The good and bad of Chris Hogan

Kelly the Dog

Yeah he's doing his best to match the production that Goodwin was giving us lo these many years.

At no point was he behind Goodwin on any depth chart. He was absolutely going to get reps this year one way or another. He's good. The play where he got and then gave up the first down was terrible. My guess is he learns from it and you'll never see anything like that again.

That is clearly debatable because it would depend on the roles. Sammy & Percy were clear 1 & 2, with Woods in the slot as the possession WR. Hogan's role on the outside would come in to spell Sammy or Percy. Goodwin had a different role for offensive formations that utilized his speed. There were no plays designed specifically for Hogan. So yeah, Hogan was the 5th guy in the offensive game plan.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a difference between ONE play and what you said. Players make mistakes but not like you claimed "the defense doesn't bother to cover him".

there are more. Just don't feel like digging into it and I don't think anyone would waste their time making a video of all hogan catches as a bill. I think he's well below average you dont. Cool.

That is clearly debatable because it would depend on the roles. Sammy & Percy were clear 1 & 2, with Woods in the slot as the possession WR. Hogan's role on the outside would come in to spell Sammy or Percy. Goodwin had a different role for offensive formations that utilized his speed. There were no plays designed specifically for Hogan. So yeah, Hogan was the 5th guy in the offensive game plan.

Well at this point it doesn't really matter because once again, just like last year, Hogan is making big catches in games that count in the meat of the season and once again, just like last season, Goodwin will not be wearing a Bills uniform in a big game that actually counts on Sunday. The 2015 Goodwin charade was over before it started. And it's too bad because he made some great plays as a rookie in 2013.

Well at this point it doesn't really matter because once again, just like last year, Hogan is making big catches in games that count in the meat of the season and once again, just like last season, Goodwin will not be wearing a Bills uniform in a big game that actually counts on Sunday. The 2015 Goodwin charade was over before it started. And it's too bad because he made some great plays as a rookie in 2013.

Isn't that the point of this thread? He's made some big catches, but for most part his game is pedestrian that's exemplified by constant head scratching moves. He's a below average 3rd string WR.

5 catches for 90 yard pace puts you at over 1400 for the season.

Good for 5th overall in the NFL last year.

If TT hits him on that long one he has a 140 yard game.

But apparently the "worst" instincts of all time.

Dramatic, eh?

He had a productive game but left some on the table.

5 catches for 90 yard pace puts you at over 1400 for the season.

Good for 5th overall in the NFL last year.

If TT hits him on that long one he has a 140 yard game.

But apparently the "worst" instincts of all time.

I get what your saying....but that wont happen every game. Frankly if he does then that means Sammy is continuing to be frozen out of the game plan which is going to end up bad in the long run.

there are more. Just don't feel like digging into it and I don't think anyone would waste their time making a video of all hogan catches as a bill. I think he's well below average you dont. Cool.

I think well below average is a little unfair

Like I said....decent number 3