South Park vs PC

Azalin

Anyone who watches South Park knows that Parker & Stone frequently take on social issues currently in the news, but season 19 has done so in a much more direct fashion than ever before. From Donald Trump and Caitlyn Jenner to body shaming, urban revitalization, and the PC takeover in schools, South Park has begun a direct assault on many of the 'modern sensibilities' we argue about here daily.

Since it first aired in 1997, South Park has been my favorite show - which I realize says more than a little about my own sense of humor. They began writing the episodes with a sense of continuity last year, with each show leading into the next, or elements of several prior episodes resurfacing in later episodes. This year - season 19 - is being written in the same fashion, but with a focus on the idiocies of political correctness that is beyond refreshing to see. The townspeoples' desire to become progressive; luring Whole Foods to town, renaming Kenny's house SodoSopa (south of downtown South Park) and surrounding it with high end restaurants in an effort to gentrify the 'bad neighborhood', the firing of Principal Victoria and replacing her with a just-out-of-liberal-arts-school-frat-boy type named PC Principal, a fat-shaming presentation at the school hosted by a tear-stricken Steven Seagal, are just a small part of what's been lampooned, and with 3 more episodes yet in the season, there's sure to be more.

I know South Park isn't for everybody. It's just as crass as ever, but more and more I see that their sensibilities, Parker's especially, are much like my own. I think a lot of people here would enjoy it too.

Definitely NSFW:

Even harsher - Reality crashes the fundraiser:

Edited by Azalin

This season has been great, save the Tweek & Craig episode which was the gayest episode in a long time (literally and figuratively). Only had one funny line that entire episode

WWII pun: The rape of Don King

But the rest of the season has been great. Love the overall arching theme of the PC fad and of course one of the best musical bits in a long time

***NSFW***

SOUTH PARK FINDS OUT WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU RUN THE POLICE OUT OF TOWN:

When Officer Barbrady accidentally shoots an unarmed 6-year-old Latino boy, the town of South Park rises up to get rid of the police, in the episode “Naughty Ninjas.” (“We’ve only had a Whole Foods for a month, and already, we don’t need cops. So cool.”)

In a montage set to “F*** the Police” by N.W.A., the white yuppies are shown dancing, holding glasses of wine and flipping the bird to the police. But when the South Park boys start dressing as ninjas to chase away the vagrants outside Kenny’s house when the police won’t, the townspeople think ISIS has taken over – and worse: the homeless people have started camping out outside Whole Foods!

Now the town suddenly realizes they need their police force back.

• 4 weeks later...

I have not watched SP since they came off of Netflix. :(

There have been many years where South Park was the only reason I had cable. I'm not a big TV guy - I watch more shows now than I have in many years. Currently I watch South Park, The Strain, Ash vs Evil Dead, and Archer. South Park is by far and away my favorite.

Edited by Azalin

http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/culture/alexa-moutevelis-coombs/2015/12/10/south-park-gun-episode-liberals-didnt-want-see

-Jimmy: What happened to you, Nathan? I always thought you were a nice kid. Now you've got a gun?
-Nathan: Oh, everyone's getting one of these now, Jim. Nobody knows who to trust.

-Jimmy: Yeah? Well, guns are never the answer.

-Nathan: Don't you kind of wish you'd had one back when Leslie betrayed you and nearly beat you to death?

-Jimmy: Oh. I guess it would have been a decent answer then. T-t-t-touché.

- See more at: http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/culture/alexa-moutevelis-coombs/2015/12/10/south-park-gun-episode-liberals-didnt-want-see#sthash.pCb4IVTn.dpuf