Real late with my observations but got to post

Billsfan1972

1. Yep the refs were atrocious, but the game was there for the taking
  2. Fourth & under 5 and NE runs into the kicker and no flag or replay. Was in a bar and again scratching my head. That would have been a first down.
  3. No PI on Hogan pass. Text book simple call. How many times the Bills have been called and I am upset with the DB/LB and concede what an obvious call it is.
  4. TT ignoring Watkins again. This is plain stupid. The article looking at Deandre Hopkins and his 1 targets/game with worse QB's tells you all you need to know
  5. How come NE get's receivers over the middle and moving and Buffalo just don't? Watkins should be catching passes on the run
  6. Defense played well, but again a missed tackle (last minute of first half) and one long gain negates much of it.
  7. Wasted timeouts..... Dumb dumb dumb.....
  8. Two minute offense pathetic. Bills last play or not advanced the ball 35 yards in 2 minutes. One sack, but no sense of urgency. Coaching & TT unprepared.
  9. 3rd & 6" from midfield. Run up as Brady does and sneak it.
  10. Terrible 3rd down play calling throughout. First play of the game we complete a 9 yarder and still a three and out.....

Off to KC who the Bills have manhandled the last two years and still managed to lose.......

Edited by Billsfan1972

2. Fourth & under 5 and NE runs into the kicker and no flag or replay. Was in a bar and again scratching my head. That would have been a first down.
  3. No PI on Hogan pass. Text book simple call. How many times the Bills have been called and I am upset with the DB/LB and concede what an obvious call it is.
  4. TT ignoring Watkins again. This is plain stupid. The article looking at Deandre Hopkins and his 1 targets/game with worse QB's tells you all you need to know
  5. How come NE get's receivers over the middle and moving and Buffalo just don't? Watkins should be catching passes on the run
  6. Defense played well, but again a missed tackle (last minute of first half) and one long gain negates much of it.
  8. Two minute offense pathetic. Bills last play or not advanced the ball 35 yards in 2 minutes. One sack, but no sense of urgency. Coaching & TT unprepared.
  10. Terrible 3rd down play calling throughout. First play of the game we complete a 9 yarder and still a hree and out.....

Off to KC who the Bills have manhandled the last two years and still managed to lose.......

IMO if Watkins doesn't start getting the ball a lot, he will publicly ask to be traded after the season is over. The Bills are not only being stupid not using him, they are costing him money when he becomes a free agent which is the reason he will go public and force them to trade him.

I wouldn't blame him either. The Bills are idiots with how they've ignored Watkins in game plans.

IMO if Watkins doesn't start getting the ball a lot, he will publicly ask to be traded after the season is over. The Bills are not only being stupid not using him, they are costing him money when he becomes a free agent which is the reason he will go public and force them to trade him.

I wouldn't blame him either. The Bills are idiots with how they've ignored Watkins in game plans.

Agree 110%. Want to have an offensive star to cheer for and instead it's a joke. This is a QB's league and receivers are hugely important. I like TT, but if he is having trouble reading coverages, the coaching is lousy and you don't tell him to throw to Watkins, just exacerbates the point.

Again here are the top receivers and targets. Top 25 have at least 8/game and 5 receptions (if played all 10 games)...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/receiving/sort/receivingTargets

Edited by Billsfan1972

10. Terrible 3rd down play calling throughout. First play of the game we complete a 9 yarder and still a three and out.....

the over the middle and the deep balls. i think when the all 22 film comes out you will see that bellichek made sure to play a two deep, take away as many deep balls as possible, and roll a safety over watkins. this is why you saw woods making intermediate catches, shady out of the backfield a lot, and hogan open. taylor was taking what they were giving him.

we all want watkins to get the ball a lot, but it's not hard to shut down a single man on a football team. especially a WR. sure other WRs dominate under any condition, but those WRs aren't 6 1 and 200lbs. He's kind of small.

Edited by quinnearlysghost88

10.) this seems to happen multiple times per game, offense gets 7-8-9 yards on first down but cant get the first

this to me comes down to just bad and obvious play calling by Roman

worst part of that play by Hogan was he actually had the first but went backwards, just get the first

Edited by Max997

The running into the kicker seemed quite obvious yet they never showed a replay (as said I was in a bar).

The interference on Hogan was confirmed by all the announcers as was the last play of the game (by rules officials everywhere).

The fact that Rex didn't seem to care at all the last two minutes with the stoppages or hurrying the offense shows his lack of interest on that side of the ball. At least you saw Sean Payton laying into Rob Ryan about NO's defense, but Rex just focuses on the D.

Yep, they ran into Schmidts plant foot while he was in the air and made him fall. Should have been 10 + a first down Bills. No flag, no replay, refs blow!

All that was needed was 5 as it was 4th & 3 or 4. That's why it wasn't called because it would have been a first down.

Yep, they ran into Schmidts plant foot while he was in the air and made him fall. Should have been 10 + a first down Bills. No flag, no replay, refs blow!

Yes, refs even blow their whistles by mistake.

Poor play calling is an understatement. Third and an inch and they run a sweep, unsuccessfully.

Seriously? That's why the penalty wasn't called? Your logic makes no sense.

Yes, because there was no way to miss it and if the flag was thrown even 5 yards resulted in a first down.

Often have seen a flag thrown and then the officials discuss it and if it is over 5 yards for a first down they'll call the 5 yard penalty as opposed to Personal Foul 15 yards.....

i think it makes sense in the context of his point. your reach to be glib aside

Anyone have a gif or shot of the play as they didn't show a replay and seemed obviously he was hit. This was the first drive of the game and would have resulted in as said a first down at the 30 as opposed to NE getting the ball @ the 35 (subsequently they got a FG).

10.) this seems to happen multiple times per game, offense gets 7-8-9 yards on first down but cant get the first

this to me comes down to just bad and obvious play calling by Roman

worst part of that play by Hogan was he actually had the first but went backwards, just get the first

Agree. When you have 2nd & 1, IMO you either go up the gut to try & get the 1st down or you play action & try & make a 10-20 yd play. What did we do? We ran a sweep & lost yards. When you are on your own 29, it would probably be wise to run twice if necessary. We are out thinking ourselves.

I'm not completely sure Schmidt was hit on that play. It looked like the Patriot player slid underneath while Schmidt was in the air, and to avoid the Patriot, Schmidt fell forward. It's possible that there was contact between the two of them, but I couldn't really tell one way or the other. The official was right there watching, not that that would have been enough to prove anything for that crew.

I'm not completely sure Schmidt was hit on that play. It looked like the Patriot player slid underneath while Schmidt was in the air, and to avoid the Patriot, Schmidt fell forward. It's possible that there was contact between the two of them, but I couldn't really tell one way or the other. The official was right there watching, not that that would have been enough to prove anything for that crew.

I just watched it a few times. It was on the second drive. Very late in first quarter. There is no way the Bills blocked the Pats guy into Schmidt, the pats man took a good angle, beat our guy and then angled right at the punter. And to me it's almost physically impossible for Schmidt to fall like he did without being hit at all. He kind of goes sideways when he falls. And he wasn't allowed to land. Looked like a blatant penalty but I couldn't see the actual contact from that angle. Turico just says "No flag." and they never go back to it.

As far as Sammy Watkins is concerned I wonder if it would be wise for the Bills to hire a passing game coordinator, and let Roman setup the run game. The Dallas Cowboys has a similar situation a few years ago with their coaching staff.

I have no idea why Watkins isn't even getting the targets he publicly asked for a few weeks ago, I mean if you throw the ball 35 times a game why not get the most explosive play maker on both teams the freaking ball ten times a game? Chris Hogan the leading receiver... really? Charles Clay the leading receiver against the Jets. Why the Fu*k did the Bills give up three draft picks, and two first rounders for a decoy?

This would be like obtaining LeSean McCoy, and paying him 6 mill per then giving Dan Herron all the carries :blink: The coaches really expect to win with Chris Hogan getting more targets then Watkins?