The WTF Moments

Every game, I have those WTF are they thinking moments. Have at it Bills fans and see how many we can list for the 2015 season. I'll start.

NE (Week 11)

3rd and inches near midfield late in the game. WTF!!! Why are we running a sweep with the running back getting the ball three yards in the backfield. TT the supposed running QB can't take a snaps and dive/fall forward six inches. WTF!!!

Every game, I have those WTF are they thinking moments. Have at it Bills fans and see how many we can list for the 2015 season. I'll start.

NE (Week 11)

3rd and inches near midfield late in the game. WTF!!! Why are we running a sweep with the running back getting the ball three yards in the backfield. TT the supposed running QB can't take a snaps and dive/fall forward six inches. WTF!!!

I had the same thought durINg the game.

Rex comes out wearing a Clemson helmet.

I mean, WTF!!

The more I think of it it's these little execution plays - the simply check down, always gaining positive yards and not shooting yourself in the foot, that add up to make the difference.

Take Brady, he's won 4 Super Bowls by 13 points. He's plus 6 points in 6 Super Bowls with a 4-2 record.

Now back to Monday Night's game: IF Leodis doesn't fumble (Pats fg -3 pts) and Carpenter kicks a field goal (Bills fg +3 pts), and Mario chips the running back which enables a Corey Graham tackle the Pats settle for a field goal (Pats -4 pts). Those plays in our favor make the score 16-13 Bills. That plus 3 points is the Brady margin in Super Bowls.

NE (Week 11)

You know how I knew that was coming?

He'd already made the same dipshlt call about 2 minutes into the game, which naturally led to a 3/out in a game where sustaining offense was the #1 key to winning

Now back to Monday Night's game: IF Leodis doesn't fumble (Pats fg -3 pts) and Carpenter kicks a field goal (Bills fg +3 pts), and Mario chips the running back which enables a Corey Graham tackle the Pats settle for a field goal (Pats -4 pts). Those plays in our favor make the score 16-13 Bills. That plus 3 points is the Brady margin in Super Bowls.

I don't want to be in the lead heading into the last of the 4th Q; Brady will take them down and score every time. I'd rather we have the ball last, going for the win.

Like at the end of the first half, we had Brady's number all game to that point, and then we let up on the pressure and they get a TD in 33 seconds.

With the missed figgie that's a 10-point swing.

WTF

Edited by WotAGuy

Espn Sports Science did a nice analysis of the Brady sneak. Go to 1:13 of this video. How come other QB's teams not do this. Especially an "athelete" like Tyrod?

because he's small..........but back to punting we got the ball back 1:50 later and scored a td...then got a stop and the ball back again with 1:40 plenty of time we just refuse to throw the ball down the field. Going for it sounds good until you don't make it and at the 10 minute mark it's game over- we had their offense bottled up all day why risk jump starting anything at midfield....pin them back and we will have the ball back in 90 seconds and we did. That is the part some forget - it worked as well as you could have hoped. Even despite no sense of urgency they had what they needed except the scoring drive

I don't want to be in the lead heading into the last of the 4th Q; Brady will take them down and score every time. I'd rather we have he ball last, going for the win.

Like at the end of the first half, we had Brady's number all game to that point, and then we let up on the pressure and they get a TD in 33 seconds.

With the missed figgie that's a 10-point swing.

WTF

That is what you hope for. exactly.

The more I think of it it's these little execution plays - the simply check down, always gaining positive yards and not shooting yourself in the foot, that add up to make the difference.

Take Brady, he's won 4 Super Bowls by 13 points. He's plus 6 points in 6 Super Bowls with a 4-2 record.

good analogy. also the post on Hogan is spot on. He needs to be aware of the first down marker and make the play, but there is still no excuse for the third down play call.

Edited by BillsRdue