Eagles/Lions Game Thread

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Lions had a guy like Karlos Williams who could just pound it, they could have a dynamic offense. Abdullah has some shake, Riddick is an excellent receiver. They have Megatron and Tate. Ebron has underachieved but he has some talent. Stanford is erratic of course but he can play. They just don't have a tough runner. Bell is a backup.

Bell looks pretty good today, haha.

I was worried about Chip as a GM from the moment he wrested control of it back last winter. I kept saying that Chip Kelly the GM was killing Chip Kelly the coach.

And yeah, the GM moves have looked abysmal. Without DeSean or Maclin, the Eagles receiving corps looks terrible. Chip got rid of Shady because he "cost too much" and "wasn't a North South runner" only to pick up Demarco Murray, who so far has been an absolute bust. Kiko has either been injured or a liability. Evan Mathis, Pro Bowl guard, was cut. Boykin was traded for a 5th round pick.

But man, his play calling has been worse. Good coaches, when they realize something isn't working, make adaptations. People have caught up and Chip keeps trying the exact some thing.

I was worried about Chip as a GM from the moment he wrested control of it back last winter. I kept saying that Chip Kelly the GM was killing Chip Kelly the coach.

And yeah, the GM moves have looked abysmal. Without DeSean or Maclin, the Eagles receiving corps looks terrible. Chip got rid of Shady because he "cost too much" and "wasn't a North South runner" only to pick up Demarco Murray, who so far has been an absolute bust. Kiko has either been injured or a liability. Evan Mathis, Pro Bowl guard, was cut. Boykin was traded for a 5th round pick.

But man, his play calling has been worse. Good coaches, when they realize something isn't working, make adaptations. People have caught up and Chip keeps trying the exact some thing.

i saw someone tweet that as a north-south runner, Shady looks like Mike Alstott compared to Murray. Lol