Doug Whaley

RyanC883

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get why we're fussin' and fuedin' with each other. We needed that win today and if we take down the Jets on Thursday night we're in really good shape. We're Bills fans. We're passionate people who aren't afraid to voice our opinions. Saying stupid **** is part of the fun of watching football. But why not enjoy the W and get amped for next week instead of poking the bear against your own fam. I'll see any of you NYC folk at Metlife. GO BILLS!

Your logic is flawless, I submit to your wisdom. Aside from the fact that the Titans ARE 2-6, the Dolphins ARE 3-5, and the Colts ARE 4-5 because they ARE NOT talented enough teams to have the records you mentioned.

And the undefeated Denver Broncos who shut down the Green Bay Packers (Rodgers had 77 yards passing) lost to the Colts. I guess they are bad too. Every game is it's own match-up and it's why we play the games, and don't write off games like Jacksonville, or the Titans, or anyone.

I don't get why we're fussin' and fuedin' with each other. We needed that win today and if we take down the Jets on Thursday night we're in really good shape. We're Bills fans. We're passionate people who aren't afraid to voice our opinions. Saying stupid **** is part of the fun of watching football. But why not enjoy the W and get amped for next week instead of poking the bear against your own fam. I'll see any of you NYC folk at Metlife. GO BILLS!

I agree, let's turn this thing around on Thursday and get our wildcard back! :beer:

Edited by What a Tuel

If the purpose of this thread is to indicate that a general Manager's competency can be measured by assembling a team that can only manage to get wins against opponents with a losing record, then I apologize for ever doubting Whaley's abilities.

You beat who you play. You can't control the opposing team's record.

Where are all the haters today? Kind of quiet? Perhaps because:

1. Watkins again proved why he was the best WR in the 2014 draft class.

2. Darby looked great again. Whaley again drafted a potential DROY??

3. McCoy looked great.

4. So did another guy, K. Williams, drafted in the 5th round.

Oh wait, he traded Matt Cassle, fire him :flirt:

Scorched earth. Roast them !!!

The only people doubting Whaley are people unfamiliar with the other teams and their draft records. New England has busted on a zillion of their 2nd round picks. Baltimore misses. Both of those teams still are considered good at drafting.

Yep.

Maybe because after a win, no one is trying to dampen the mood by being negative?

Go ahead. Cassel and stuff ? Injured players back, and whaleys baby looks pretty gd solid.

You're right, I'm placing too much value on the role wins and losses play in determining a championship team.

in essence, this is the argument. and it's possible the bills finish 12-4 and make it to the sb. but 8-8 or 9-7 look much more probable to me. even in that instance, the homers here will not concede that the season was unsuccessful and that whaley holds responsibility. the bills look to me to be well measured by their current record. if we can't agree that wins and losses are the gold standard for success or failure, then it's not worth arguing. apparently, we can't.

we can all agree that we hope for the best so perhaps unicorns and rainbows should be the theme of every thread. now if we were just better fans...

Edited by birdog1960

Your logic is flawless, I submit to your wisdom. Aside from the fact that the Titans ARE 2-6, the Dolphins ARE 3-5, and the Colts ARE 4-5 because they ARE NOT talented enough teams to have the records you mentioned.

And the Colts just beat the undefeated Broncos...

Maybe because after a win, no one is trying to dampen the mood by being negative?

Ha! Nah, that aint it. Not on this Board.

you're new here, aren't you..?

This is silly because Nix was the GM when EJ was drafted. :doh:

No offense, but this is the most annoying fanboy bull **** that gets posted on a regular basis, and you've been around long enough to know better.

If TT keeps it up Whaley will be absolved of the EJ pick. But let's wait to see how the next few weeks go before we start sucking each other off. 4-4 is a little early to start celebrating.

No offense, but this is the most annoying fanboy bull **** that gets posted on a regular basis, and you've been around long enough to know better.

If TT keeps it up Whaley will be absolved of the EJ pick. But let's wait to see how the next few weeks go before we start sucking each other off. 4-4 is a little early to start celebrating.

He was absolved of the Ej pick a million times over w Darby, Richie, Tyrod,Byrd, Spiller, Karlos, McCoy,graham moves.

So many gd crybabies regarding Ej. It's one pick. All franchises have blown tons of them. Get over it.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

in essence, this is the argument. and it's possible the bills finish 12-4 and make it to the sb. but 8-8 or 9-7 look much more probable to me. even in that instance, the homers here will not concede that the season was unsuccessful and that whaley holds responsibility. the bills look to me to be well measured by their current record. if we can't agree that wins and losses are the gold standard for success or failure, then it's not worth arguing. apparently, we can't.

we can all agree that we hope for the best so perhaps unicorns and rainbows should be the theme of every thread. now if we were just better fans...

I dont think many here hope for the best at all. Many would prefer to be right about Whaley than make the playoffs, imho, which means some of us do indeed need to be better fans.

As far as your gold standard, I'd say you are looming at it too simplistic of a fashion. The GM's job is to assemble a talented roster. Do you believe that this is a playoff quality roster? If no, then its not worth arguing.

It's not about blowing the !@#$ing pick, and you've been around long enough to know that too. But if you want to bend over backwards to maintain the fantasy that the object of your homo-erotic man crush is infallible then have at it.

Rob - If you were in Whaley's shoes, what would you have done differently, beginning with EJ's draft?

It's not about blowing the !@#$ing pick, and you've been around long enough to know that too. But if you want to bend over backwards to maintain the fantasy that the object of your homo-erotic man crush is infallible then have at it.

I don't know who this man crush is. But tell us why you're mad son.

I've listed a million Whaley positives. What's the argument here ? He's only batting .700 ?

Remember when Whaley drafted JP Losman?

Whaley has a lot more wins than losses when it comes to roster building. I have harsh criticisms of his handling of the QB position, but it would be world class stupidity to fire him over that alone, while ignoring the rest of his work. The quality of the roster is improving year after year. Why not let the positive growth continue?

DW GETS more crap for pushing EJ on this team this year than anything else. All the threads in here slamming him came after EJ **** the bed in London.

fixed that for you

God I hate this statistic :wallbash: . You do realize that the Titans would have been 3-5, Dolphins 5-3, and Colts 5-4 had we not beat them right?

Awesome. I honestly hadnt put much thought into that. But its true indeed.