IK Enemkpali to be team captain vs. Jets

Wazzu Bill

Geno was asked in the locker room about IK being named captain and he said, "I don't think anything of it. I don't take it personal if that is what you're asking. Why would I?" The reporter said, "Because he punched you." Geno seemed perturbed by the question and then turned away and said, "Next question."

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geno was asked in the locker room about IK being named captain and he said, "I don't think anything of it. I don't take it personal if that is what you're asking. Why would I?" The reporter said, "Because he punched you." Geno seemed perturbed by the question and then turned away and said, "Next question."

the poor media looking stupid at every turn trying to get quotes

The outrage of course is that some are going to twist Rex's motivation into something about tweaking the Jets over the punch to Geno.

Some fans are informed enough to know Rex lets players be captains against their former teams all the time. Others, less informed, will think Rex is being a classless buffoon - and this reflects badly on the whole organization.

I don't think it's right to exclude IK from the honor when Rex has a tradition in place. Then again, I don't like the negative publicity.

This where I'm at form the most part. I can accept Ryan's explanation as he has always had the tradition of naming former players of opposing teams as captain. Maybin comes to mind from when we faced the Jest a few seasons ago. And that ex DB of ours as well. Can't remember his name.

But in the case of IK, he should have used a little discretion. But I don't think tact is a Ryan family trait. His blowhard dad was the same way.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

Yesterday while at the grocery store in my Bills jersey, the woman at the express register counted my case of beer as 24 individual items and she made me go to another line.

Coincidence?

Listen you nutbags...the real world doesn't give a rat's asshair about what football team you follow.

People like Jim Rome and Tim Graham are a dime a dozen, and if you find yourself at a point where you can't listen to a chucklehead like Rome because he makes you think the world hates you, I can promise you...in this equation...the problem is neither Jim Rome nor your football team.

I've been following this team since Gary Marangi first stepped in for an injured Ferguson and finished the second half of the season with a 35% completion percentage and 16 picks, and to this day the ONLY thing that ever embarrasses me about this team are the fans who think people like Jim Rome and Tim Graham are important.

This downright inspirational. I am not surprised it comes from a long time sufferer. The Marangi year was another in a long line of character building hears. Our skin is tough as tarmac.

GO BILLS!!!

IK being named captain would have happened whether or not he punched Geno. It's what Ryan does. Fine.

But IK punching Geno should have been a reason for Ryan not to name him captain this time. Just poor judgement on Rex's part if you ask me. He knew damned well it would fan the flames in NYC, he is addicted to the drama of being an NFL head coach, and he he just couldn't/wouldn't help himself.

GO BILLS!!!

IK being named captain would have happened whether or not he punched Geno. It's what Ryan does. Fine.

But IK punching Geno should have been a reason for Ryan not to name him captain this time. Just poor judgement on Rex's part if you ask me. He knew damned well it would fan the flames in NYC, he is addicted to the drama of being an NFL head coach, and he he just couldn't/wouldn't help himself.

GO BILLS!!!

You are correct. The concept of naming player or players that formerly played for the week's opponent is idiotic, but even more so in a situation like this. Further more, players move around in this league, their departure is not always acrimonious, it is often of their own volition. I don't get the point of this.

GO BILLS!!!

Name the people it has fanned the flames in NYC? Seriously. One sportswriter. One Jet player has said it was disrespectful, a guy who hates Ryan. Where is this outrage in NY?

I should say a few sports writers, who have denounced it. But not much.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

Name the people it has fanned the flames in NYC? Seriously. One sportswriter. One Jet player has said it was disrespectful, a guy who hates Ryan. Where is this outrage in NY?

I don't care who is outraged in NYC. I've been a Bills fan for over fifty years and I'm outraged. This is a dumb classless act and it reflects on the organization. Can you imagine Levy doing this?

I don't care who is outraged in NYC. I've been a Bills fan for over fifty years and I'm outraged. This is a dumb classless act and it reflects on the organization. Can you imagine Levy doing this?

No. I can't. But this is my point. It's mostly only a certain amount of Bills fans who are outraged and a lot of them (not you, I can see you have been following this) are ill-informed as to how and why it happened.

No. I can't. But this is my point. It's mostly only a certain amount of Bills fans who are outraged and a lot of them (not you, I can see you have been following this) are ill-informed as to how and why it happened.

As I stated earlier I think the concept of naming players as captains because they played for a team previously is dumb. Rex can't even do it every week. The IK thing just makes it dumber. The excuse is "this what we always do". This doesn't make it right or even gamesmanship. On any other team in any situation is a marginal player like IK named as a captain?

As I stated earlier I think the concept of naming players as captains because they played for a team previously is dumb. Rex can't even do it every week. The IK thing just makes it dumber. The excuse is "this what we always do". This doesn't make it right or even gamesmanship. On any other team in any situation is a marginal player like IK named as a captain?

This article says Todd Bowles does the same thing and if players are from the area they are playing in they will be named captains that week.

http://touch.metro.us/new-york/todd-bowles-has-new-plan-for-jets-team-captains-well-not-really/zsJohB---bwSlMuqYkcwnw/

hopefully it motivates the kid to play better.. he's going to have to learn how to rush from the 9-tech, without bouncing off the OT.. get upfield or swim inside.. something. and when he's got coverage responsibilities in the flat, he's gotta make tackles. not too impressed with him as a defender.

This article says Todd Bowles does the same thing and if players are from the area they are playing in they will be named captains that week. http://touch.metro.us/new-york/todd-bowles-has-new-plan-for-jets-team-captains-well-not-really/zsJohB---bwSlMuqYkcwnw/

The article doesn't say anything about players that previously played for the opponent. Captains are named weekly based on performance or if they are from the opponents region. IK is from Texas and played at LSU.

The article doesn't say anything about players that previously played for the opponent. Captains are named weekly based on performance or if they are from the opponents region. IK is from Texas and played at LSU.

It was an answer to asking if any other team or coach used marginal players as weekly captains. Bowles policy, by definition, would be also including marginal players.