocking

Thank you. and this time felton hits someone, preferably Watt in the nards

This is something Clemson fans will be watching for sure.

and we should too.

@TheBuffaloNews

Ralph regulars can’t stand fans who won’t sit down. http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/12/04/standing-spectators-get-a-rise-out-of-regular-bills-fans/

CVb4cKvU8AAoZ8K.jpg
Texans' offense, Bills' defense will keep each other guessing
During their four-game winning streak, the Texans have mixed things up on offense, while Rex Ryan always keeps opponents guessing.

Texans remain as healthy as they can be at this point in season
Alfred Blue is banged up and J.J. Watt missed some practice time, but no one on the Texans is listed as worse than probable on the injury report.

@TyDunne

New at the BN Blog: #Bills D-Line coach Dunbar says Mario Williams still a threat in this defense... http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/12/05/dunbar-says-mario-williams-still-a-threat-in-bills-defense/

@WGR550

Bills havent sacked QBs, but how do they stack up overall on D? http://bit.ly/1YRfpjD

@billsupdates

#Bills vs. #Texans NFL football weather: Warmer than normal for Sunday's game http://ow.ly/Vxto3

#Bills vs. #Texans 2015: Preview, odds, prediction for Week 13 http://ow.ly/VxsKZ

@salmaiorana

Fans this week were calling for Rex Ryan to be fired. Here's my column outlining how stupid that would be http://on.rocne.ws/1XQqHCv

via @DandC

Texans ‘D’ keeps shorter QBs in pocket

They’ve done it more than once this season and with great success. When facing a quarterback that is not of prototype height, Houston’s defense forces the opposing signal caller to stay in the pocket and make throws from there. Shorter QBs sometimes do not have as clear a view downfield when forced to stay in the pocket unless a passing lane opens up, and with the way the Texans can collapse the pocket it makes it supremely difficult to string positive plays together.

Just ask Drew Brees. At six-feet tall, Brees often rolls out or manipulates the pocket with his feet to target receivers downfield. Last week, as we covered in our scouting report, the Texans did not allow him to do that. The result was a passing day in which Brees, a career 66 percent completion passer, managed to connect on just under 57 percent of his passes. He also was held without a touchdown pass for the first time in 45 games and threw an interception.

@BuckyBrooks

Talent has definitely keyed the @HoustonTexans defensive success. Don't underestimate the impact of 8 1st-rounders

CVjQPfdVEAAW8O3.jpg

@mikefreemanNFL

Watt the last 5 games: 27 tackles, 9.5 sacks, 30 QB hits, 12 tackles for loss, 1 forced fumble. Good lord.

@AdamBenigni

Increased security here at the Ralph is obvious for all to see. @wgrz

CVjWt_pW4AA_may.jpg

@BuffaloBillsPR

.@buffalobills RB LeSean McCoy can become the 4th #Bill to ever go over 100+ scrimmage yds in 6 straight games today

CVjNf0TVAAElWWI.jpg
No @buffalobills WR has ever gone for 150+ 3x in one season. @sammywatkins has already crossed the 150-yd mark twice & has 5 games to play.