The Mizzou/Yale/PC/Free Speech Topic

FireChan

Boy,  that left-wing boycott sure hurt..........?

Chick-fil-A surpasses Burger King, Taco Bell on best-selling list

by Nicolas Vega

Original Article

Chick-fil-A is now the second-highest-grossing restaurant chain in the US—despite not being open on Sundays. Thanks to sales growth in 2019 of 13 percent to $11.3 billion, the chicken slinger leapfrogged over Taco Bell and Burger King to second place behind McDonald’s, according to Restaurant Business Magazine’s annual list of top 500 restaurants. The Atlanta-based chain’s dominance is even more impressive considering it has only 2,470 locations in the United States.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

Boy,  that left-wing boycott sure hurt..........?

Chick-fil-A surpasses Burger King, Taco Bell on best-selling list

by Nicolas Vega

Original Article

Chick-fil-A is now the second-highest-grossing restaurant chain in the US—despite not being open on Sundays. Thanks to sales growth in 2019 of 13 percent to $11.3 billion, the chicken slinger leapfrogged over Taco Bell and Burger King to second place behind McDonald’s, according to Restaurant Business Magazine’s annual list of top 500 restaurants. The Atlanta-based chain’s dominance is even more impressive considering it has only 2,470 locations in the United States.

https://www.barrons.com/articles/mcdonalds-has-a-real-competitor-in-chick-fil-a-51560162600

Chick-Fil-A, founded in 1946 in Atlanta and still private under the control of founder Samuel Cathy’s family, is one of the largest chicken-focused quick service restaurant chains in the U.S.—and growing fast. The chain sold about $10.7 billion worth of food last year, according to Bank of America estimates. That’s about 9% of the total revenue for the 27 largest burger, chicken and sandwich chains in the U.S., up from the 4% share eight years ago.

From 2010 to 2018, Chick-Fil-A has increased its revenue at a 15% annual rate, while the whole industry only grew by 3.4%. The chain has opened more new stores, while maintaining high-single-digit growth in per-store sales at the same time. In 2018, Chick-Fil-A had an average of $4.7 million sales per store, well above the $2.8 million for McDonald’s and $1.3 to $1.8 million for most other peers.

An expanding Chick-Fil-A has been mostly eating up Subway’s business over the past decade, as Subway’s market share has decreased from 12% to 8% since 2010. If the chicken-sandwich chain continues to get bigger, however, it would likely step into the space of other rivals in the coming years, Francfort wrote in a Friday note. He expects Chick-Fil-A to reach a 15% industry share by 2025, up from the current 9%.

This bodes well for gaining new franchisees.

• Like (+1) 1

On Tuesday, late-night show host Jimmy Fallon became the center of a lot of outrage brigade Twitter’s anger when a skit he did back in 2000 was dug up and shown for all the internet to see.

The skit features Fallon dressing and acting as Chris Rock would, but completely with blackface.

Actually, there is an excuse. He was doing a harmless comedy bit that was devoid of racism.

Fallon shouldn’t have apologized because what Fallon did wasn’t racist.

Firstly, Fallon was impersonating Chris Rock, and was doing a fabulous job of it too. Reportedly, Rock even thought Fallon’s impression was spot on and funny. Moreover, Fallon wasn’t engaging in stereotypes, degrading the black population, or making a pointed statement about the black community. He was literally impersonating Chris Rock.

But let’s say that he was making comedy around stereotypes. Would it be racist then?

It depends on how the stereotype is portrayed. Not all portrayals of stereotypes are hateful and the people who use them for comedy are usually just having harmless fun.

Dave Chappelle did whiteface multiple times during the Chappelle Show and nobody batted an eye despite his portrayal as a stereotypical representative of a white culture that no one else liked.

Fallon’s portrayal of Rock was also a harmless skit done in the name of comedy. He, like comedians who played races they didn’t belong to, did nothing wrong.

Fallon made a mistake by apologizing, in no small part because apologizing confirms to his accusers that he is guilty of having done something wrong. This only teaches race-obsessed people that they were correct in their outrage and that mobbing someone will result in the desired knee-bending.

Fallon’s apology effectively made the racism problem in America worse by not defending himself.

https://www.redstate.com/brandon_morse/2020/05/27/why-jimmy-fallon-shouldnt-have-apologized/

• Like (+1) 2

On 5/17/2020 at 1:22 PM, B-Man said:

Thumbnail

Unfortunately chemistry majors must go through English and Sociology classes. My worst professor was a sociology professor who told me math was mainly used to keep minorities down. She also bad mouthed anyone who was successful financially and one fine day said everyone who lived in my town was racist because there was a racist cop who lived there- I have no idea if he was racist.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Unfortunately chemistry majors must go through English and Sociology classes. My worst professor was a sociology professor who told me math was mainly used to keep minorities down. She also bad mouthed anyone who was successful financially and one fine day said everyone who lived in my town was racist because there was a racist cop who lived there- I have no idea if he was racist.

That’s like saying all Mexican immigrants are criminals because one Mexican immigrant committed a rape.  It’s not right to paint with a broad brush in either instance. 

42 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

That’s like saying all Mexican immigrants are criminals because one Mexican immigrant committed a rape.  It’s not right to paint with a broad brush in either instance. 

She was not bright- but she felt ok to say dumb things so long as it never insulted minorities. The difference though between you and me is I take full quotes and not just the parts that allow me to be outraged.