The Mizzou/Yale/PC/Free Speech Topic

FireChan

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I know Buffalo schools were supposed to be using the 1619 project's "history" lessons:

Is Buffalo still going through with the 1619 project? The woman who is the main author has admitted it is not history but narrative. I would be upset if I was told my student in history was not being taught history but a narrative 

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Is Buffalo still going through with the 1619 project? The woman who is the main author has admitted it is not history but narrative. I would be upset if I was told my student in history was not being taught history but a narrative 

Well, that link leads to the Buffalo Public Schools website where it claims: On January 7, 8, and 9, the District's Culturally and Linguistically Responsive Initiatives Committee  will roll out the 1619 Project as a curriculum infusion model at grades 7-12.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Well, that link leads to the Buffalo Public Schools website where it claims: On January 7, 8, and 9, the District's Culturally and Linguistically Responsive Initiatives Committee  will roll out the 1619 Project as a curriculum infusion model at grades 7-12.

I understand that is the current plan but are people in Buffalo discussing scrapping it? The author admitting her work is crap happened recently and was wondering if there was any push from parents to get real education since. I am wondering if anyone in Buffalo has heard anything.

Just now, Buffalo Timmy said:

I understand that is the current plan but are people in Buffalo discussing scrapping it? The author admitting her work is crap happened recently and was wondering if there was any push from parents to get real education since. I am wondering if anyone in Buffalo has heard anything.

🤷‍♂️